• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Sex Slave: Yazidi Woman, 17, Describes Horrific Ordeal At Hands Of Islamic State

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/08/yazidi-sex-slave-islamic-state-isis_n_5782714.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

A teenager taken captive by ISIS has described being forced into sexual slavery by the Islamist terrorists along with 40 other women, some as young as 12.

Islamic State fighters are killing and enslaving members of Iraq's ancient religious minorities, including Assyrian Christians and the Yazidis.

The 17-year-old Yazidi, who is still in captivity, said her torturers were "people without a heart" who "do not even spare the women with small children".

She claimed the women in her group of captives - all Yazidis - were being sexually abused on a daily basis, while being held in a building with barred windows and guarded by armed men.

"I beg you not to publish my name because I'm so ashamed of what they are doing to me," she told Italy's La Repubblica newspaper in an exclusive report.

"There's a part of me that just wants to die. But there is another part of me that still hopes that I will be saved and that I will be able to embrace my parents once again."

The paper was given a mobile number for the girl by her parents, who are in a refugee camp in Iraqi Kurdistan.

The distraught teenager added: "To hurt us even more, they told us to describe in detail to our parents what they are doing. They laugh at us because they think they are invincible.

"They consider themselves are supermen. But they are people without a heart. Our torturers do not even spare the women who have small children with them.

"Nor do they spare the girls - some of our group are not even 13 years old. Some of them will no longer say a word."

The girl was captured by ISIS in August as they attacked the town of Sinjar, forcing many Yazidi families to flee into the adjacent mountain range and face starvation and death by dehydration rather capture or execution by the fanatics.

Though most of those there ultimately escaped, many were captured by the group, which has been accused of committing ethnic cleansing in Iraq on a historic scale.

ISIS has also been forcibly converting Yazidis, whose faith dates back 4,000 years, to Islam.

The girl, whom the paper gave the pseudonym Mayat, said she wished she was dead.

"They treat us as if we are their slaves. The men hit us and threaten us when we try to resist. Often I wish that they would beat me so severely that I would die," she said.

"If one day this torture ever ends, my life will always be marked by what I have suffered in these weeks. Even if I survive, I don't know how I'm going to cancel from my mind this horror.

"We've asked our jailers to shoot us dead, to kill us, but we are too valuable for them.

"They keep telling us that we are unbelievers because we are non-Muslims and that we are their property, like war booty. They say we are like goats bought at a market."

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't knew worms could have religions. Tho I guess even worms have more value than these sickos.

ramuh

How can they even say with a straight face that this is was Islam is all about? How? Just pure brutality and pieces of shit, everyone and everyone that supports ISIS.

"Often I wish that they would beat me so severely that I would die," she said.

"If one day this torture ever ends, my life will always be marked by what I have suffered in these weeks. Even if I survive, I don't know how I'm going to cancel from my mind this horror.

"We've asked our jailers to shoot us dead, to kill us, but we are too valuable for them.

I...just...overwhelmed. She and others are heroes for speaking up about this.

"They treat us as if we are their slaves. The men hit us and threaten us when we try to resist. Often I wish that they would beat me so severely that I would die," she said.

This just broke me down... ;___________________;

Horrible :( What a brave girl to have spoken out about her ordeal, even as she is struggling with the traumatizing aftermath

ISIS is definitely not Islam and is definitely doing the religion a huge disservice :<

I hope she will find support and love in her future cuz it sounds like she's already struggling with the internalization of how the rest of her life has been besmirched and how she won't be any good for anything / anyone. That's a harrowing path.

I hope for all the other ISIS survivors to also get all the help and support and better life that they deserve, too

Jacob

Horrifying. :( Words on a forum can't do it justice. I hope they can be rescued. The women who agreed to be interviewed are very brave, though I'm also curious how a foreign reporter managed to interview one, unless IS wants this to ge tout.

Frog-fu

Banned
Absolutely revolting.

What a brave young woman though. I hope she can find some peace soon.

ISIS needs to be stopped. They need to be wiped out, all of them.

Christine

Horrifying. :( Words on a forum can't do it justice. I hope they can be rescued. The women who agreed to be interviewed are very brave, though I'm also curious how a foreign reporter managed to interview one, unless IS wants this to ge tout.

The reason seems horrifying beyond measure, actually:

The paper was given a mobile number for the girl by her parents, who are in a refugee camp in Iraqi Kurdistan.

The distraught teenager added: "To hurt us even more, they told us to describe in detail to our parents what they are doing. They laugh at us because they think they are invincible.

I think it should be clear now this is not a religious movement. This is a movement of thugs and scumbags who just want to rape and pillage without abandon.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I think it should be clear now this is not a religious movement. This is a movement of thugs and scumbags who just want to rape and pillage without abandon.
It's definitely also a religious movement. Their particular interpretation of Islam is just enormously fucked up

They simply do not give a fuck.

Baki

It's definitely also a religious movement. Their particular interpretation of Islam is just enormously fucked up

They can burn in hell. Ducking animal pieces of shit. Someone needs to drop a couple of air strikes on these bastards.

nitewulf

they are gangsters, plain and simple, they are just thugs and gangsters. psychos who get a kick out of violence and brutality.

benzy

I'm pretty ignorant towards this so, what does the Islamic religion say about rape? Surely it's not that different from the Christianity in regards to that...

otapnam

I'm pretty ignorant towards this so, what does the Islamic religion say about rape? Surely it's not that different from the Christianity in regards to that...

Whatever they "believe" is a perversion of the original religion. Weak minded people buying into this movement. It's ridiculous.

Duji

This is absolutely sickening.

And to those saying "this is unislamic" or "they aren't real Muslims":

Is ISIS behaving in a way consistent with most practicing Muslims today? No, of course not.

Does Islam encourage the freeing of slaves? Yes.

Is the practice of slavery absolutely prohibited in the religion of Islam? Nope.

There was a thread on this some years ago. I encourage others to read it. Needless to say, there are references in the Quran about having female slaves.

[The quotes in question:

Qur'an (23:5-6) - "..abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..."

Qur'an (4:24) - "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."

Qu'ran (70:22-30): "Not so the worshippers, who are steadfast in prayer, who set aside a due portion of their wealth for the beggar and for the deprived, who truly believe in the Day of Reckoning and dread the punishment of their Lord (for none is secure from the punishment of their Lord); who restrain their carnal desire (save with their wives and their slave girls, for these are lawful to them: he that lusts after other than these is a transgressor..."

Quran (33:50): "Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives whom you have granted dowries and the slave girls whom God has given you as booty;..."
]

Amir0x

Banned
This is absolutely sickening.

And to those saying "this is unislamic" or "they aren't real Muslims":

Is ISIS behaving in a way consistent with most practicing Muslims today? No, of course not.

Does Islam encourage the freeing of slaves? Yes.

Is the practice of slavery absolutely prohibited in the religion of Islam? Nope.

There was a thread on this some years ago. I encourage others to read it. Needless to say, there are references in the Quran about having female slaves.

that's always the issue: the second you give divine power to any work of man, people are going to interpret it in such horrible ways. And their interpretation, sadly, cannot be said to inherently be any more or less right than anyone else's when scriptures exist that endorse slavery (or fail to say it's wrong) and speak negatively of homosexuals and more. Even as it repulses the stomach, one must acknowledge we will always be on this treadmill until the day we still giving divine authority to such works :(

Valhelm

contribute something
Well didn't Mohammed do in this in the past I remember learning about it in history class.

He probably did, but that doesn't excuse these actions.

Regardless, morality in the 21st century is very different from morality in the 7th century.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

i dont know much about islam but i wouldnt bother looking at the books to figure out why people do certain things. the holy books are basically rorschach paintings and people see what they want to so they can do what they want to.

isis/is/isil leaders saw a rorscach painting in a really twisted and fucked up way, and described the painting as such to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom