• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is MGSV online dead?

Mechazawa

You people need to chill. The game's a month out and they just teased some multiplayer skins or whatever two weeks. It's already confirmed to ship with MGSV, so if it's delayed, they already would have said something and if it's straight up not coming, they wouldn't have had that weak MP tease from a couple of weeks ago.

The Last of Us mp was barely talked about it and it turned out to have pay to win mechanics[many would argue at least] so they could be hiding something for MGS5 too.

Or maybe the online won't be quite ready at launch.

While I agree The Last Of Us MP does currently have a bunch of pay to win DLC, in its original launch state the online was pretty balanced up until the whole pay for new weapons crap. Hopefully MGO3 will live a decent life, really enjoyed MGO2 before it shut down.

Alo0oy

Banned
While I agree The Last Of Us MP does currently have a bunch of pay to win DLC, in its original launch state the online was pretty balanced up until the whole pay for new weapons crap. Hopefully MGO3 will live a decent life, really enjoyed MGO2 before it shut down.

It wasn't really pay 2 win, the best weapons were all available from the start. I agree that selling weapons as microtransactions was shitty, but I wouldn't call it pay 2 win, those weapons didn't give you any advantages.

jediyoshi

The Last of Us mp was barely talked about it and it turned out to have pay to win mechanics[many would argue at least] so they could be hiding something for MGS5 too.

Or maybe the online won't be quite ready at launch.

Are those people arguing time travelers? How would that have worked for the game at launch?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The FOX Engine was design with online play in mind, apprently, so I doubt we'll see things like that.

I hope not. I am looking forward to it quite a bit though. MGS4 was pretty clunky, and a lot of that carried over into MGO 2, with really long animations for simple things. After playing Ground Zeroes and seeing how much smoother they've made character control (not to mention the further improvements we'll see in MGSV proper) I think MGO 3 has some amazing potential.

It wasn't really pay 2 win, the best weapons were all available from the start. I agree that selling weapons as microtransactions was shitty, but I wouldn't call it pay 2 win, those weapons didn't give you any advantages.

Yeah agreed, being totally honest the Burst Rifle Or Semi Automatic beat all the dlc weapons hands down.

That's just silly. It's Kojima's final MGS game, his Magnum Opus. He and his team put a ton of work into it. Boycott Konami after MGS if you wan't, but doing that doesn't help (Or really hurt) anyone.

well i downgraded to the day 1 edition actually

decided i didnt need a cheap 10 dollar arm hanging in my room.

figured the base game was good enough

Top Bottom