• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

Is it me or Liv doesn't look as pale as last season?

Season 1, Episode 1 on the left...

Season 2, Episode 1 on the right...

B5OOX0v.png

Though I think she stopped being really pale midway through the first season anyway.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, Liv isn't definitely less pale. But she was basically the only zombie in Seattle who wasn't dying their hair and using bronzer haha

Will be watching this, gotta set the dvr after reading about the first two episodes. Just went quickly through the first season on Netflix and really liked it. The lead actress is great (as is most of the cast) and I was surprised to learn that she is from New Zealand. Australians and New Zealand actors do seem to have a high success rate with American accents.

FiggyCal

Banned
They don't really know that, and he stopped doing that.

They get the visions still. But yeah; it does look like they stopped killing people to get brains -- but Major got blackmailed into doing it and also zombies are a huge liability to society. And it's worth noting that Major probably doesn't know that they stopped killing folks for brains.

Blackhead

Redarse
Season 1, Episode 1 on the left...

Season 2, Episode 1 on the right...

B5OOX0v.png

Though I think she stopped being really pale midway through the first season anyway.

right after that time she hooked up with Lowell... and she's positively glowing now

Twilight Twist! Liv is pregnant!1!

dreams

I recently bingewatched the first season on Netflix, and I gotta say that I did not expect to like it this much. The title is groan-inducing (but I guess it was originally a comic of the same name?), but the show is surprisingly good.

I honestly can't stand Blaine. All of the scenes with him in it seem very over acted. I guess that's sort of a standard CW show thing, though. Perhaps the actor is just doing a good job playing a villain since I have such an aversion to him.

Also, I think someone in here mentioned something, but the fact that they play up Clive's ignorance of Liv's constant different identities is really hard for me to find believable. I don't see why they couldn't mention that it's a side effect of her visions or something to explain it, instead of making things incredibly awkward.

Ravi is definitely the best character on the show.

Joni

They get the visions still. But yeah; it does look like they stopped killing people to get brains -- but Major got blackmailed into doing it and also zombies are a huge liability to society. And it's worth noting that Major probably doesn't know that they stopped killing folks for brains.
She gets the vision by reaching certain spots, hearing conversations, talking to their friends. The other zombies wouldn't be affected unless they ran in the same circles as poor black kids.

FiggyCal

Banned
She gets the vision by reaching certain spots, hearing conversations, talking to their friends. The other zombies wouldn't be affected unless they ran in the same circles as poor black kids.

This was one of the reasons the millionaire (the one that asked for astronaut brains) hated Blaine so much, I thought. The visions aren't frequent because they don't go looking around for them -- but they still happen.

Razmos

Lmao at what Liv did with the anatomical skeletons, seeing them in the background absolutely cracked me up.

A really good episode. Totally funny and heartwarming too, the show continues to impress.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Lmao at what Liv did with the anatomical skeletons, seeing them in the background absolutely cracked me up.

A really good episode. Totally funny and heartwarming too, the show continues to impress.

what did she do? I didnt pick up on it

KevinCow

Banned
I feel so bad for Major. He just keeps going further and further downhill. And then when it seems like he's hit rock bottom, he manages to go even further. He's a druggie now, on top of everything else? I mean god damn. What else are they going to do to him?

Is there any way his story has a happy ending?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I also recently binged watched the entire first season on Netflix and was instantly hooked on the show. What's weird is that I saw the initial trailer for the show and couldn't care less for it, zombies? Boring. Another police detective procedural? Super boring and unoriginal. And yet, the show is pretty damn great but also surprisingly smart. For instance, it had that episode about the internet/gamer troll and managed to not make fun of gamers or video games in general and on top of that used real hacking terminology for the brief "hacking" bit in that episode. So, all in all a great series with a solid first season.

That said, I just got caught up with the second season and I don't know if I like the way things are headed. First off, what have they done to Major? Dude was like the most nicest good guy, guy ever and now he's killing "innocent" family zombies and getting addicted to drugs. Noooooooo. But second, I don't really get why Blaine is alive. It's actually one of the few things that bothered me about the finale. Blaine is a sadistic drug dealer turned zombie who murdered innocent kids, cut open their skulls, and sold their brains to zombies he created. Who then after upgraded briefly to killing high profile individuals to sell their brains to rich zombies for unique experiences. And yet, when Liv had the chance to blow his brains out she doesn't, instead she gives him the extremely limited cure that was just produced. This is also the guy who blew the brains out of the one zombie who said he loved her.

Accordingly, when she just drops the now cured Blaine a friendly visit to ask where he got the original tainted drugs from I was just shaking my head. Again, this guy MURDERED KIDS AND ATE THEIR BRAINS, he also killed your boyfriend, why are you still chatting with him? Why don't you just kill them? You know he's a bad guy. But, whatever.

Volimar

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I also recently binged watched the entire first season on Netflix and was instantly hooked on the show. What's weird is that I saw the initial trailer for the show and couldn't care less for it, zombies? Boring. Another police detective procedural? Super boring and unoriginal. And yet, the show is pretty damn great but also surprisingly smart. For instance, it had that episode about the internet/gamer troll and managed to not make fun of gamers or video games in general and on top of that used real hacking terminology for the brief "hacking" bit in that episode. So, all in all a great series with a solid first season.

That said, I just got caught up with the second season and I don't know if I like the way things are headed. First off, what have they done to Major? Dude was like the most nicest good guy, guy ever and now he's killing "innocent" family zombies and getting addicted to drugs. Noooooooo. But second, I don't really get why Blaine is alive. It's actually one of the few things that bothered me about the finale. Blaine is a sadistic drug dealer turned zombie who murdered innocent kids, cut open their skulls, and sold their brains to zombies he created. Who then after upgraded briefly to killing high profile individuals to sell their brains to rich zombies for unique experiences. And yet, when Liv had the chance to blow his brains out she doesn't, instead she gives him the extremely limited cure that was just produced. This is also the guy who blew the brains out of the one zombie who said he loved her.

Accordingly, when she just drops the now cured Blaine a friendly visit to ask where he got the original tainted drugs from I was just shaking my head. Again, this guy MURDERED KIDS AND ATE THEIR BRAINS, he also killed your boyfriend, why are you still chatting with him? Why don't you just kill them? You know he's a bad guy. But, whatever.

I'm assuming you're looking for a reason other than that she's not a killer?

FiggyCal

Banned
I feel so bad for Major. He just keeps going further and further downhill. And then when it seems like he's hit rock bottom, he manages to go even further. He's a druggie now, on top of everything else? I mean god damn. What else are they going to do to him?

Is there any way his story has a happy ending?

For the type of show this is. I'm going with yes.

Remember, Major's willingness to kill zombies, blackmail aside, is a side effect of the cure he was given. Of course that doesn't do anything for the guilt of it afterwards.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
But, she has killed.

When attacked, and in "Full-On Zombie Mode." I think they would probably say that she isn't exactly fully in control of herself in those moments. I don't think Liv has the constitution to just walk in there and blast Blaine. She probably should...but yeah, I don't see it being in her character. Now Major on the other hand...

Hmm, I wonder if Full- On Zombie Liv is coming back. I mean, so far there haven't been any instances where she needed it, but I wouldn't be shocked if the writers never used it again.

Razmos

I for one hope that in the series finale, Blaine gets killed by Major and Liv has to eat his brain to figure out how it happened.

Not only would it bring all the storylines together but Blaine!Liv would just be amazing.

cyborg009

Banned
I for one hope that in the series finale, Blaine gets killed by Major and Liv has to eat his brain to figure out how it happened.

Not only would it bring all the storylines together but Blaine!Liv would just be amazing.

We all know eventually Liv is going eat one of Major victims.

Razmos

Now that I think about it, couldn't she just eat the brains of the drug dealer, since Ravi was so concerned about it?

FiggyCal

Banned
Now that I think about it, couldn't she just eat the brains of the drug dealer, since Ravi was so concerned about it?

I thought that's what they were hinting at right? I felt like that was gonna be the plot of the next episode.

Edit: But i looked it up and it's not. Weird. It would have been a great set up.

Top Bottom