• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Maxwell from Scribblenauts canonically the most powerful videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synth

"Stone _____"

Boom, cool Zombie statue.

True, that should have been obviously considering what actually exists in the games.

Another potential weakness Maxwell has is range. I don't believe there's any reason to assume he's effective farther than the boundaries of the game's screen (or as far as he can see), whereas many characters like Superman could kill him from space.

Feeroper

There are really no compelling arguments against Maxwell - he is clearly the most powerful character. No Demonbane, no Mario, no Kirby, nor the Flash - Maxwell wins easily every time.

Synth

There are really no compelling arguments against Maxwell - he is clearly the most powerful character. No Demonbane, no Mario, no Kirby, nor the Flash - Maxwell wins easily every time.

I'm not convinced that's the case though. You seemingly have to composite together a version of the character that either isn't portrayed by the story, or isn't portrayed by the game to give him wins against plenty of characters. Stopping time doesn't seem anymore of an ability Maxwell has, than coming back to life is for most videogame characters after losing a life.

I would say that the most characters would lose to Maxwell if unaware of what his ability is, but in a discussion about the "most powerful" character, rather than a ScrewAttack-esque Death Battle, I don't think people being unaware of your ability is a very strong argument.

Also is there a Death Note game? Yagami just writes his name in the death note. Poetic Justice, being killed by someone else writing in a notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom