• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anth0ny said:

OMG
amazing

500x_bowling8_01.jpg

"mooooom, make dad tell the story right!"

"That's what really happened..."

-_-

Banned
Yoboman said:
tumblr_l8p75nhtFq1qdoghio1_500.png

This scene plus the musical bit after it was probably the first thing in the Simpsons I found truly unfunny

One chorus line of people, dancing till they make us stop!
Two...!
Many dancing people, covered in blood, gore, and glop!
Just one sniff of that fog and you're inside out!
It's worse than that flesh-eating virus you've read about!
Vital organs, they are what we're dressed in, the family dog is eyeing Bart's intestine!
Happy Halloween!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
We've talked about the best old episodes, the best 'new' episodes, what about the worst old and worst new episodes? For me, the new one where Homer becomes a god in India just reached a new nadir of awfulness. It's significantly worse than the bad new episodes.

Binabik15

Thagomizer said:
This gave me nightmares for weeks when I was little.

The worst part is the splish sound of the blood gushing out when they do their dance routine. Truly unsetting.

Skinning aways makes me feel queasy, probaby because I ripped a large chunk of skin from my fingertip as a chid, revealing the soft part of your skin full of still living cells and nerve endings. Not only did it hurt, but the sensation of something touching it made me sick to my stomach every time. Brrr.

Superimposer said:
We've talked about the best old episodes, the best 'new' episodes, what about the worst old and worst new episodes? For me, the new one where Homer becomes a god in India just reached a new nadir of awfulness. It's significantly worse than the bad new episodes.
Still not as bad as "That 90's Show." I'm pretty forgiving of just about every episode as long as I'm able to laugh during each act, but there was nothing redeeming about 90's.

AAequal

Banned
Yoboman said:
This scene plus the musical bit after it was probably the first thing in the Simpsons I found truly unfunny

Yup, but only because singing is the lowest form of communication. Other then that it's one of the best Halloween episodes. Shinning and Time and Punishment both belong in top 10 of treehouse of horror segments, maybe even in top 5.

The worst episodes (that I have seen) are the one with the little robot that Lisa built for a science project... the one with the 24 parody...

But the episode that made me and realized that The Simpsons sucks is the one with Tony Hawk... the one were Bart gets "divorced" from their family.

Fuck you, Matt Groening.

hemtae

Fernando Rocker said:
The worst episodes (that I have seen) are the one with the little robot that Lisa built for a science project... the one with the 24 parody...

Trilogy of Error and 24 Minutes are some of the good new-age simpsons episodes and Trilogy of Error isn't even that far removed from the golden age

Well I liked them at least

Trent Strong said:
I think the worst episode from the classic period is the Bleeding Gums Murphy dies episode. Slow moving and sappy.

What?!

I love that episode. I love the music... I love the last scene with the clouds... I love the Mr. Burns joke with the bills attached to a cord... oh, man... so many great jokes in that episode!

Gui_PT

Fernando Rocker said:

But the episode that made me and realized that The Simpsons sucks is the one with Tony Hawk... the one were Bart gets "divorced" from their family.

Fuck you, Matt Groening.

Inflammable means flammable?

Fernando Rocker said:
What?!

I love that episode. I love the music... I love the last scene with the clouds... I love the Mr. Burns joke with the bills attached to a cord... oh, man... so many great jokes in that episode!

This quote is from one of the essays in the book "The Simpsons and Philsophy", talking about the Bleeding Gums episode the author says "...this episode combines an uncritical sentimentality with a naive adoration of art-making, and tops everything off with some unintentionally horrible pseudo-jazz which would serve better as the theme music for a cable-access talk show. Lisa's song "Jazzman" simultaneously embodies all three of these faults, and must count as the worst moment of the worst episode ever." and "...the comedic energy of the show dips significantly whenever moral closure or didacticism rise above the surface (as in the bleeding Gums Murphy episodes.)" I think I agree with him.

B.K.

Trent Strong said:
This quote is from one of the essays in the book "The Simpsons and Philsophy", talking about the Bleeding Gums episode the author says "...this episode combines an uncritical sentimentality with a naive adoration of art-making, and tops everything off with some unintentionally horrible pseudo-jazz which would serve better as the theme music for a cable-access talk show. Lisa's song "Jazzman" simultaneously embodies all three of these faults, and must count as the worst moment of the worst episode ever." and "...the comedic energy of the show dips significantly whenever moral closure or didacticism rise above the surface (as in the bleeding Gums Murphy episodes.)" I think I agree with him.

Was that book written fifteen years ago? There's no way that episode is the worst ever.

Trent Strong said:

So much fail in that essay book. Thank you for giving me the name of that book, so I can avoid it.

G-Fex

I liked the episode where bart works for the mafia guys. Nobody makes a Manhattan like bart.

"What did I do to deserve this flavorless Manhattan?"

Meadows

Banned
i used to hate Treehouse of Horror episodes, they scared me and I didn't get the horror film references. Still, when a normal episode came on after it then it was like a huge sigh of relief and I was back at home with my normal dose of Springfield happiness. God this show was good.

Also it isn't like normal shows that I like, which always get cancelled after 3 seasons, at least there is shitloads of good Simpson's episodes out there to enjoy.

-_-

Banned
Zutroy.jpg

"Keep up the good work Zutroy and one day you'll earn this shiny penny"
"Zutroy is about as American as apple pie!"

-_-

Banned
Guzim said:
I'm still waiting for the episode after Treehouse of Horror II where Mr. Burns is attached to Homer's body :(
265105_1_M.jpg
You mean this?

Regarding the avatar recommendation, the scene where Roger Meyers is walking in a continuously repeating background while talking about how repeating backgrounds saves money

TopHatCuddlefish said:
Regarding the avatar recommendation, the scene where Roger Meyers is walking in a continuously repeating background while talking about how repeating backgrounds saves money
That'd be a good recommendation if we were allowed GIFs as avatars still.

Medalion

Banned
Fernando Rocker said:

Fuck you, Matt Groening.
Linguo was awesome

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Also that episode wasn't a 24 parody, unless you were talking about 2 different episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom