• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's be real: if Playstation put all their games on PC day 1, would you jump ship?

would you move to PC if it got all the PS5 exclusives day 1?

• Total voters
I have PS5 and also good PC. Playing game on console was so easy on larger TV and you don't have button mapping problem because PC games always use Xbox controller button. It's controller vs keyboard + mouse for me.

No I tried. Pc gaming is not the paradise its made out to be. It’s close though and maybe one day it will get there. The hacking in mp is insane though and nothing will ever change that.

Kokoloko85

Yes I would. As much as I prefer gaming on consoles.
I know a good few people who already have. We’ve probably all spent thousands and thousands on PSN which is now/would be going to Valve/Steam

Your gonna lose some audience, and that = losing business

IAmRei

No, i'm still loving to play games by sitting on carpet in front of my tv and sometimes lay down on my (already shrunked) bean bags.

And sometimes i play split screen games with my friends, in pc split screen games more than 2 people is not comfy for me. And i'm too lazy to jack it on tv : ))

Aenima

No. I have been a PC gamer before, i prefer consoles as my main gaming machines.

I never buy top of the line PC cuz they are too expensive to build, and being OCD with graphic setting cuz your PC is not powerfull enough to brute force everething, is just depressing. Im happy just paying 500€ for a gaming machine that will last me 6 years, chill on my sofa and just think about new hardware 6 years later.

Aces High

So you can buy PlayStation games for less money, choose from different control options, install mods, play the games online for free, and return them for a full refund.

You gotta be the dumbest platform-warring fanboy in existence to not see the benefits of this.

Crayon

Well I already play on pc. If it was just me, I guess it would have to do a lot with prices. As things stand now, I don't actually play a lot of Sony's own games, but the performance of the PS5 is pretty good and it makes it hard to justify upgrading my pc.

But then there's the issue of my wife. She strongly prefers to play on consoles so that's that.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I used to say yes, but now I'm thinking no. I do enjoy trophy hunting. Now if Sony integrated trophies into Steam.....

Jump Knock Back GIF by Xbox

I have a PC with a 3090 and a PS5. My decision on what to buy for which platform is taken on a title by title basis. Some games have crappy PC version and the PS5 version is actually better. Other games have a proper PC version and add meaningful enough features to be worth buying on PC.

I don't actually play that many Sony first party titles these days as I have zero interest in Horizon, TLOU Remastered for the 6th time, and Spider-Man. So I don't even use my PS5 for the Sony exclusives.

Pimpbaa

No, I play all my games on consoles. I have zero desire to go back to pc gaming again despite spending decades at It. Video cards have become ridiculously expensive, at least around here. Over $600 (when you include tax) Canadian for something like a piece of shit like the 8GB GeForce 4060 Ti. I ain’t paying that much for a video card that does worse in vram hungry games than the PS5 or Series X.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I jumped ship from consoles because of PS4. Bloodborne is the only game I still want on PC. Every other game I bought/played on PS4 either was a letdown or came to PC. I'm glad I got to play Horizon: Zero Dawn for free. That game was terrible.

Aces High

I jumped ship from consoles because of PS4. Bloodborne is the only game I still want on PC. Every other game I bought/played on PS4 either was a letdown or came to PC. I'm glad I got to play Horizon: Zero Dawn for free. That game was terrible.
The sad part is that PS5 games are much worse than PS4 games.

PlayStation completely dropped the ball this generation.

Mortisfacio

The sad part is that PS5 games are much worse than PS4 games.

PlayStation completely dropped the ball this generation.

There's GoW: Rag, at least. However that's also a PS4 game. I'm waiting on the Steam release to finally play it. The other releases I just don't care about, such as SM2 (the super hero genre is dead to me) and Ratchet and Clank. The last 4-5 years all my favorite games are 3rd party multiplat games.

hinch7

Easy skip if they did that.

PC is my main platform to game. I get a PlayStation each generation for exclusives.. so if there are none, there no reason for me to buy anymore consoles, nor invest in them. The same reason why I don't buy any more Xbox's. They're redundant once you have a PC capable of running them.

Even today looking at everything near enough being ported from native PS5 to PC within a year or so, makes me hesitant to the next generation. And I'll probably just not bother if Final Fantasy wasn't constantly time gated behind PS.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

It's really a different player base, it might cost them a few sales but probably not that many. If you have a powerful PC, you probably only played the exclusives on consoles anyway. The best consoles users are the ones that buy all their content on there.

fart town usa

Gold Member
PC gaming and Console gaming are so vastly different. I'm good at navigating computers but I have zero knowledge on setting up hardware, etc. Just replacing ram in my laptop.

I buy consoles for the convenience it personally affords me. 30-60 FPS is fine for me.

Quasicat

Yes…I turn my PS5 on a few times a year so I’d love to sell it.
This was where I was at a few months ago. I literally turned it on a couple of times to play MLB The Show, which is on GamePass. Once I bought a Steam Deck and played Spider-Man, I sold the PS5 since I knew I was done with it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nah, I still keep consoles for physical deals and resells, can't do that on PC. But my PS5 is only being used for it's exclusives. For all multiplats, I'm on the console whose controller I prefer.

TheTony316

So you can buy PlayStation games for less money, choose from different control options, install mods, play the games online for free, and return them for a full refund.

You gotta be the dumbest platform-warring fanboy in existence to not see the benefits of this.

Or you just don't care about PC gaming

I have a PS5 now, but rarely play it since it's only for Sony exclusives. I would seriously consider selling it and moving to PC if those exclusives were available there.

Crayon

Nah, I still keep consoles for physical deals and resells, can't do that on PC. But my PS5 is only being used for it's exclusives. For all multiplats, I'm on the console whose controller I prefer.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the discs. That's a big one. I buy a good number of games on disc either for posterity, a souvenir, or to get them cheap. I never actually sell them, though I have given many away. I could live without physical, but I'll appreciate it while it's still a thing.

Topher

Gold Member

Someone can see those benefits and still prefer consoles. Maybe people have a library of games that they like to replay on console. Maybe folks prefer physical so they can buy/resell their games or just collect. Maybe they like trophy hunting. Maybe they are just not into PC gaming as TheTony316 TheTony316 said.

Doesn't have to be about being a "fanboy".

nikos

My PS5 collects dust. I'm actually considering selling it now that I've tried the FFVII Rebirth demo. I'm going to wait for the PC version.

It was fun when it launched but also immediately felt underwhelming because I've always had a high end PC.

There used to be way more console exclusive games, leading up to the PS5, but there seems to be next to nothing this generation. No reason to ever turn it on.

Last edited:

GHound

I for one don't like ships at all and think all of the people that build the ships are stinky. Jumping from poop dick to poop Deck isn't going to change that.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I certainly would, because I can always write off a powerful gaming laptop as a business expense... and what is the fucking point in owning a console that has no exclusives at any point?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My PS5 collects dust. I'm actually considering selling it now that I've tried the FFVII Rebirth demo. I'm going to wait for the PC version.

It was fun when it launched but also immediately felt underwhelming because I've always had a high end PC.

There used to be way more console exclusive games, leading up to the PS5, but there seems to be next to nothing this generation. No reason to ever turn it on.
As every generation passes, there's fewer and fewer console exclusives so gamers will slowly skew to that decision to buy a console (reasonable price, plug and play the traditional console way), or just say fuck it and as long as someone has a decent PC just wait for a Steam or GOG release. No rush. There's so many games coming out, so many bargain deals (not Ninty games i guess), that as long as someone isn't amped up on a key game or needs to play COD or FIFA right away to be competitive in MP, who cares. Just wait and go through a PC backlog at your own pace.

You can already see it. PC and mobile gaming are growing and console units I dont think have budged in generations. Xbox has sold bad this gen, but by the looks of it PS5 still might not even hit PS4 numbers. Where are the gamers going? So despite tons of money spent and more gamers around the world playing, you'd think every console should be at 200M each. Switch is a giant success and will likely hit PS2/NDS numbers (around 150M), but you'd think an affordable hybrid system 15 years later would blow them away. Nope.

Last edited:

DeathGuise

I want to jump ship even without the day 1 exclusives.
I don't mind waiting for them to come to PC, and to be honest Sony exclusives no longer have the appeal they once had for me (specially the first party stuff, the second/third party games are still cool)

Just need to be able to afford it. In the meantime Ps5 still offers decent performance and a good catalogue of games for the price.
This. The PS5 doesn't have anything I want that's not either out or scheduled to be out on PC. I'm antsy foe Final Fantasy XVI yes, but I'm happy to wait for better graphics/framerate.

Having said that I bought a PS4 for the express purpose of playing Bloodborne. So I'm not stingy, just picky. One game can sell a console to me. But neither the PS5 nor the SX have that right now

nemiroff

Gold Member
Even as a PC gamer already I still like to have boxes connected to my TVs. So not really.

But with that said, I want all games being day one multiplatform and hardware being generic. And that's what seems like starting to happen, the trend is tangible.

Last edited:

Filben

Nah, because DualSense support is still hit and miss and I fucking love that controller and its features and many devs can't be arsed to implement proper support. Even CDPR stopped right in the middle and called it a day after adaptive trigger support and left out the haptic feedback in the TW3 next gen update for PC.

CashPrizes

I already have a 4090 PC, so no need to jump.
If every Playstation exclusive were to come to PC day 1, I would stop buying Playstations, so I voted Yes to the poll.
I try to buy a PC every 6+ years or longer, so sometimes it is nice when a new Console comes out just as my PC is getting outdated. Like I got a new PC in earl 2015 for Witcher 3, so when the PS5 came out in late 2020 it was slightly more powerful then my PC, and I definitely made some multiplatform purchases on the Playstation for a couple of years.

TheTony316

Someone can see those benefits and still prefer consoles. Maybe people have a library of games that they like to replay on console. Maybe folks prefer physical so they can buy/resell their games or just collect. Maybe they like trophy hunting. Maybe they are just not into PC gaming as TheTony316 TheTony316 said.

I mean, i used to main PC. I know the benefits and the crap that comes with it. I dropped PC gaming in 2014 when i bought a PS4. Tried to get back two years ago but it just wasn't for me anymore. Ended up keeping the PC and selling the GPU.

Last edited:

Aces High

The "fanboy" stuff was with regard to PS fans who say they don't want PS games on PC.

draliko

Been multiplat for a couple of gens now, but every year moving to pc more and more, with current Dev times I prefer having just 1 catalog (on pc) and simply play stuff there, I still keep consoles around because it's easier with kids to let them play there, but if your iq is higher than room temperature pc gaming isn't difficult and I can choose on what to compromise if needed (FPS or graphics).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Already said yes in this thread but it really does feel inevitable going forward.

They're not really making money on hardware and people like me would be more than happy to take the £500 we spend on consoles and dump it all into day one exclusives on Steam. Fuck it, put Demon's Souls on there tomorrow and I'll double dip.

They're also gonna need to invest in anti-piracy tech when they do, because Sony games on PC have absolutely none.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I didn't vote cuz technically I'm looking for a reason to jump back on the ship.

Want the Pro but with OkiDoki Totoki's latest quotes I'm second guessing spending potentially more than 500 on a PS5Pro and instead just getting a new mobo and CPU to take even more advantage of my 4090.

I didn't vote cuz technically I'm looking for a reason to jump back on the ship.

Want the Pro but with OkiDoki Totoki's latest quotes I'm second guessing spending potentially more than 500 on a PS5Pro and instead just getting a new mobo and CPU to take even more advantage of my 4090.
Did you run a bottleneck calculator to see if your cpu restricts your GPU?

Enter your CPU and GPU.
Set it to Graphic Card Intensive Tasks and run it

Top Bottom