• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Oral sex safe without a Condom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurongel

I had to look this up over the summer because reasons.

You can still totally catch something nasty from oral, especially if you're the giver.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
qlTW925.png

etc

Well. Any ejaculation in that area could lead to pregnancy, sure. It could drip right out of the bunghole into the lady parts when Joe Pecker pulls out. Low chance, but certainly not impossible. Hell, you can get pregnant from pre-cum in rare cases.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... This makes me wonder what about eating a girl out? I'd imagine it'd be easier to contract something as the one doing the eating?

I'm not proud to admit it, but I've been a bit reckless in my sexual escapades when looking back.

Getting caught up in the moment is the real struggle. T_T

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Hmm... This makes me wonder what about eating a girl out? I'd imagine it'd be easier to contract something as the one doing the eating?

I'm not proud to admit it, but I've been a bit reckless in my sexual escapades when looking back.

Getting caught up in the moment is the real struggle. T_T

Michael Douglas got oral cancer because of cunniliguis.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Any time there's the possibility of fluid exchange, there's the possibility of contracting something. Maybe you've got a split lip and a girl has a cold sore. You've smooched your way to oral herpes. Sex is a mess bro.

Konka

Banned
Any time there's the possibility of fluid exchange, there's the possibility of contracting something. Maybe you've got a split lip and a girl has a canker sore. You've smooched your way to oral herpes. Sex is a mess bro.

Isn't herpes...

Chances are you have herpes anyway, most people just don't show symptoms. And you probably have HPV too. People get so terrified of STD's but most of them are less heinous than strep throat.

I got oral once while wearing a condom. It took forever, my partner's mouth got tired and yucky and they ended up jerking me off in the end which was pointless because I'm much better at that than they were.

I applaud safe sex but I'm not going to pretend like receiving oral while wearing a condom is very pleasurable.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Isn't herpes...

Chances are you have herpes anyway, most people just don't show symptoms. And you probably have HPV too. People get so terrified of STD's but most of them are less heinous that strep throat.

Caught me pre-edit there.

Konka

Banned
So you are saying you would rather get Herpes for the rest of your life than use a condom? Wow

Herpes is one of the easier ones not to get. While you can get it when people aren't displaying symptoms the likelihood is nowhere near as high as when they have a visible sore.

That being said I don't usually get oral from one night stands and if I'm dating somebody you just get tested, it isn't hard.

Koppai

No me and my fiance go down on eachother. A condom would ruin it but if you are hookin up with randoms you might wanna think twice.

dork

Banned
Nope.

Jesus, people really don't know this?

You'd be surprised what people don't know. Every time I hear sex come up in a conversation it seems over 50% of the couples use the pull out method. Which explains why everyone in my Facebook feed has a child.

BamfMeat

I've had oral sex once with a condom, both giving and getting, same person.

Talk. About. Pointless.

Backdoor lovin', I was fine with. Oral? Fuck that - I'll take the 1% chance or whatever. I HAVE gotten HPV and was treated with a broad-spectrum anti, but you can get HPV from almost literally anyone. Per the CDC, " HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives." And back when I got it, I don't think they had the vaccine then. They do now.

So go, be free, and fellate anyone you can!

SaganIsGOAT

Even though my girlfriend and I didn't have many encounters before we had eachother we still both believed in being tested just in case. Seriously people, get tested, it doesn't matter how safe you are.

And on that note, we are both clean and enjoy giving oral to eachother without protection, there's no need. Oral is very fun. We rarely start normal inter course without Her going down on me or me going down on her. Oral is so intimate and fun.

Konka

Banned
Bad sex > STDs. Honestly, you can never be too cautious about this, IMO.

The point of sex ed was not to terrify you of sex. Being overly cautious about everything is a pretty terrible way to live...Reasonable caution is one thing but you certainly can be too cautious.

RM8

The point of sex ed was not to terrify you of sex. Being overly cautious about everything is a pretty terrible way to live...Reasonable caution is one thing but you certainly can be too cautious.
I guess it's up to everyone to individually decide if unprotected sex is worth the possible consequences :/

I do , I dont get to meet a lot of people because of it. I am a gay guy & I only kiss & jerk a guy off I suck only with a condom & don't do anal intercourse. I am messed up scared about getting something.

But this guy I met I like & would like a BJ

I dunno what to do :(

If you like each other, go to a clinic and get each other tested. If you're both clean, blow away.

fizzik

Banned
My understanding is that the digestive tract is particularly hostile to HIV. So you're "less likely" to contract THAT disease (however any break in the skin, ie bloody gums, ulcers etc make contraction easier) which is the one everyone worries about. However you're still susceptible to the litany of other shit.

Don't forget, herpes is forever.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Don't forget, herpes is forever.

I don't get this. So what? People go years (and sometimes forever) without symptoms.

Anyway, STDs really aren't that scary. The only one that scares me (besides HIV obviously) is HPV, which no one ever talks about because no one has any idea what it is (and tests for men don't exist). Though rare, it can cause oral cancer.

You're far more likely to contract genital herpes if a girl with oral herpes goes down on you than you are to contract oral herpes from a girl with genital herpes.

Rembrandt

Banned
As safe as any sex can be, yeah. Can still get herpes and stuff, but that's it for receiving. Same for giving, but there's the chance of HIV if you have any cuts or sores. I'm almost positive that risk is for sucking dick, though.

Edit: lol @ using a condom for oral, though. Grow up.

RM8

As safe as any sex can be, yeah. Can still get herpes and stuff, but that's it for receiving. Same for giving, but there's the chance of HIV if you have any cuts or sores. I'm almost positive that risk is for sucking dick, though.

"There's HIV but people who use a condom for oral should grow up". Okay.

Galang

Banned

Grow up?...

A friend of mine had gonorrhea for months without realizing. To me it's more scary how many people have something and don't realize because there's no symptoms for many STIs. I used to never hookup with anyone because I was overly terrified, but now I just take my chances with oral. I've tried with condoms but it just doesn't feel the same. I'm aware of the risk so i'll deal with the consequences if it ever gets to that. Before this year I was without any sexual contact for 2 years just because of fear for getting something.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
If any of you have had sex with more than four or five women, and have went down on them, there's a fine chance you've already greased your tongue over dormant herpes wounds and HPV, oral-cancer causing virus residue.

IceCold

It's pretty much the least risky thing you could do that involves genitals without a condom, especially for a dude. Provided the person doesn't have a herpes outbreaks or visible warts, the odds are quite low that you'd catch something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom