• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata will drop bomb at GDC?

Furoba

Wat de GDC nóg interessanter maakt is het gerucht dat ook Satoru Iwata een bom zal droppen tijdens zijn speach op deze conferentie. Dit komt uit een wat betrouwbaardere bron, namelijk uit Reggie Fils-Aime zelf. Volgens hem zal de strijd om de harten en de hoofden van alle gamers, tot een climax komen op de GDC. Zozo...

->
Something which will make GDC even more interesting, is the rumor that Satoru Iwata will 'drop a bomb' during his conference keynote. This rumor comes from a trustworthy source, namely Reggie Fils-Aime himself. According to him, the battle for the hearts and minds of all gamers, will reach a climax at GDC.

This is only interesting piece of information in the article.

Also, 'een bom droppen' doesn't exist in the Dutch language. Some like to bastardise English words into Dutch, but that doesn't mean these words are correct.

Then again, this doesn't surprise me one bit as it comes from the Netherlands, where grammar in school is almost non-existant...

Chittagong

Gold Member
chiwatabomb6di.jpg

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
GhaleonEB said:
Iwata een bom zal droppen

A phase which shall be imortalized. So fun to say out loud. :lol

QFT. if there is anything im taking away from this thread it is "Iwata een bom zal droppen."

Sander

lol @ thread.
Furoba said:
Also, 'een bom droppen' doesn't exist in the Dutch language. Some like to bastardise English words into Dutch, but that doesn't mean these words are correct.

Then again, this doesn't surprise me one bit as it comes from the Netherlands, where grammar in school is almost non-existant...
Actually, grammatically there is nothing wrong with it, droplul :lol jk

Furoba

Temujin said:
Actually being dutch makes this thread all the more funny.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that some Dutch people can't even write in their own language.

;)

Sander said:
lol @ thread.
Actually, grammatically there is nothing wrong with it, droplul :lol jk

Alle grote geheimen over de nog te verschijnen next gens zullen niet alleen op de E3 onthuld worden. Ook op de Game Developers Conference zullen Sony en Nintendo fanboys met hun oren gaan klapperen.

Als we zeggen dat we vol ongeduld op harde feiten over de PS3 zitten te wachten, dan drukken we ons nog voorzichtig uit. De spanning opbouwen is tot daar aan toe, maar het begint er nu op te lijken dat het in Sony’s kamp een zooitje is en dat er voortdurend mensen in paniek aan het rondrennen zijn en anderen volledig gestresst ineen zakken. Om het maar een beetje beeldend te omschrijven.

Nu blijkt dat er tijdens de GDC (Game Developers Conference) belangrijke info over de PS3 bekend gemaakt zal worden. Tenminste, dat vertelt Jamil Moledina, een grote baas van de GDC. Hij raadt de pers dan ook aan om op 20 maart naar de conferentie te komen en te luisteren naar de preek van SCE baas Phil Harrison. Hij zal de sappige feitjes aan het licht brengen. Klinkt eerlijk gezegd als verdomd onsubtiele PR, maar wie weet.

Wat de GDC nóg interessanter maakt is het gerucht dat ook Satoru Iwata een bom zal droppen tijdens zijn speach op deze conferentie. Dit komt uit een wat betrouwbaardere bron, namelijk uit Reggie Fils-Aime zelf. Volgens hem zal de strijd om de harten en de hoofden van alle gamers, tot een climax komen op de GDC. Zozo...

Natuurlijk zullen we jullie op de hoogte houden van wat er op de Game Developers Conference gezegd gaat worden. Spannnnuuuuund!!!

Snow

Furoba said:

It's the PU, don't let it bother you. ;)

Also, I'm bored, so I did a complete handtranslation of the thing.
Moment of Truth at the GDC

All big secrets about the coming next gens will not only be revealed at E3. Sony and Nintendo fanboys will also flap their ears [the sentence doesn't make sense in Dutch either] at the Game Developers Conference.

If we say that we are waiting full of impatience for hard facts about the PS3, then we are making an understatement. Building up tension is one thing, but now it's starting to look like it is a mess in Sony's camp, and that constantly people there are running arround in panic and others collapsing completely stressed out. To use slightly expressive wording.

Now it has become evident that during the GDC (Game Developers Conference) important info about the PS3 will be revealed. At least, that is what Jamil Moledina says, a big boss from the GDC. That is why he advised the press to come on March 20 to the conference and to listen to the sermon from SCE boss Phil Harrison. He will bring some juicy facts to light. Honestly sounds like damned unsubtle PR, but who knows.

What makes GDC even more interesting is the rumour that Satoru Iwata also will drop a bomb during his speech at this conference. This comes from a somewhat more reliable source, namely from Reggie Fils-Aime himself. According to him the battle for the hearths and minds of all gamers, will come to a climax at the GDC. Well well...

Of course we will keep you updated on what will be said at the Game Developers Conference. Excitiiiiiing!!!
Non-news really... This thread is gold though. :lol

Sander

Furoba said:
Yeah, it's pretty funny that some Dutch people can't even write in their own language.

;)

[snip]
Wait I'm not defending PU's horrible mangling of the Dutch language :lol I was just responding to your claim that 'een bom droppen' is wrong when it's not.

//edit actually more stuff that you bolded is perfectly fine, are you sure you have a firm grasp of the language yourself :p

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Sweedishrodeo said:
QFT. if there is anything im taking away from this thread it is "Iwata een bom zal droppen."
Come on mods, I found this classic line, please tag me!!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
He's going to introduce some sort of free middleware solution. Mark my words!

Oh boy, I missed the nature of the thread.

Top Bottom