• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Warner Montreal (Arkham Origins) making a Suicide Squad (supervillain team) game?

Magwik

Banned
A Suicide Squad game would be awesome. Also the next episode of Arrow is also focused around the Suicide Squad. Seriously, if you haven't yet, watch Arrow. Do it.
i7n1cErNfGyBo.gif

Chariot

I wouldn't exactly call Suicide Squad a supervillain squad

Super villain would have to be villains that are actually relevant
Dude, Deadshot and Deathstroke are by no means not relevant. And most of the others had names for themselves. The Suicide Squad don't take just anyone.

Omega

Banned
Dude, Deadshot and Deathstroke are by no means not relevant. And most of the others had names for themselves. The Suicide Squad don't take just anyone.

Deathstroke isn't part of Suicide Squad.

Edit - Oh, Arkham Origins. I guess. Might as well capitalize on that Arrow hype

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, I'm hoping like hell this is what they're working on. Playable Deathstroke in an open world environment with Arkham Knight's visual fidelity? Give it to me.

Chariot

Deathstroke isn't part of Suicide Squad.

Edit - Oh, Arkham Origins. I guess. Might as well capitalize on that Arrow hype
He might as well. He fits very good.
A dangerous criminal with enough skill to fight multiple heroes at once, but with the discipline of an soldier. You give him a mission, he does it. No questions, no insanity.

Penguin

Yeah thought it would just be DLC for Origins, but since it never touched that has to be a new game.

Wonder if co-op at all.

Omega

Banned
He might as well. He fits very good.
A dangerous criminal with enough skill to fight multiple heroes at once, but with the discipline of an soldier. You give him a mission, he does it. No questions, no insanity.

Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be.

Shit, I bought Injustice because of the Deathstroke Arrow hype. I'd definitely buy this during a steam sale.

ZeroX03

Banned
Deathstroke's not traditional Suicide Squad but it makes sense. Given that the target audience probably grew up on the Teen Titans cartoon and he's currently chewing he scenery on Arrow, he's pretty recognizable. Similar reasoning for Harley's inclusion too. They also get to up the violence considerably, I'm guessing third person shooting will be included.

Deadshot is a beast but both Arrow and the Arkham games have done a poor job with him. I'd rather they sideline him than do a shitty job.

PS. WB Montreal needs to hire better people, and WB needs to give them better resources and time for QA/testing.

Messi

Deathstroke's not traditional Suicide Squad but it makes sense. Given that the target audience probably grew up on the Teen Titans cartoon and he's currently chewing he scenery on Arrow, he's pretty recognizable. Similar reasoning for Harley's inclusion too. They also get to up the violence considerably, I'm guessing third person shooting will be included.

Deadshot is a beast but both Arrow and the Arkham games have done a poor job with him. I'd rather they sideline him than do a shitty job.

PS. WB Montreal needs to hire better people, and WB needs to give them better resources and time for QA/testing.

I think Arrow is doing a great job with Slade

Edit : ah you said deadshot my bad. Yeah they fucked him up

Chariot

I think Arrow is doing a great job with Slade

Edit : ah you said deadshot my bad. Yeah they fucked him up
Arrow failed to show his soft side, the reason he is a mercenary in the first placw. In the conics Floyd is killing people to get money for his wife and daughter who he left because of his dangerous work. He visits them only a few times.

For that matter: give me Secret Six back, DC!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
As long as they change the name to something less cringeworthy than "Suicide Squad" I'll maybe take a look. After the abysmal job on Batman: Origins, and the refusal to fix remaining issues, I'll wait and see how the game turns out before getting hyped.

Wiktor

I would love for WB Montreal to take Arkham template and use it as groundwork for other IP. Be it Green Arrow or Suicide Squad.

Drayco21

Arrow failed to show his soft side, the reason he is a mercenary in the first placw. In the conics Floyd is killing people to get money for his wife and daughter who he left because of his dangerous work. He visits them only a few times.

It looks like they're working on fixing that- if you pay attention during that three minute trailer they put out and next week's promo, Floyd' got a bunch of pictures of his daughter making up a wall in his cell, and it seems like Diggle-Deadshot interactions will be a big part of the episode, hopefully letting them delve into his character a bit more than they have.

Deadshot really would deserve to be the lead in a Suicide Squad game, but he's been pretty shit in the Arkhamverse so far, so I doubt he'll be more than an NPC guest. Maybe they'll at least give him a costume that doesn't suck.

Deathstroke in Origins was a total bawse so I'm happy to play as the guy. I'm assuming it'll play similar to the Arkham games. I just hope it feels distinct enough.

Playable Deathstroke pls

DS will almost certainly be the main dude. I mean unless fucking Captain Boomerang wants to take the spotlight or something.

ZeroX03

Banned
It looks like they're working on fixing that- if you pay attention during that three minute trailer they put out and next week's promo, Floyd' got a bunch of pictures of his daughter making up a wall in his cell, and it seems like Diggle-Deadshot interactions will be a big part of the episode, hopefully letting them delve into his character a bit more than they have.

Deadshot really would deserve to be the lead in a Suicide Squad game, but he's been pretty shit in the Arkhamverse so far, so I doubt he'll be more than an NPC guest. Maybe they'll at least give him a costume that doesn't suck.

I like Deadshot best when they delve into his psychology. His idolization of male role models (his brother, Rick Flag), an obsessive nature which makes something like sharpshooting a natural fit and apathy toward death. Arrow and Arkham both pretty much just treat him as a generic villain with good aim.

They'll do Deathstroke well though. Manu Bennett voice plz.

Chariot

I want Deadshot to be like an Borderlands 2 charakter, with somekind of autoaim (he is the worlds best shooter after all) and piering and ricocheting bullets for the ultimate bullet hell.

ZeroX03

Banned
Deadshot would not easily translate into a playable char for Arkham. We'll see.

They can deviate from Arkham gameplay (a little). It's the Suicide Squad, some shooting and killing is kind of implied. Still don't expect him to be a main character or treated properly though.

Just realized that Deathstroke could have some some really brutal takedowns. Why is all his shit in AO non-lethal (except the bullet takedown)? He's got a god damn sword.

EDIT: Doing some challenge maps in Origins now Deathstroke... he seems like such a little bitch. Silly Robin-semi-clone.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I want Deadshot to be like an Borderlands 2 charakter, with somekind of autoaim (he is the worlds best shooter after all) and piering and ricocheting bullets for the ultimate bullet hell.

Well if it plays like Arkham I would kind of assume he doesn't actually aim a gun in the regular sense.

That said maybe it doesn't play like Arkham.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Snapped a shot of what I was talking about.

suidpkfs.jpg

Jintor

I hope there's a mission to blow up the JLU watchtower.

fantastic episode of JLU

well, there won't be probably since the arkham origins universe seems to be... more... 'realistic', for a lack of a better word

Chariot

I hope there's a mission to blow up the JLU watchtower.

fantastic episode of JLU

well, there won't be probably since the arkham origins universe seems to be... more... 'realistic', for a lack of a better word
Noz really. Solomon Grundy, Lazarus Pit and Azrael are supernatural even if you exclude Clayface.

ZeroX03

Banned
More proof to throw on the fire, the Harley cameo in Arrow was voiced by Tara Strong (her City/Origins VA).

YuzZYwO.jpg

(Ty Arrow off topic thread)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Captain boomerang was mentioned by a prisoner in arkham origins, but he didnt really make an appearance in any game and in the arrow so far

TimmiT

So the new direct-to-dvd Batman movie: Assault on Arkham which is canon to the games is pretty much a Suicide Squad movie. Spoilers below, which could have hints towards the cast of the Suicide Squad game if one happens. Though considering how different some of the designs are, I'm not entirely sure if it's canon. In the movie it's apparently not the first time the Suicide Squad is called into action, with Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang having already been a part of it and Black Spider, King Shark, Killer Frost and KGBeast being new to the team. Spoilers for the movie are below, I don't recommend reading them if you haven't watched the movie yet as it's actually pretty good:

By the end of the movie Black Spider, King Shark and KGBeast all have their heads blown off. Amanda Waller is also seemingly killed by Deadshot at the end of the movie, though it happens off-screen. I'd say that if a game is made, it's likely that it'd take place before this movie with Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang potentially being a part of it.

Confused as to where AoA would take place in continuity.
Harley seemed to be unfamilair with the suicide squad but if she had a dossier about it in Akrham Orignis, that's a bit odd. Joker is alive, and he died in Arkham City. There was no Deathstroke or Bronze Tiger on the team either.

sjay1994

Well it seems likely

WB recently put out Batman:Assault on Arkham, which is essentially a suicide squad movie more than a batman one.
maxresdefault.jpg

Not to mention Harley Quinn is pre order dlc for AK

Confused as to where AoA would take place in continuity.
Harley seemed to be unfamilair with the suicide squad but if she had a dossier about it in Akrham Orignis, that's a bit odd. Joker is alive, and he died in Arkham City. There was no Deathstroke or Bronze Tiger on the team either.

It's definitely post-Origins, pre-Asylum.
Contrary to what you said, I'm pretty sure Harley says something like "This again?" when she wakes up after being drugged, so it seemed like she was familiar with the SS. As for Deathstroke and Bronze Tiger, just because they're in the SS doesn't mean that they're on this particular mission. In the film, Waller actually sent the SS to retrieve a list of the entire SS roster/potential roster from the Riddler.

Also, AoA kind of sucks, but I'd be really interested in a SS game, especially if the movie isn't canon. If it is canon, however, I'm looking forward to the explanation for Waller's incredible weight gain.

Top Bottom