• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been 5 years since the last console ZELDA was revealed. Is it time for another?

Next Zelda NEEDS to be harder. The first few dungeons were more fun because you had less health, and Cave of Ordeals was great.

Also, a prize other than rupees or heart pieces would be cool. MM had the best side quests.

laserbeam

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
What do you think the chances of Zelda being shown are now?

I could see them doing a trailer for it. They keep saying they will show they are serious this E3. 2D Mario releasing this Fall, A Zelda for fall 2010, Pikmin for Mid 2010 and whatever else would be a monstrous showing as far as 1st party go

i would say that there would definitely be a trailer.

but nintendo's new way is to unveil within the same year of release, so probably not. oh well.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
laserbeam said:
I could see them doing a trailer for it. They keep saying they will show they are serious this E3. 2D Mario releasing this Fall, A Zelda for fall 2010, Pikmin for Mid 2010 and whatever else would be a monstrous showing as far as 1st party go
Yeah.
Miyamoto is doing a conference after. He could always sneak a trailer in then too SBBB style.
I think Zelda for this year's conference will be a no go though.
Mario this year and Zelda on DS has me convinced.
They play shit SAFE and you know they have a graph and casual title too.

pulga

Banned
Relix said:
Hmm... I don't post this type of stuff on GAF, really, but my organizer friend at ESA was completely spot on about the Microsoft announcements so I am gonna post this on GAF of what I've been told. This guy works as an organizer with ESA so he sometimes sees and overhears information about the companies.

Supposedly last night a mysterious disc arrived to Los Angeles from Nintendo Corporate to NA. The disc was heavily guarded you could say, and it seems NOA wasn't even sure what it was. Take it how you will =)

And I am seriously, I swear to god, Allah, Buddah, Luffy, not bullshitting you. I don't wanna create false hopes (Pff... maybe its a Mario Party Online game!), but if there is this secrecy involved, AND it seems NOA didn't even know about it... it must be something big.

Hype......rising...must...keep it...DOWN. AHHHHHHHHHH

kermit.gif

Killa Sasa said:
Next Zelda NEEDS to be harder. The first few dungeons were more fun because you had less health, and Cave of Ordeals was great.

Also, a prize other than rupees or heart pieces would be cool. MM had the best side quests.

100% agree.

Super Mario Galaxy saw a step down in the health meter to 3 compared to the 6 or 8 in 64 and Sunshine. Hopefully we will see something similar in the next Zelda.

Forkball

I didn't mind Twilight Princess' difficulty. They could keep it around that level and I will be happy (though take away anything that resembles that damn hand chasing you). Definitely don't make it Wind Waker easy though.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Forkball said:
I didn't mind Twilight Princess' difficulty. They could keep it around that level and I will be happy (though take away anything that resembles that damn hand chasing you). Definitely don't make it Wind Waker easy though.
wind waker was harder than tp. i think i even saw it's game over screen.

imo just put in difficulty levels at least

laserbeam said:
7 hours and 20 minutes til it starts

thanks

Pre

I think that the next step to take for Zelda should be really expanding and adding to the world. I'd like to see Hyrule be fuckin' huge in the next game - not just the land, but the city as well. I want huge-ass cities stuffed full of people and quests and hidden shit. I also don't want a bunch of empty plains - I want an environment full of interactivity.

camineet

Banned
4.5 hours, gawd.....

The Zelda fan in me prays that Mario doesn't hog the entire spotlight with some 2.5D Mario Bros game.

camineet said:
just a little over 1 hour until I either rejoyice for a new Zelda
or commit suicide over its noshow.....
thank god you had that exception in there, i was afraid i spent my hole-digging night in vain

Joei

Killa Sasa said:

Based on your reasoning for the first few dungeons being hard, couldn't you just, you know, not pick up the hearts when you kill the boss?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
2s7hqu8.gif

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Did anyone think that the Metroid trailer was a Zelda trailer at first?
When it went up to space I was like "OH MY GOD". Then I saw Samus. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
camineet said:
I just know some of you guys have threads setup and waiting to be posted in case they do show a new Zelda...

:lol :lol :lol

Amazing, he predicted his death.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fantastical said:
Here! I went into a whole range of games before I came to Metroid. The short hair made me think it was something completely different till ZZS came.

Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed a new Legend of Zelda title is in development for the Wii.

"To be honest with you, I really wanted to announce a Zelda game for Wii at this E3. But rather than think about something to bring you to show you, we really wanted to focus on actual game development," he said, speaking during a behind-closed-doors presentation.

"However I didn't want to come empty handed, so I did bring the next illustration for the next Zelda title." At this point an oil painting-style image of Link appeared on a big screen. It featured a pale blue figure wearing a helmet in the foreground and the Legend of Zelda logo at the bottom.

"This illustration does contain elements that are central to the storyline, and I hope it does prove to you we are quite far into the development of the title," Miyamoto said.

"I would like to say we hope to bring it to you next year. It may take a little longer."

Miyamoto went on to reveal the game is likely to work with Nintendo's latest Wii accessory. "We'd like to make it compatible with Wii MotionPlus," he confirmed. "It's quite possible it will be playable only with Wii MotionPlus. The potential for it becoming MotionPlus-only depends of course on how well Wii Sports Resort sells.

"Maybe you can think of Zelda while you're playing with the swordfighting and archery in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto added. "But some people think of Zelda as more of an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to think of a way to keep everyone happy is going to occupy me."

A Q&A session ensued, during which Miyamoto discussed controlling robots with your brain and gay men using their minds to give birth to a brand new pokemon, an idea his wife helped him come up with. Not even kidding.
Eurogamer

JayDub

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
The only real problem with Twilight Princess is how atrociously easy it is. If the next game is harder, that's the only improvement needed.

That said, I hope for something drastically different.

Im guessing you're talking about the enemies? If so, LoZ isn't exactly known for difficult enemies. At least not since its foray into 3D. Its always been PvE, wheres it you against the environment. The dungeons are your challenge. Although I have my complaints about TP, the dungeons were fuck amazing. Some say they were too easy because they completed them, I say they were just as difficult, but Nintendo did a GREAT job using just enough visual cues/hints where it causes the player to think without getting stuck. Its such a good balance, the dungeons never felt cheap.

:lol

camineet is never going to live this down

EDIT:

Shigeru Miyamoto said:
I would like to say we hope to bring it to you next year. It may take a little longer.
:(

Zelda Wii for Winter 2011, guys.

Still, imagine if Ninty manage to bring out SMG2, M:AM, S&P2 and Zelda Wii all in the same year. It'd be epic.

AniHawk

Remember when I told you all there wasn't going to be a Zelda shown at this year's show, yet this thread continued on for 400 posts?

Yeah.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:

I thought it was Kid Icarus. Reggie mentioned bringing in an "outside dev" (Factor 5) to take a grittier take on one of their franchises (Man Icarus?), and the trailer started over an ocean and rose to a sunset cliff.

When the Team Ninja logo came on the wind started being let out. Then the space stuff.

When Samus suited up, it blew me away, I honestly wasn't expecting a Metroid trailer, in spite of (or because of) how the trailer started.

leroidys

camineet said:
I just know some of you guys have threads setup and waiting to be posted in case they do show a new Zelda...
:lol :lol :lol

Poor chap.

EDIT

Masked Man said:
I thought it was Kid Icarus at first, too.

Initial reaction: "Finally!"
Final reaction: "HOLY SHIT OMGYES"
I thought I was the only one! "They're finally showing kid icarus sweet! Its in space? That's an interesting way to do... HOLY SHIT WOWOOWOWOWOWO"

pakkit

Banned
A HERO DIED TODAY!!!

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=621615

camineet said:
Hi, you may know me on GAF as camineet.

I just f'ked up in the biggest way by accidentally posting a
'Zelda Wii Revealed" thread on GAF, .....before anything was announced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363869

see my epic F'up in all its pathetic glory.

I was so "sure" a Zelda Wii would be revealed at the Miyamoto roundtable, that I had a thread ready to go, in a Firefox tab. I had many tabs open, including two on GAF. I was switching between them, and other tabs, and posting replies in one, while refreshing the IGN live blog, and juggling half a dozen other things. I by (idiotic) accident posted a reply IN the body of my ready-to-go-thread, and before I could stop it, it was far too late.

That's what happens when you want to be "first" so bad, and get carried away.

Anyway, I thought you'd all like to have a good laugh at my expense, and now those GAFFERS reading this will know how stupid I was.
I learned my lesson. they banned me until June 10 I think.

ah well

Top Bottom