• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Sex Slave: Yazidi Woman, 17, Describes Horrific Ordeal At Hands Of Islamic State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duji

He probably did, but that doesn't excuse these actions.
Then why did you call them out on being "incredibly un-Islamic" when you yourself acknowledge that the founder of the religion "probably did" keep slaves?

i dont know much about islam but i wouldnt bother looking at the books to figure out why people do certain things. the holy books are basically rorschach paintings and people see what they want to so they can do what they want to.

isis/is/isil leaders saw a rorscach painting in a really twisted and fucked up way, and described the painting as such to others.
Don't underestimate the power of Divine command theory.

ZiZ

I'm pretty ignorant towards this so, what does the Islamic religion say about rape? Surely it's not that different from the Christianity in regards to that...

in Islam a convicted rapist is punished with execution.

Then why did you call them out on being "incredibly un-Islamic" when you yourself acknowledge that the founder of the religion "probably did" keep slaves?

There were a lot of rules pertaining to treatment of slaves and at that time in the 7th century it was unprecedented reform. ISIS by comparison aren't even on THAT level.

Sami+

Touching is forbidden before marriage. That's in the book. When hugging is off the table it's safe to say rape isn't okay either.

I'm not Muslim anymore but having read about it, no, Muhammad didn't have any sex slaves. Those aren't legal in sharia law. Polygamy is, but that's a different topic entirely.

And for the record, I think the world would be better off without religion. But to say that this is Islamic at all is simply untrue.

Ponn

Banned
I hear of them doing this kind of stuff, along with all the other stuff we hear about women being treated over in the Middle East and I am flabbergasted when I hear of American, British, western women going over there to join ISIS. Why? Why on earth would you knowingly do that?

Laekon

I believe that the ISIS is a horrible group that has nothing to do with Islam but I'd like to so more proof of this story than the Huffington Post and an Italian news paper. I don't see them allowing someone to keep a phone, especially someone they kidnapped. It's sounds to much like stories of Iraqi troops turning off babies life support during the first Gulf War.

This is absolutely sickening.

And to those saying "this is unislamic" or "they aren't real Muslims":

Is ISIS behaving in a way consistent with most practicing Muslims today? No, of course not.

Does Islam encourage the freeing of slaves? Yes.

Is the practice of slavery absolutely prohibited in the religion of Islam? Nope.

There was a thread on this some years ago. I encourage others to read it. Needless to say, there are references in the Quran about having female slaves.

Hmm. Interesting.
Even if the Quran didnt condone rape, these terrorists dont seem like the kind of people that would have the discipline to not go through with it anyway.
If they are prepared to kill innocent people, its a given they'd be prepared to rape them too :mad:

I believe that the ISIS is a horrible group that has nothing to do with Islam but I'd like to so more proof of this story than the Huffington Post and an Italian news paper. I don't see them allowing someone to keep a phone, especially someone they kidnapped. It's sounds to much like stories of Iraqi troops turning off babies life support during the first Gulf War.

Agreed. ISIS has to be stopped but this story simply does not make any sense. A captive being able to give a phone interview? A captive of ISIS, no less?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Awful stuff. I also didn't understand the idea that a current captive was able to give an interview though.

Good discussion of this stuff on Dan Carlin's most recent podcast. This kind of horrible shit has been going on in Iraq since long before ISIS was around. Not that it makes this any better but it's hardly a new problem.

Good discussion of this stuff on Dan Carlin's most recent podcast. This kind of horrible shit has been going on in Iraq since long before ISIS was around. Not that it makes this any better but it's hardly a new problem.

Discussion ? All I hear is Dan Carlin going on and on how stories like this are probably propaganda like the baby incubators in Kuwait and ISIS is a good thing as it will undo Western meddling.

Lum1n3s

No words can explain how horrific this... and to think that ISIS is following through with what they're doing in the name of their religion :(.

The "Islamic State" or IS needs to be obliterated and wiped out of the earth. There are no place for these modern day Neanderthals with modern day weapons on this planet.

Valhelm

contribute something
Question: do we know how many Yazidis identify as Muslim, and how many don't? ISIS considers them to be pagans, but I know that many Yazidis see their faith as just a subset of Sunni Islam.

Suen

Question: do we know how many Yazidis identify as Muslim, and how many don't? ISIS considers them to be pagans, but I know that many Yazidis see their faith as just a subset of Sunni Islam.
Based on their beliefs that would have to be one hell of a fucking different kind of Islam from the Sunni branch.

Thought I'd inform people stuff the western media isn't interested in: ISIS recently executed a few (so far reported) women in Mosul because they had previously worked in the govt. of Iraq. Oh and some of the women (if not all) were Sunnis.

chatshi

Why do people say that this is not Islam? If we only, or mainly, attribute positive things to religion it will halter the progression of these and other religious people. Come on.

daniels

Can you elaborate, or is this just a No True Scotsman thing?

Eh its probably the same as with any other religion "you only should pick the good stuff".
i mean mohammed was a murderer, warlord and fucked a child ,in the koran there is stuff about slave woman that can be used for sex.
Its just like with christianity and the old testament you just dont pick the bad stuff only extremists and crazy persons do.

She's still I'm captivity? Jesus...

This should close the door on any of them being allowed to return. We can't be seen as welcoming potential rapists back without any form of punishment.

Although I have to wonder why these scumbags would allow her to have a phone?

jesus what a brave individual to speak up even while she's still captive.

Harrowing :(

they actually gave all their Yazidi women prisoners their phones back (the ones that had phones) so they can keep calling people outside and telling them all the stuff they do to them....

partly because they are sick fucks partly because this way their campaign build on fear can continue....

same reason they tweet the severed heads and the mass executions.

If the people hear about their atrocities they tend to fear them more and thus be more inclined to 'run-for-it' rather than stand and fight.

Kibbles

Can't we track the phones and go in to save them? Way too optimistic of me I guess but I'm absolutely sickened by this and I'm sick of hearing all this terrible shit and not being able to do anything about it.

Can't we track the phones and go in to save them? Way too optimistic of me I guess but I'm absolutely sickened by this and I'm sick of hearing all this terrible shit and not being able to do anything about it.

'we' could do that..... but 'we' probably won't do anything about it because..... reasons.....

it's a really sick, sad fucked up world we live in....

2014 and all these advances in technology and society but we still haven't learned how to be human :-(

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
If those sub-humans are Muslim I'm the Queen of England.

I'll be the king. It'll be (arguably) the first Bear-Computer monarchy in England's history!
this is disgusting and very obviously hypocritical for "religious" zealots

ICKE

Banned
This is just like in the old days when the commanders would use war booty as a means to motivate their soldiers. After conquering you can take what ever you want and you may rape the women. The prospect of being in the winning team, having total control over others and also pleasing some religious authority plays a big part in why Europeans and others are willing to join the fight.

It is a horrific situation yet it is also suspicious as to why we are once again being fed these stories just as the war drums are beating in Washington. Bombing cities like Raqqa and having a strong military response is only going to mean more chaos in the area. I don't even know if these people can be defeated, every new conflict only seems to fuel radical aspects of their society and the next death cult might be even worse (though is that even possible now). At the same time I want ISIS to be wiped out completely, it all just seems so hopeless and pointless.

Arkos

What's the deal with these fucks having two names? ISIS and ISIL?

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
Islamic State (their preference)

I think "the Levant" must be a term for the geographical region, and I feel like the US administration are the only people that use that term. Everybody else seems to call it ISIS or the "so-called" Islamic State

Edit: yeah the Levant is a geographical region

Mael

This is just like in the old days when the commanders would use war booty as a means to motivate their soldiers. After conquering you can take what ever you want and you may rape the women. The prospect of being in the winning team, having total control over others and also pleasing some religious authority plays a big part in why Europeans and others are willing to join the fight.

It is a horrific situation yet it is also suspicious as to why we are once again being fed these stories just as the war drums are beating in Washington. Bombing cities like Raqqa and having a strong military response is only going to mean more chaos in the area. I don't even know if these people can be defeated, every new conflict only seems to fuel radical aspects of their society and the next death cult might be even worse (though is that even possible now). At the same time I want ISIS to be wiped out completely, it all just seems so hopeless and pointless.

Wait what?
We're going against ISIS to rape their women now?

ICKE

Banned
Wait what?
We're going against ISIS to rape their women now?

I was talking about second generation immigrants in Europe, Australia and other countries who are going over there to join ISIS and other death cults.

Ikael

Fucking hell, that ruined my morning. ISIS should be purged from mankind's genomic map, full stop.

I also wonder which type of coward fuck gang-rapes a bunch of women and then thinks of that as some kind of courageous act that makes him the reincarnation of Saladin. Fuck them. Their only victories have been against unarmed civilizians and children, they will implode at the contact of a real army. And it will be glorious when that happens.

Fucking hell, they need to be wiped out.

I'd love to hear a story where they can use the phone to pinpoint a location or something.

Arkos

Mael

I was talking about second generation immigrants in Europe, Australia and other countries who are going over there to join ISIS and other death cults.

Ok that makes sense.
The idea to join ISIS is so foreign to me that I didn't even consider it.
Then again people go into hate groups to shit on/beat up/kill weaker people and I have no idea why either.
then again they may have a romantic idea of the shit group and once they join they're in the act and can't stop like when people go to war on some kind of pretense.
I mean rapes by soldiers isn't exactly a new thing.

Horrific....how are those fulls expecting to even achieve stable state if they treat people so horrifically? The funny thing is, is that even if the religion was actually true (I am no believer in religious dogmas), they would be the people going to hell. Even I would probably go to heaven as a non-believer. But they would definitely be going to hell...People can be isanely stupid.

Still, government and corporate fools in the West have played a role in the emergence of these extremist groups by helping to bring the current chaos, in which extreme tendencies gain more traction....People just need to get along, their dogmas are fare less important than that fact. The core human insight needs to be respect, compassion and cooperation.

Yeah I typically default to "those fucking assholes" too. I do like the fact that everybody still qualifies it when they talk about "the Islamic State," like "the group that calls themselves 'the Islamic State,'" I hope that's really sticking in their craw lol

If CNN and all the other media channels just called them 'those fake Muslims' that would totally get them all riled up and annoyed....

Just like Obama did last night... I think that bit calling ISIL has nothing to do with Islam was meant more to annoy them than to justify the U.S. actions against them... :p

Horrific....how are those fulls expecting to even achieve stable state if they treat people so horrifically? The funny thing is, is that even if the religion was actually true (I am no believer in religious dogmas), they would be the people going to hell. Even I would probably go to heaven as a non-believer. But they would definitely be going to hell...People can be isanely stupid.

Still, government and corporate fools in the West have played a role in the emergence of these extremist groups by helping to bring the current chaos, in which extreme tendencies gain more traction....People just need to get along, their dogmas are fare less important than that fact. The core human insight needs to be respect, compassion and cooperation.

there's this documentary on youtube Vice News about how the so called Islamic State is being run now in places like Raqqa.... pretty mad, like stepping into a time machine and going back to the 1400, but with AK47s and pickup-trucks...

WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC:

https://news.vice.com/video/the-islamic-state-full-length

edit: WHY DO I KEEP GETTING ARABIC GOOGLE ADS on GAF lately? I don't even know what they say and some are pretty disturbing, showing guns and 'soldiers' and a bunch of arabic text.... o_O

Palpable

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
Islamic State (their preference)

I think "the Levant" must be a term for the geographical region, and I feel like the US administration are the only people that use that term. Everybody else seems to call it ISIS or the "so-called" Islamic State

Edit: yeah the Levant is a geographical region

It all makes sense now. Thanks!

dan2026

Lets be honest. Islam already treats women as a lesser being to men.

ISIS is just taking it to its logical horrific conclusion.

Fuck religion. All of it.

How'd they get this interview?

they actually gave all their Yazidi women prisoners their phones back (the ones that had phones) so they can keep calling people outside and telling them all the stuff they do to them....

partly because they are sick fucks partly because this way their campaign build on fear can continue....

same reason they tweet the severed heads and the mass executions.

If the people hear about their atrocities they tend to fear them more and thus be more inclined to 'run-for-it' rather than stand and fight.

rambis

Banned
Lets be honest. Islam already treats women as a lesser being to men.

ISIS is just taking it to its logical horrific conclusion.

Fuck religion. All of it.
Isnt saying shit like this bannable? So odd that youre just shitting on an entire group of people so carefree.

daniels

Isnt saying shit like this bannable? So odd that youre just shitting on an entire group of people so carefree.

He is talking about the religion not the people, the huge majority of people usually have the common sense to ignore the barbaric shit in a religion.

dan2026

I'll shit on Christianity for being homophobic too.

When you have the basis somewhere in these religious books that X group is evil or inferior or whatever. People will use it to fuck over others.

People are unreliable and petty and nobody can be trusted with religion.

I'm sure ISIS manage to justify everything they do with selective reading of their holy texts.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
These guys need to be destroyed by every surrounding country/rebel/terrorist group/US military in the area... No mercy. What fucking savage thug fucks

He is talking about the religion not the people, the huge majority of people usually have the common sense to ignore the barbaric shit in a religion.

If I were a Muslim, I would certainly be offended if someone said my religion treated women badly ... it's pretty clear that Muslims say Islam is a religion about love and respect etc etc so calling their faith names would count the same as calling them names....

Now the question if Islam is actually treating women like shit or not is whole other debate on its own, considering that what is taboo and 'not on' for Westerns is the reverse for others and vice-versa.

what is considered 'ok' and ethical for each person is a product of the stimuli and experiences and things he/she has learned based on where they grow up and the culture of said place.

For example, burping is considering rude in Western countries while it's considered a compliment in some Arab countries ( correct me if i'm wrong of course, but that's what I've heard).... same applies for almost everything even though treatment of women or other religions is a way more delicate subject than burping :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom