• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is There Any Fanservice In Western Games For Straight Men Anymore?

600+ replies...and somehow this is one of the worst ones in the thread... contribute something worth discussing perhaps?
Ohh..ma..gawd...600 replies an counting..

Why is there always so many cry baby girlieman like my dude Arnold once said..so many sensitive...nm.

Ulysses 31

Why is there always so many cry baby girlieman like my dude Arnold once said..so many sensitive...nm.
4ee.gif

Because of feminism, obviously. Nothing creates a girlieman faster than social pressure to deny manly urges and become feminism’s new gay best friend.

Real men like titties. Feminism hates real men. Feminism also hates titties. Therefore, real men hate feminism. Feminism says it is pro-women. It harasses women with different points of view. It actively hates womanly bodies and traditional feminine gender roles. Feminism doesn’t stick up for women in trouble or trapped in misogynist religions/societies. Most women hate feminism because feminism hates most women. Only feminists left are social media warlords, using dogma and oppression to push their increasingly absurd beliefs on others, and their emasculated girlieman slaves. Too few people have realized this so far.

Demanding more titties in a fight against social media warlord oppression is the manliest thing you can do.

Closer

Because of feminism, obviously. Nothing creates a girlieman faster than social pressure to deny manly urges and become feminism’s new gay best friend.

Real men like titties. Feminism hates real men. Feminism also hates titties. Therefore, real men hate feminism. Feminism says it is pro-women. It harasses women with different points of view. It actively hates womanly bodies and traditional feminine gender roles. Feminism doesn’t stick up for women in trouble or trapped in misogynist religions/societies. Most women hate feminism because feminism hates most women. Only feminists left are social media warlords, using dogma and oppression to push their increasingly absurd beliefs on others, and their emasculated girlieman slaves. Too few people have realized this so far.

Demanding more titties in a fight against social media warlord oppression is the manliest thing you can do.

That's a lovely I don't know what I'm talking about you have going there, mate.

Edit: Wait, is that sarcasm? Because I think it is, reading again for the 5th time.

Last edited:
Please sir, teach me your ways and I will walk in your truth.
Hmm. You are not ready yet, young grasshopper. In time, you will see. Before you lies a road, and before that road lies a duty. A duty to man, to god, and to one's self. To create strife and discord, one must first remove strife and discord from their own heart. Find your center, find your peace. Save the cheerleader, save the world. The road will be long and you will find few allies upon it, but persevere. One day, you too can become a master baiter.

Just remember, with great shitposting comes great irresponsibility.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I would argue that "real men" don't care for tits one way or the other. Real Men just want to enjoy what they enjoy and let others do the same, without forcing their views on others, removing things that they personally dislike, and attacking others for having a different opinion. Something these Feminists hate, because they know "real men" are better people than they are, and that is an endless source of frustration for them.

Isn't it super weird that forum demonizes any sort of sexualization of characters created in the West, but that place FUCKING LOOOVES ANIME TIDDYS or whenever a Japanese company sexualizes their characters (often to such an extreme degree too)...

Like, they get a pass because it wasn't made by straight white men?
COTY right here boys.

Athena~

Banned
An outfit that is just his underwear, so the western devs of this game dont have anything against sexy outfits so they gave their female gamers a fanservice outfit.

Umm I found that “fan service” creepy af. Especially web slinging around the city with the mask on but shirtless and pantless.

I have not followed the comic closely enough but has he dressed like that moving around the city canonically?

Umm I found that “fan service” creepy af. Especially web slinging around the city with the mask on but shirtless and pantless.

I have not followed the comic closely enough but has he dressed like that moving around the city canonically?

Yeah i don't think Spidey wore this outfit in the comics, i think its normal that you found this outfit creepy because it was made for the SJWs to enjoy and not for normal people, because SJWs love sick and creepy stuff. just look at the last few pages we have one admitting that he enjoys looking at other men's dicks in public restrooms without them knowing, sick people.

There was a part in the comics where he only had his mask and made a diaper out of webbing - I forgot the context of it, but it was meant to be humorous, embarrassing him in front of the other super heroes. He was quite distraught because the webbing takes a few hours to dissolve and he had to use the bathroom.

Athena~

Banned
just look at the last few pages we have one admitting that he enjoys looking at other men's dicks in public restrooms without them knowing

Haha no way. For real?

There was a part in the comics where he only had his mask and made a diaper out of webbing - I forgot the context of it, but it was meant to be humorous, embarrassing him in front of the other super heroes. He was quite distraught because the webbing takes a few hours to dissolve and he had to use the bathroom.

The webbing diaper is what they should put in the game just for laughs, not the normal underwear for the “sex appeal”, IMO.

Dacon

Banned
Peter has found himself pretty much naked except for his mask in several situations in the comics. Also, the dude already is swinging around completely exposed as it is, his costume is skin tight and you can see his every outline.

So a female artist got harassed and called transphopic by an Insomniac dev because she pointed out that Lady from Devil May Cry 5 looked masculine and that her jaw was wider and she wanted it to be more sexier.

The harassment continued for two days between December 29th, 2018 and December 30th, Eventually Layna became tired of the harassment, which she claims began to invade her DMs, and issued a publicly statement about the incident on December 31st, 2018.

Read more here

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/...like-ladys-design-from-devil-may-cry-5/74445/

SirTerry-T

Her face is fine. Her body was made that way because Japan but she's more of a slenderwoman shaped witch if anything.

No, her body was made that way because the character designer took her inspiration from sketches and proportions used in classic fashion design...

landscape_nrm_1423440554-elle-fashion-sketch-comp.jpg

It really does seem that way, OP. We have reached a point where:
  • Fictional female characters with prominent curves are "called out" as "problematic".
    • The problem is that they "pander to the male gaze".
    • In other terms, anything that a straight male can get some positive reaction, ranging from mild approval to sexual attraction even as a wish fullfillment fantasy, is a problem.
    • Its existence is a problem that needs to go.
  • Fictional fan service devalues real women's forms. It might sound a ridiculous concept at first that some activist girls who do zero self-improvement are scared of 2D competition, but you have:
    • The anime hair dye fad
    • Complaints by resetera regulars about games setting "unrealistic beauty standards" or enforcing "traditional standards of beauty" whenever the game characters doesn't have enough fat, masculine traits, or her face is "too beautiful" (no body diversity is the code word for this)
    • Complaints about female characters behaving in ways that are culturally foreign, or devaluing "women" (hence why one of Bayonetta's "only redeeming values" from a "feminist" perspective is how she tortures and castrates masculine characters left and right, and doesn't as such "cheapen" the female form's value and present even a fictional eyecandy with no conditions or strings attached. In fact Eurogamer is especially eager to cover fanservice games like Illusion's VR simulators typically to write articles offended about the lack of restrictions on it, how much freedom the player has, or how "hollow" it is for not guiding that experience to the only allowable way to experience and write fictional characters who happen to be female.)
    • Conflating fiction with real, hence why every "misstep" by game designers is a disrespect to women (real, implied),
  • Then there are those who genuinely think straight people can be awakened through media they consume (remember, media brainwashes you to be all sorts of things) to a different sexual orientation. This happened in the neogaf 2014 Tomodachi Collection controversy threads, and still bewilders me to this day. The horseshoe theory is real.

Last edited:
Nothing creates a girlieman faster than social pressure to deny manly urges and become feminism’s new gay best friend.

Real men like titties. Feminism hates real men. Feminism also hates titties. Therefore, real men hate feminism..

This is accepted level of discourse on NeoGAF now? Interesting.

bigedole

This is accepted level of discourse on NeoGAF now? Interesting.

How dare someone post something satirical directly mocking a point of view most people on this board would disagree with! I demand more "YIKES!" and "Not a good look.." drivebys followed up by some not-posted-in-good-faith bannings so that we may truly reach the acceptable level of discourse allowed on the internet!

CD Project Red has you covered.

So far at least. They are still putting out AAA games that make no attempt at being PC.

Their games, especially the upcoming CyberPunk, are actually going to reflect rea life pretty well.

The society building in that game is definitely not going to be PC. Weakness like that would just get you killed in that fantasy world.

MayauMiao

To be fair it was a pretty bad game though

Heard it was good but to me that's is just not enough.

Taking away her attitude, guns, short shorts, is like Dead or Alive without the jiggle.

Now Lara is just another generic character that made the game feel less eye pleasing.

I just saw the new Mortal Kombat 11 trailers and as expicted from the western devs they covered all the women from head to toe and also gave them the ME: Andromeda treatment.

pDMGjSH.jpg

S6kGjb2.jpg

qkpBWPM.jpg

What about the guys you say? half naked of course!

UFaGfZZ.jpg

Im a Muslim from UAE and even i think that you westerners are taking this "cover the sinful body of women" a bit too far.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I just saw the new Mortal Kombat 11 trailers and as expicted from the western devs they covered all the women from head to toe and also gave them the ME: Andromeda treatment.

pDMGjSH.jpg

S6kGjb2.jpg

qkpBWPM.jpg

What about the guys you say? half naked of course!

UFaGfZZ.jpg

Im a Muslim from UAE and even i think that you westerners are taking this "cover the sinful body of women" a bit too far.
No lie, when I scrolled down and saw the first image I thought it was a parody using children's toys as props.

This looks like crap.

Nymphae

Banned
Surely they'll have some scantly clad women in the roster, no? Sonya is grotesque and the full body suits are getting ridiculous. I was actually pretty excited to get back into an MK game, but I don't really want to support this.

CatCouch

I guess I'll reserve judgment until I see more. I really don't like what I see here, too many western games are adopting the same realistic but kind of bland art style. I can't tell them apart.

I did worry that Injustice 2 was going to look terrible and it ended up being quite impressive in the end so I'll check this out agian at launch. I hope it doesn't end up being laughable with all the women being covered up and the men being shirtless but MKX was alright if a bit disappointing in the costume department.

Dacon

Banned
I just wanna know why Sonya's head is so fucking big. Yeah her weird lumpy face isnt great but holy shit her proportions look jacked up lol. Huge head, super thin body.

Paracelsus

Helps their cause because nobody is gonna hold back fatalities. Harder to pull off if it looked like DoA.

I just wanna know why Sonya's head is so fucking big. Yeah her weird lumpy face isnt great but holy shit her proportions look jacked up lol. Huge head, super thin body.

She's 51, at that age men are well in their physical decline, and women have practically no muscle.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Helps their cause because nobody is gonna hold back fatalities. Harder to pull off if it looked like DoA.

She's 51, at that age men are well in their physical decline, and women have practically no muscle.

Huh. You know for a second I thought this was a fantasy fighting game with extreme character designs meant to shock and/or titilate. I'm glad they are going the realism route, MK needed more geriatric fighters with no sex appeal whatsoever.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I won't lie - I really fucking love that new costume. Looks cool as hell. I just hope there is an alt-costume of her original design for fans of her.

I really hope this is just Neverrealm playing it safe with the initial information shown because they know the vocal minority can be so vicious, and as you said costumes that look close to the original are in there as alternates for fans of the franchise.

Otherwise, this is just silly. Then again, it doesn't explain the squarish faces on all the females.

Last edited:

CatCouch

I think Skarlet looks pretty nice, actually. I do miss the sexy revealing outfit, though. She was my main in 9.

Reading Twitter hurt my head. Anyone saying they liked her old MK9 outfit is getting screamed into the ground with accusations of being "incels" and such. How sad is it that liking skin is offensive enough to justify bullying but ripping people to pieces in the most violent way imaginable is fine. I just don't understand how this is such a widespread view, lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think Skarlet looks pretty nice, actually. I do miss the sexy revealing outfit, though. She was my main in 9.

Reading Twitter hurt my head. Anyone saying they liked her old MK9 outfit is getting screamed into the ground with accusations of being "incels" and such. How sad is it that liking skin is offensive enough to justify bullying but ripping people to pieces in the most violent way imaginable is fine. I just don't understand how this is such a widespread view, lol.

Rip a spine out through an asshole, A-OK, want to eat someone's asshole as a straight male, the horror!

Top Bottom