• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the chillest video game track ever?

TheOGB

Banned
From the same franchise

I can just sit in the character creation forever to this shit
mah-nigga-gif.gif

Edit: That Catherine song is good too.
Came to post that, and then the response. Good lookin out, gentlemen.

Instead, I'll bring something a bit different... These two are from a fangame, but they definitely deserve a mention for being chill as fuck.

Sonic: After the Sequel - Stellar Lights
Sonic: After the Sequel - Freefall
both songs by Funk Fiction

NJShadow

There is a LOT of awesome, chill Ecco music, but I think 'Ice Zone' takes the cake. Even the sharks in the level are chill to the max, they won't even attack you. Plus, doesn't the ice in this level make it an automatic winner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxt1Jlokul8

This level is just an expression of beauty. It leaves me speechless every time I play it.

Synth

"We have heard sound of terrible creatures in the sea. We fear the presence of the Vortex kind."

Man, that was one of the first times as a kid where I played a game, and the music and narration took complete control. I almost didn't want to delve any deeper after that, because I didn't want to run into whatever was down there, lol.

Yup, at the time I had no idea what I was buying. One of the best gaming surprises ever for me.

subwilde

Oh and the San Andreas theme.
Chillest of the chill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VTq0sa9yg

I'm enjoying a beer bumping these tunes and occasionally refreshing the thread...goddamn we have a winner.

Here's my contribution:

Deep Cover - Sun Araw - Hotline Miami

I always thought Xenoblade - Colony 9 / Night was very relaxing. Also, the much revered:

Need for Speed 4 - Callista

^I remember when my brother and I used to listen to this song on the Playstation by turning up the TV as loud as it would go. And...

Awesome Callista remix

Wow at the remix!! Did you send that to your brother?

Shogun1337

FFXI's soundtrack is amazing. I'd zone into Sea and leave my character standing on the ramp to Hux'Zoi (sp?) just to listen to the tune in the background whlle I worked.

My favorite track is Rolanberry Fields.

I think Rolanberry Fields is the only FFXI song I'm completely BURNT OUT from haha. My god, it's such a classic, but I must've heard it literally 10,000 times. Going afk in the area and doing stupid stuff around.

So nostalgic listening to it right now... and what angers me about this sort of music is that it'll never get the recognition it deserves.

Top Bottom