• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Oral sex safe without a Condom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus....some of these comments. OP, it's not that complicated, if you are doing it with someone random or you are not sure has been tested or hasn't be truthful with his/hers sexually history . USE A CONDOM. There is still a chance you can catch a STD orally.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Grow up?...

A friend of mine had gonorrhea for months without realizing. To me it's more scary how many people have something and don't realize because there's no symptoms for many STIs. I used to never hookup with anyone because I was overly terrified, but now I just take my chances with oral. I've tried with condoms but it just doesn't feel the same. I'm aware of the risk so i'll deal with the consequences if it ever gets to that. Before this year I was without any sexual contact for 2 years just because of fear for getting something.

Aren't you just validating his point? You yourself said most people who have STIs don't even know it. So who cares?

And honestly, many people IRL (i.e., not GAF lol) don't give a shit, which is why STIs are so common anyway. One of my buds is totally upfront that he has herpes and has never been rejected for sex (to my knowledge).

What if the condom has teeth?

Like this?
HkZVD1K.jpg

SaganIsGOAT

Grow up?...

A friend of mine had gonorrhea for months without realizing. To me it's more scary how many people have something and don't realize because there's no symptoms for many STIs. I used to never hookup with anyone because I was overly terrified, but now I just take my chances with oral. I've tried with condoms but it just doesn't feel the same. I'm aware of the risk so i'll deal with the consequences if it ever gets to that. Before this year I was without any sexual contact for 2 years just because of fear for getting something.

This is why I consider anyone who doesn't get tested regularly if they are with multiple partners to be extremely unsafe and inconsiderate. The "I didn't know" excuse shouldn't fly. If you fool around, get tested. Even if you were safe, get tested. It isn't just about you but the well beings of others.

XenodudeX

Pretty sure Oral sex is only "safe" if:

1.You use a condom

2. Both of you are clean

3. You don't engage in sexual activity whats so ever.

Could be wrong though, didn't have a lot of sex ed when I was growing up.

You can still get HIV or other STDs through oral sex, though the risk is much lower. I would never have sex without a condom on someone I didn't/barely knew, but wouldn't have a problem with oral in the same situation

Nope. 0 documented cases in history of a person getting hiv through oral sex. Not even with bleeding gums. Maybe if your dick is bitten.

Xe4

Banned
You should use a condom with someone who hasn't been tested anyhow, oral sex or no. The HIV rate is ridiculous, and it would be awful to get it over something so silly. I think you came to the right decision, and if the guy really is a nice dude, he'll understand about you wrapping up, and or him getting tested.

Nope. 0 documented cases in history of a person getting hiv through oral sex. Not even with bleeding gums. Maybe if your dick is bitten.

Is there some valid statistics to back this up? Also, people should not be having oral sex with people that have not gotten tested. There are free clinics all over the place and its not worth a serious STD even if HIV is probably not going to happen

Damerman

this is why i'm not promiscuous... I need to go down on a girl during sex... i don't know what it is, i can't help myself... i enjoy it a lot. Sex without it is wack as fuck... i may as well masturbate. I may not have as many sex partners as the next guy, but my partners and i fully enjoyed each other without any worries.

I'm not sure why this is a serious question, but serious answer; You're just as at risk of rmost UTI's as if you were having sex any other way.

Its less optimal to use a condom. Its like not wearing a seatbelt in a parking lot. The risk factor is there but unless you are in some shady parking lot on the wrong side of town where people are doing donuts and drag racing you should be fine.

I'm not sure I could ever let a girl suck it while wearing a condom. Those things stink bad enough, wouldn't want to think about what they taste like.

jerry1594

Oral sex is unsafe period. One little scratch on your manhood could give you AIDS. Or worse yet, it can be bitten off. Bottom line is don't have sex.
Getting a bj with condom? Damn wtf. I would just masturbate with my hand
Not safe either. If your hand is calloused enough+ you have a cut, and boom, you just gave yourself the HIV.

Galang

Banned
Aren't you just validating his point? You yourself said most people who have STIs don't even know it. So who cares?

I'm just saying if someone wants to use a condom for oral it's completely understandable. It may not feel as good, but you can't knock someone for being safe with all that's out there. The fact that most people don't know they have an STI is more reason to wear one. I don't see it as a simple matter of who cares or grow up. It's a personal choice and there's no reason to be condensing to someone that's looking out for themselves.

Is there some valid statistics to back this up? Also, people should not be having oral sex with people that have not gotten tested. There are free clinics all over the place and its not worth a serious STD even if HIV is probably not going to happen

Plenty of them, as early the epidemy itself.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Oral-sex-risk-very-low-but-not-zero-concludes-systematic-review/page/1432786/

Even when the conclusion of the study is to support the idea of using a condom is necessary while having oral sex, if you read the full extent of the report, you will see how most of the studies reported an incidence of zero and that theres a high chance most of the reported cases of hiv through oral sex have more to do with slut shaming-embarrassment.

You can further inform yourself here, too:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40540.0

Xe4

Banned
Plenty of them, as early the epidemy itself.

http://www.aidsmap.com/Oral-sex-risk-very-low-but-not-zero-concludes-systematic-review/page/1432786/

Even when the conclusion of the study is to support the idea of using a condom is necessary while having oral sex, if you read the full extent of the report, you will see how most of the studies reported an incidence of zero and that theres a high chance most of the reported cases of hiv through oral sex have more to do with slut shaming-embarrassment.

You can further inform yourself here, too:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40540.0

I thought you were joking. It doesn't matter if it's low risk, it's still a risk, and yes there's a low chance of HIV, but this is made difficult, because a lot of oral sex is accompanied by other forms of sex. If you don't know the person, don't have oral sex, or wrap it up. It sucks, but you should never encourage people to not practice safe sex.

I'm not alone on this, the CDC, US aids organization (aids.gov) and many other agencies recommend wrapping up for oral, unless your partner knows you are clean. There is enough HIV/aids enough already, don't increase your chances of getting it and spreading it when you don't have to.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/behavior/oralsex.html

C'mon man, don't encourage people to have bad sex practices, even if it is safer.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
if the thought bothers you, get a really good handjob

then go get tested, and have your oral fun the way GOD intended goddanmit. Oral with condom is Unnatural!!!!!

Az987

all good things
Its pretty much safe for you to stick your dick in someone's mouth and not catch a disease. Its not so safe for said person with your dick in their mouth if you have, say, HPV.

I think its similar for women but they might have a higher chance of catching something if they're receiving than men do.

Edit: Not no risk but the risk is a lot less for receiving oral sex then giving.

I'm pretty sure its kind of rare to catch an STD from getting a blow job.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
People in here need to chill with the condom hate. Is it as good without? Nah. But it's still more than serviceable, especially considering the risks involved here...

potam

Banned
People in here need to chill with the condom hate. Is it as good without? Nah. But it's still more than serviceable, especially considering the risks involved here...

I'd honestly rather jerk off than get a bj with a condom. So, I'd say it's less than serviceable

edit: plus what good is it if you can squirt in their mouth?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'd honestly rather jerk off than get a bj with a condom. So, I'd say it's less than serviceable

edit: plus what good is it if you can squirt in their mouth?
People say this shit but I am not buying it.

Woman with condom > Hand with no condom

I'm not even having this debate.

Salsa

the only time I had my dick sucked with a condom I was camping in a tent with this girl from film school and I had been given a chocolate-flavored condom by some guy earlier and I asked her if she wanted to see how it tasted like

it actually got her sucking my dick, so it served it's purpose of giving me that opener and then I removed it after 10 seconds of feeling nothing and I got a proper BJ

red731

what

ed: Are you having oral sex with some random girl or your girlfriend?
ed: I guess I will put stretch follie on my girl's lady parts when I am down on her too.

this is why i'm not promiscuous... I need to go down on a girl during sex... i don't know what it is, i can't help myself... i enjoy it a lot. Sex without it is wack as fuck... i may as well masturbate. I may not have as many sex partners as the next guy, but my partners and i fully enjoyed each other without any worries.

High five, my animal brother you.

I just hope that the same people who are all "omg herpes, fuck that shit" are not the same people who are all "oral sex with condoms? Fuck that!". And that they also get tested specifically for herpes, lol.

Not saying it's in this thread specifically, but I do think society in general has laughably bad knowledge of STI's and how you can get them. And it's always amusing to see people act like herpes is the most terrible thing ever, when literally the majority of sexually active people have it, and the majority of the time you don't have any actual symptoms from it.

But anyhoo, you can still catch things from oral sex, and it's up to you to decide what level of risk you're willing to take when it comes to any kind of sex. Be honest with your partners, keep track of your sexual health, and go from there. Sex should still be fun, after all.

dalin80

Banned
People get oral while they wear condoms?

That is a thing that happens?

What the fuck?

Received oral while donning a rainjacket once, was an utter waste of time with a complete lack of sensation or intimacy. The lack of enjoyment for both of us encouraged us to get tested and make sure we were both healthy and fine to continue as nature intended.

I thought you were joking. It doesn't matter if it's low risk, it's still a risk, and yes there's a low chance of HIV, but this is made difficult, because a lot of oral sex is accompanied by other forms of sex. If you don't know the person, don't have oral sex, or wrap it up. It sucks, but you should never encourage people to not practice safe sex.

I'm not alone on this, the CDC, US aids organization (aids.gov) and many other agencies recommend wrapping up for oral, unless your partner knows you are clean. There is enough HIV/aids enough already, don't increase your chances of getting it and spreading it when you don't have to.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/behavior/oralsex.html

C'mon man, don't encourage people to have bad sex practices, even if it is safer.

There is no scientific consesus on oral sex, and most studies points towards a ZERO chance of getting HIV from it. The CDC is not an authority on the matter, some of their recomendations are ludicrous and based on hypotetical scenarios, not factually reported cases like their warning against "open mouth kissing" with hiv positive people. They are part of the continued institutionalized stigmatization of HIV+ people.

I am not advicing anyone to do anything, just stating scientific facts, HIV should be the least of your worries while having oral sex. Of course, this doesnt apply to the other STDs floating around so yeah, safe sex yay.

Exr

When I was young I bought banana flavoured condoms. I was like "yeah bananas are delicious" as if I was gonna sit down and eat a bowl of these things. When I was about to get a beejo she told me to put the condom on. "Why?"
"Well you got flavoured ones right?"
Never felt like such a rube

BamfMeat

I don't get this. So what? People go years (and sometimes forever) without symptoms.

Anyway, STDs really aren't that scary. The only one that scares me (besides HIV obviously) is HPV, which no one ever talks about because no one has any idea what it is (and tests for men don't exist). Though rare, it can cause oral cancer.

You're far more likely to contract genital herpes if a girl with oral herpes goes down on you than you are to contract oral herpes from a girl with genital herpes.

Yes they do. They stick a q-tip on the inside of your dick. It's like sounding only scratchier.

tauroxd

Oral sex with a condom, I was going to say what? but I remembered that 6 months ago a girl started to give a bj when I still had my condom on and she had no problem, but I found it weird, took the condom off and she continued... So I guess it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom