• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lj8emmvdQL1qawi46o1_500.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
You kidding? They recycle episode titles all the time and just change a word or two around. It's like they've run out of references.

They suck at choosing episode titles now.

Guzim

I've been student teaching this semester, and the unit in my government class is immigration. Tomorrow I'm showing Much Apu About Nothing :D

Evening Musuko said:
Now stay tuned for professional wrestling live from Springfield Grappelarium. Tonight a Texas death match: Dr. Hillbilly versus the Iron Yuppie. One man will actually be unmasked and killed in the ring!

I hope they kill that Iron Yuppie. Thinks he's so big.

I had another weird simpsons coincidence recently, I congratulated my fiancee's friend on getting her PhD, immediately calling her Doctorb... later that day I popped in a random simpsons disc without realizing it was the season 4 disc with Homer's Triple Bypass on it.

the "b" is for bargain

ATF487

Evening Musuko said:
du4r6.jpg

Now stay tuned for professional wrestling live from Springfield Grappelarium. Tonight a Texas death match: Dr. Hillbilly versus the Iron Yuppie. One man will actually be unmasked and killed in the ring!

I hope they kill that iron yuppie!

Shaneus

I'm currently watching A Clockwork Orange and I had NO idea just how many times The Simpsons mimics scenes from it. The two most obvious ones are the parts with the movie watching replicated with Santa's Little Helper (when he goes to the pound) and when Bart/Alex reach for the cupcake/tits and almost pass out just beforehand.

Shaneus said:
I'm currently watching A Clockwork Orange and I had NO idea just how many times The Simpsons mimics scenes from it. The two most obvious ones are the parts with the movie watching replicated with Santa's Little Helper (when he goes to the pound) and when Bart/Alex reach for the cupcake/tits and almost pass out just beforehand.
And of course Bart's costume in Treehouse of Horror III.

Shaneus

Definitely, though that's more... obvious, I guess? Less of a "nod" to Clockwork and more a direct acknowledgement of it. If that makes sense :)

I did truly lose my shit when Alex went for the women's cans with both hands and he just fell down... now I need to see more "classic" movies to see how they've inspired The Simpsons.

Anth0ny

Shaneus said:
Definitely, though that's more... obvious, I guess? Less of a "nod" to Clockwork and more a direct acknowledgement of it. If that makes sense :)

I did truly lose my shit when Alex went for the women's cans with both hands and he just fell down... now I need to see more "classic" movies to see how they've inspired The Simpsons.

simpsons-05-16-s06.jpg

I saw that before I saw Terminator 2. Now it's 10x funnier.

There's a good Homer face on 'When Flanders Failed', when he's sitting on the couch saying 'I'd be laughing, laughing from my grave'.

Check it out - it certainly made me chuckle.

markot

Banned
My favourite Itchy and Scratchy cartoons

'Guest director Oliver Stone'
is_39.jpg

'Oh God he's got a gun!'

is_54.jpg

'Why... why? My only son....'

Murkas

2313538062_04f5a8b619.jpg

Mein bratwurst has a first name.. it's F-R-I-T-Z. Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-
F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

Anth0ny

Murkas said:
2313538062_04f5a8b619.jpg

Mein bratwurst has a first name.. it's F-R-I-T-Z. Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-
F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

OMG
amazing

500x_bowling8_01.jpg

"mooooom, make dad tell the story right!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom