• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story - 9-27-11 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I'm just guessing. I would love it if it didn't leak.

You know how much support Jay has shown to Cole since this album was announced.

overcast

Bish you're one lucky son of a bitch. Report back here with impressions. Also, if you get a shirt post a picture.

Can't wait to see how Mr. Nice Watch is.

Recon

Banned
Debating going to his Michigan stop. Detroit is like 3 hours from my Uni, but i would be guaranteed to get laid if i get to Detroit....hmmm

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
Debating going to his Michigan stop. Detroit is like 3 hours from my Uni, but i would be guaranteed to get laid if i get to Detroit....hmmm
But then you'd have to go to Detroit...

(._.)

Banned
H37BP.jpg

overcast

CaptYamato said:
That's close compared to me I live like 200+ miles away. Shit my drive to and back from college is longer than that.
Damn, why the hell would you come down here for the show?

Kusagari

I don't know why he had no time for this stuff when the album has been delayed a million times.

Jay just fucking him over?

Kusagari

Cole seriously looks a million times better with sunglasses on. He should adopt the Lupe look and wear them everywhere.

ReconYoda said:
Beat is good. Coles verse is good. Jay-Z verse could of been any verse from WTT. I rather of had another Cole verse.

It probably was a verse from WTT...the whole song sounds like that.

Not that it a bad thing (to me at least). It's a grower I guess.

It doesn't change what I expect from the album though. I expect it to be something solid that I play for a moth and then have like maybe 3 songs off it by the second month which once again is all I hope for from some releases.

Nice Guitar in the beat though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Same thing I posted in GaF-HOP:

You know what, I don't really like songs like this, but I think this could be an actual radio hit as opposed to both Work Out and Can't Get Enough. Something about that beat and the distortion on Cole's voice...plus of course the Jay verse (which was...whatever).

Sounds like something on WTT.

I'd like to also add that it's nice to hear in a song Jay-Z acknowledge J. Cole. I don't think I've ever heard that before...

overcast

It's a solid track. Definitely sounds a bit like WTT. Feels like a song that will grow on me.

I agree that it sounds like it could have been a decent single. Now the wait for the album truly begins.

Recon

Banned
I Think i might trim the Jay verse when i rip the album. Although I like it when Jay talks about cole for the last two bars. But i think the song could of been a lot better if it was about how materialism is so important to rappers. I really thought that was what he was going for when i heard the title. He kinda started to talk about that on "Cost Me A lot" from Friday Night Lights.

zychi

Banned
any chance of another link? site says the streaming version of the song is gone.
e: nvm.

is the beginning of the beat from maniac mansion on nes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom