• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the dumbest article in the history of the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stet

Banned
I don't get it. Could somebody explaine to me what's going on?

Buzzfeed is no longer satisfied with just creating pointless clickbait articles, so now they're attempting to satirize their own pointless clickbait articles in an attempt to compete with actual sites that satirize their pointless clickbait articles because Buzzfeed literally does not have any idea what their value to society is besides providing advertising a place to exist.

Damaniel

Banned
Buzzfeed is no longer satisfied with just creating pointless clickbait articles, so now they're attempting to satirize their own pointless clickbait articles in an attempt to compete with actual sites that satirize their pointless clickbait articles because Buzzfeed literally does not have any idea what their value to society is besides providing advertising a place to exist.

Clickhole already has a monopoly on the 'satirizing clickbait' market. Buzzfeed should leave the humor to the masters and get back to producing traditional, 'vanilla' clickbait (that Clickhole can then satirize - it's the circle of life!)

Imagine the writers life for a second. Probably spent 4 years and 100k getting a journalism degree only to be writing articles about words she just made up on the spot..

Enco

Every time I see a BuzzFeed article or X things that X list I scroll past without hesitation.

There are way too many shitty list articles.

Every single one is dumb. No exception.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I'm loling so hard going through this list. So incredibly dumb. What the fuck how does this article exist.

If you're actually laughing then the article was definitely intended for you.

I don't think that's good news, Jim.

Badosh

Was this like a "I have something due in 4 hours and i'm super high right now, so fuck it, here it goes," type of article?

I can just imagine the writer taking this to the Buzzfeed CEO and him doing this.

thats-good.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
One of the article links on the side is misspelled as well ('warn' instead of 'warm'), don't know if that's an accident or some great synergy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine the writers life for a second. Probably spent 4 years and 100k getting a journalism degree only to be writing articles about words she just made up on the spot..

Now imagine that same person doing a relatively brilliant investigative journalism piece that gets read by 100 people while this article gets an audience of a thousand times that size.

Know what?

At first I thought to myself "no I don't think he has found the dumbest article on the Internet...but let me take a look."

And then I read it.

Ohh my God it may be... it really may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Life imitating art imitating life?

ScribbleD

When I saw the article title I thought it was going to just be some silly pedantic article about food names that are misnomers or something. No way could something like that be the dumbest article on the internet, right?

I gave Buzzfeed too much credit. Yes, this is the dumbest article on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom