• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Issues with console war’n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I see plenty of Xbox fans in PlayStation threads and they are typically not giving thumbs up and positive emojis. There is plenty of trolling from both camps and pretending it is coming predominantly from one direction is simply a matter of selective reading.
I'm not trying to pretend it doesn't happen both ways - it does.

But the ratio is very uneven.
You could argue that there's more players on the other side, but does it really maker if any better?

What I'm trying to say is, a few minutes after an Xbox thread has been posted, there's guys like Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem that put a lol smiley on stuff few seconds after a thread has opened. I know I can easily put people on ignore, and I do.

But nothings gonna change when fanboys are obsessed with nonsense.

The only one mainly minding their own business are Nintendo players, but they get crapped on as well.

Concern

Yes, I immediately thought the same when I saw that you liked the mod thread.

Cute projecting.

Except im not the one crying in faceoff threads or calling anything criticizing a console "FUD".

I don't put any stock in the stupidity posted by any of you trolls. When I say something I like about Sony, easy 100 likes. Criticize one small thing and its "FUD" "xbot" and triggered reactions like clockwork lol. Too predictable

killatopak

but I love being right and dunking on their sorry little ass.

You can't do this to me...

fw3aks9j91c11.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
I dont see any console warring recently

On which thread?

Death Stranding DC? Kena? Diablo 2?

Maybe Bayonetta 3?

I ve seen some people get angry over some folks caling bayo 3 graphics are outdated

Last edited:

You could argue that there's more players on the other side, but does it really maker if any better?

What I'm trying to say is, a few minutes after an Xbox thread has been posted, there's guys like Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem that put a lol smiley on stuff few seconds after a thread has opened. I know I can easily put people on ignore, and I do.

The only one mainly minding their own business are Nintendo players, but they get crapped on as well.

Is there any point in turning this into a which fanbase is worse?

We both do it to each other. Fuck me it wasn't that long ago when PS was on a PR fuck up streak and you had nothing but a cesspool of trolling because of it

kyoji

It was said by pro xbox people on this forum that its just an emoji and shouldnt be taken seriously. As someone also noted it happens in alot of playstation and nintendo threads ALOT. So no need to single out Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem when hes not even the person who started the trend, people can dish it but cant take it. But im all for meaningful changes but it needs to be fair across the board and consistent.

Last edited:

BigBooper

It sounds like they're getting overwhelmed with mod reports. Seems like they need to ban the instigators, but it's hard to realize who they are, because what normal person wants to read the console warring threads?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Don’t worry. No one’s going to report you:

6EenvWw.jpg
VbKju2k.jpg
An your point is?

The critivism is valid there

Im not the only one saying bayonetta 3 look like ps3xbox360 and the games technical department should be under scrutiny there

If we are becoming bad for voicing opinion then whats the point of having discusion

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Should this be in the gaming section? There's communities and off topic and since it's focused on the forum and people's behavior it feels off to put it next to game info...

Fredrik

I got a post deleted a few days ago and that was a soft ban of sorts, I appreciate that style instead of the era style harsh moderation that just turn people into boring fakes to avoid bans. I haven’t seen the recent heated talks though but personally I can take people with preferences, it’s fine as long as people don’t get rude and personal.

Complistic

But i have an inferiority complex and feel I must attack others to obtain validation. What about me, can I console war?

tommib

An your point is?

The critivism is valid there

Im not the only one saying bayonetta 3 look like ps3xbox360

If we are becoming bad for voicing opinion then whats the point of having discusion
I don’t know what to say. If you think that it’s fine to write 7 posts on a trailer thread shitting on graphics about an upcoming handheld game then there’s nothing to talk about really. It’s just tiring.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Imagine talking about Nissan without shitting on Toyota, Manchester United without shitting on Man City, Android phones without shitting on Apple...

My bowl will be full of held-back shit.
Nah exactly. Its only in video games where this is looked down upon. Its all in good fun.

In fact, in other industries, the companies themselves join in on the "war". I don't know why we're expected to be on some Kumbaya, saint-like shit on a video game forum. Its supposed to be fun. That includes banter.
BMW-vs-Audi-Ad-war.jpg

mac_vs_pc.jpg

samsung-6-vs-6-800x420.png

E-oK7V8XoAMGlPA

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Is there any point in turning this into a which fanbase is worse?

We both do it to each other. Fuck me it wasn't that long ago when PS was on a PR fuck up streak and you had nothing but a cesspool of trolling because of it
Point taken.

It's just what I've noticed a lot lately. Also said its happening on both side, while some gets way more bombed than others.
Yeah, but who incites this shit?!?
People obsessed over plastic boxes.
It was said by pro xbox people on this forum that its just an emoji and shouldnt be taken seriously.

Always said there were assholes on both side. I'd bet those who said that are the same babies crying over the lol smiley the last six years on the forum.

As someone also noted it happens in alot of playstation and nintendo threads ALOT. So no need to single out Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem when hes not even the person who started the trend

Can you tell me who started the trend? The reason I solely tags him, is because he was one of the first I noticed doing it.

Many times when a thread were up, no matter if it was a wall of text boss or a simple video shown, it would only be a matter of seconds before he made a lol smiley about it.

It didn't matter the content or context, as long it was about xbox he would just instant lol at it.

I'm just in general against smileys that can be used in a negative matter.

I'm against removing emojis, because I'm not a fragile person that cries over at zmanly beer belly emoji disguised as a pregnant man, but it's sad to see a good community where people feel the urge to be an idiot against others.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I don’t know what to say. If you think that it’s fine to write 7 posts on a trailer thread shitting on graphics about an upcoming handheld game then there’s nothing to talk about really. It’s just tiring.
Dully noted then now reading this comments it make me think that i had enough and wont be visiting any bayonetta 3 thread again

Have a nice day

Last edited:

kyoji

Direct all of your complaints to me.
Its not a complaint its a suggestion and id rather it be out here in the open now since well it already is… i think its a good discussion to have all around everyone can do better and yes that includes the mod team, again im not trying to belittle or call out anyone i realize its a very tough job for a forum of this magnitude, i think overall they do great and work hard. But i also live in the real world and understand how subconscious bias works, we are all imperfect beings and just because one waves mod status does not exempt one from those possible traits.

To be clear im not complaining or unhappy with gaf, but there needs to be more open dialogue like this and potentially a way to try and keep “warring” to a minimum if thats what you guys truely desire, since its obvious previous methods havent yielded much difference.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
But if he made 7 posts praising the graphics in all out glory then it would be ok?

I see plenty of Xbox fans in PlayStation threads and they are typically not giving thumbs up and positive emojis. There is plenty of trolling from both camps and pretending it is coming predominantly from one direction is simply a matter of selective reading.
You have to realize that it is not balanced. Just like there are more PlayStations sold in the world there are more PlayStation fans and thus there are more PlayStation console warriors. You can always say both sides do it but both 'sides' do not have anywhere near an equal number of people. So it is far more likely to see many Xbox threads devolve into Xbox trash talking sessions. As long as the moderation is taken fairly things with be fine.

MDSLKTR

FD7-B7099-40-D6-4176-86-F3-400-E523-E3-DFD.png

Mod made a big deal about concerns with console war’n and the people were capable of responding
the rock wrestling GIF by WWE
In addition to this, it should also be shared that these same console warriors, who are too brave and macho to put anyone on 'ignore', are the biggest proponents of using the report button when anyone says bad things about their plastic boxes.
HAHAHA I know this bitch and he gets banned every other week 🤣🤣

Can you tell me who started the trend? The reason I solely tags him, is because he was one of the first I noticed doing it.

Many times when a thread were up, no matter if it was a wall of text boss or a simple video shown, it would only be a matter of seconds before he made a lol smiley about it.

It didn't matter the content or context, as long it was about xbox he would just instant lol at it.

I'm just in general against smileys that can be used in a negative matter.

I'm against removing emojis, because I'm not a fragile person that cries over at zmanly beer belly emoji disguised as a pregnant man, but it's sad to see a good community where people feel the urge to be an idiot against others.

I doubt Bo started that

I always saw it happen even before i even signed up

I've used it. Even the love of my life CatLady CatLady has used that blasted emoji against me

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Ok.......but you yourself have a bad habit of making cracks about PlayStation games as "movies" in PlayStation threads. That is the same as all the "Xbox has no games" bullshit in my opinion. It is kind of hard to take you pointing fingers at Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem seriously in that respect. You may see this ratio as "uneven" but it still happens both ways and calling one side the source is just not reflecting reality. Perhaps we should all try to take SlimySnake SlimySnake position and worry about making ourselves better posters. I need to do that as well.

You have to realize that it is not balanced. Just like there are more PlayStations sold in the world there are more PlayStation fans and thus there are more PlayStation console warriors. You can always say both sides do it but both 'sides' do not have anywhere near an equal number of people. So it is far more likely to see many Xbox threads devolve into Xbox trash talking sessions. As long as the moderation is taken fairly things with be fine.

Fine, but this nonsense that PlayStation threads are "only thumbs up and other positive emojis" is just bullshit.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The only way to win is to own X and PS5. I have learned that their differences are their strengths.
Amen. Ever since I’ve had a job I’ve bought all three consoles on release day. Sony’s single player games, Microsoft’s online games, Nintendo blending the two in a handheld form factor.

Both PS5 and Series have fantastic SSDs, Nintendo have actually made a powerful handheld coming from the 3DS. This is the best ‘family’ of consoles we’ve ever had. There’s no point complaining or comparing, just enjoy.

Even in these shitty times where people can’t work in an office, we’ve still had brilliant games like Monster Hunter Rise, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Psychonauts 2, Deathloop and Kena. We’ve got brilliant games on the imminent horizon like Forbidden West, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and Gran Turismo 7.

I love this gen.

Nah exactly. Its only in video games where this is looked down upon. Its all in good fun.

In fact, in other industries, the companies themselves join in on the "war". I don't know why we're expected to be on some Kumbaya, saint-like shit on a video game forum. Its supposed to be fun. That includes banter.
Difference is all these companies know that the tribalism sells, it gets your dumbass locked into their brand instead of considering other options.

They're playing you like a goddamn fiddle.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
People are going to real war for less than this shit. How'd you expect people not to drive war over China produced plastic?

Edit: I find the laughing smiley sad. Sad because whenever you look into a Microsoft thread there's the same PlayStation fanboys like Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem laugjing about xbox as an instant auto reply, while when you pop into a PlayStation thread there's only thumbs up and other positive emojis.

Really shows where the majority of war comes from.
That's a very biased statement. I'm 100% sure there are other "not a fan of playstation/Sony" users do the same thing as well.

Lets not mention other console warring outside of Neogaf as well.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Then I take it back. I misunderstood your 7 posts saying that Bayonetta was stuck on 360 era graphics. I apologise.
Does that post really bothering you bro ?

Seriously many people can post multiple time on same certain thread

Are you Platinum employee or something? You get defensive alot there over anyone saying bayoneta 3 graphics are bad

Last edited:

kyoji

Yup.

I find it hilarious how some folk behave over their choice of plastic. I always get both and have fun, ain't that deep.
While i agree with you, its human nature and happens in almost everything, from sports to politics to ford vs chevy, to resetera vs gaf etc etc. so people who take the i dont get why people do that stance are weird to me all the same because more than likely they participate or have participated in a form of warring in another hobby in some fashion and there are people who probably view them as being ridiculous all the same. Im not singling out you M MarveI but your post is reference for my thought.

tommib

Does that post really bothering yo bro ?

Seriously many people can post multiple time on same certain thread

Are you Platinum employee? You get defensive there over anyone saying bayoneta 3 graphics are bad
Lets just be friends. You were super hot on RE8, by the way! Best thing of the game. The rest sucked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom