• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any way to get rid of an embarrassing fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

You guys need to read some Everyday Monster Girl. It's the gentleman's fetish

WpaZ3qt.gif

Monster girls are so good.

That and armpits. I'm an armpits guy

Who

Banned
Man. I thought older women seducing young lesbians was a weird fetish for me...

These other fetishes doe.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If you read the OP, you would've seen him explicitly state this is not about body weight, his fetish has nothing to do with fat girls.

Nah, he's right, the Sailor Moon is something that'd fit. I mean, like if I see a fat girl in real life, that doesn't turn me on, because in real life it's icky. And a realistic drawing of a fat girl, you know, with like folds and bed-ridden, that's weird.

But this picture, as you can see, is "unrealistic". She's fat, but she's mobile, evenly distributed in a way that her feminine aspects are still focused on, and, like I said, it's a normally skinny girl who's now fat. That's sort of the "turn-on". She's really fat, but she's still feminine, and not sickly looking. That's why it's not really a fetish that can become reality, because in reality I know that extreme weight-gain is unhealthy, and unpleasant looking.

As a kid, I remember three specific moments where I realized that this kind of thing had a weird effect on me.

1. Sonic. There was some episode where Tails became a giant, and it made me feel extremely weird. I actually started to cry, and lied to my mom about falling and getting hurt. I was like 4, so this was the earliest occurrence.

2. King Sized Canary. This seems to be a common trigger for it I've seen people mention, this and all the weird inflation stuff in old Looney Toons and such. I always hated those cartoons because I'd feel weird.

3. Willy Wonka. The blueberry scene. This seems to be the big scene that caused this in a lot of people.

Of course, nowadays stuff like that really doesn't do it, like I'm not into it when it's animals or anything like that. It's only humans, and maybe some slight weirdness like fox ears, or humanoid aliens or something. But as a kid I hated when shows would randomly include weight-gain or inflation because I'd feel deep shame and embarrassment.

You have to teach yourself a new fetish until it overrides your old one. what's the opposite of expansion/whatever this is? Find it, and learn to get off to it.

If you need further psychological fetish counseling, I'm always here.

Watch Da Birdie

You have to teach yourself a new fetish until it overrides your old one. what's the opposite of expansion/whatever this is? Find it, and learn to get off to it.

If you need further psychological fetish counseling, I'm always here.

Shrinking, super-skinny girls, and deflation...

Which actually sounds way creepier to me.

PhineBuyM3

Just accept it OP, I'd be embarrassed to talk about mine with friends, but when I'm alone shit gets real on my monitor.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So let me summarize, because I feel like a lot of people are confused, maybe even including myself (correct me if I'm wrong)

First of all, it's not gender specific.

Second, it's not something you like in "live action" - ie, it has to be animated.

Third, it's not about large people per say, but more about body "morphing" - where a regular looking animated person (probably someone you would be attracted to in real life) has something happen that drastically changes their body, generally in a way where they grow fatter/larger.

This person has to enjoy it, and ideally seem empowered by it.

You think it might be the result of your own hangups about weight and size.

That seem right?

DarkKyo

Fetishes are weird. Is there some kind of evolutionary purpose to the concept or is it just another unintended byproduct of a complex brain?

Fetishes are weird. Is there some kind of evolutionary purpose to the concept or is it just another unintended byproduct of a complex brain?
It may just be a pop culture say BS enough times and people take it as fact but apparently the part of the brain concerned with the foot overlaps the part associated with the sexual organs and due to signals passing through leads to them being activated (this is why foot fetish is apparently common).

It seems like the kind of the thing that could testable in MRI scanners and the like but the selection for such studies probably makes it difficult to conclude anything.

As for byproducts vs. evolution. Evolution is a good filter but plenty of crap makes it through like allergic reactions, namely the anaphylactic shock.

I don't understand the need to get rid of it, and I'm not sure how it could be embarrassing unless you're sharing it with everyone you meet.

Watch Da Birdie

So let me summarize, because I feel like a lot of people are confused, maybe even including myself (correct me if I'm wrong)

First of all, it's not gender specific.

Mainly girls. But...you know, sometimes something with a guy will work.

Second, it's not something you like in "live action" - ie, it has to be animated.

Well, it's harder to do in a way that's not weird looking in "live action". But like, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman works. Basically I don't like when it's those pictures where a woman is inserted in a city like she's a giant, or one of those photo-edits where the belly is photoshopped to be larger. Basically it's animated because that way it doesn't look off-putting, and I don't have to worry, in the case of a "feeder", a real life person being hurt for a fetish.

Third, it's not about large people per say, but more about body "morphing" - where a regular looking animated person (probably someone you would be attracted to in real life) has something happen that drastically changes their body, generally in a way where they grow fatter/larger.

Yeah. Normally a sequence showing it is better, but even a single-pic will work if I can imagine it happening.

This person has to enjoy it, and ideally seem empowered by it.

Somewhat. Like, if the person is slightly embarrassed, that's alright because usually they're sort of in a "I don't know my own strength" situation, it's cool. But I wouldn't really like, say, someone strapped up and force-fed usually, especially if it's a guy doing it to a girl because that strikes me as misogynistic.

You think it might be the result of your own hangups about weight and size.

Yes. I'm really skinny, and would hate to be fat, and in real life, I want an in-shape partner.

That seem right?

I feel a bit weird being so open about it...

Casanova

I have a hairy belly fetish, an oral fetish, and a dad-son fetish, and I embrace it. I'm gay, and I love me some bears and cubs. I give belly rubs and everything. Fortunately, I am a cub, and I'm blessed with a furry chubby-ish belly to match, and a lot of bears and cubs also like that look and find oral very appealing, so I got lucky, basicaly. I don't have daddy issues, before any of you ask... and I take the role of either, depending on the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom