• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January NBA Season Thread - A No Puddin Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers lose to the worst team in the Atlantic who only dressed 8 guys? First 3 game losing streak this year. Mitch had better do something cos this team is freefalling right now...

bionic77

Cloudy said:
Lakers lose to the worst team in the Atlantic who only dressed 8 guys? First 3 game losing streak this year. Mitch had better do something cos this team is freefalling right now...

Thank you Konex!

We really needed you to jump off the bandwagon to get the ship righted. :D

Cloudy

Banned
20+ offensive boards and you still can't win? Hmm, maybe it's the shitty 2-3 zone with no pressure on the ball. Just sit back and hope the other teams misses. Rudy Three is a SHIT coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloudy

Banned
They will lose to Charlotte on Sunday. Just watch....

jump.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Mitch had better pull his haed out of his ass and hire an assistant coach who has a clue about calling plays and make some trades. Rudy is incompetent!!!!!!!!!!!

VPhys said:
What did I miss about Rudy. Was it something specific in this game or his performance over a period of time?

her performance in general. The guy is a moron. He has a basketball IQ that makes Devean George look like Tex Winter. He instills no discipline in this team (how about asking them to stop shooting 3's? And make a commitment to defense? I know that falls on the shoulders of the players too, but with a team like the Lakers, with so many new faces and not a lot of chemstry, this makes the coach's responsibility even greater in this regard IMO). He gives all the wrong guys playing time. Our STARTING center (Mihm) is consitently sitting on the bench in crunch time while a guy who is good at ONE thing (Brian Cook/shooting 3s and LOTS of'em) steals all his PT. He only started giving Sasha PT when Kobe went down, instead giving the backup PG time to Tierreble Brown (another guy who is only good at ONE thing).

Cloudy

Banned
L.A. Lakers trades: Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05)
PF Brian Cook (7.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.3 minutes)
SF Luke Walton (1.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 8.6 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives: PF Kwame Brown (5.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PG Juan Dixon (8.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.1 minutes)
PG Steve Blake (2.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 10.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.9 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Washington trades: PF Kwame Brown (5.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.9 minutes)
PG Juan Dixon (8.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.1 minutes)
PG Steve Blake (2.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 10.6 minutes)
Washington receives: Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05)
PF Brian Cook (7.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.3 minutes)
SF Luke Walton (1.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 8.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

:eek:

bionic77

The worst thing a GM can do is get impatient and start making bad trades in an attempt to win 5 more games this season. If you are going to make some mid-season changes the best thing to do is to get some veteran energy scrubs to add some depth to your bench. These guys are cheap and their effort can help you get a few regular season games, but of course they are usually worth nothing in the postseason.

Be patience Konex unless you want LA to turn into NYC. We might be able to get a good player for George if he is healthy and puts up some numbers. Trading him now is pure Isiah Thomas.

Rebuilding usually takes a few years. We will be back on top in 2 more years. :D

DMczaf

Rebuilding usually takes a few years. We will be back on top in 2 more years.

That's what I said back in 1999...until I learned the truth.

a_krause_i.jpg

"Yes, we traded away Elton Brand and Ron Artest for a Big Mac Extra Value Meal at McDonalds. I told everyone it's a great trade for the short term."

bionic77

DMczaf said:
That what I said back in 1999...until I learned the truth.

a_krause_i.jpg

"Yes, we traded away Elton Brand and Ron Artest for a Big Mac Extra Value Meal at McDonalds. I told everyone it's a great trade for the short term."

:lol

That is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Hopefully Mitch can doesn't take Konex's advice.

Then again, hopefully Konex predicts this Lakers team to be the worst team of all time. That alone might carry us to a fluke championship this year. :D

Cloudy

Banned
bionic77 said:
Rebuilding usually takes a few years. We will be back on top in 2 more years. :D

Why waste 2 years of Kobe's prime? >_< Dixon is a guard who likes to play D and can score when he needs to. I doubt the Wiz would give him up anyways :lol

The real problem is the coaching anyways. Put some pressure on the ball, you moron!!!!!

bionic77

Cloudy said:
Why waste 2 years of Kobe's prime? >_< Dixon is a guard who likes to play D and can score when he needs to. I doubt the Wiz would give him up anyways :lol

Because it takes time to build a winner. You seem like a smart guy Konex, but sometimes I wonder. You seem to think that by adding a good point guard we will suddenly be a championship team? The team we have plays no defense, doesn't pass the ball, and can't rebound. We are AT LEAST two years away from another serious shot at the title unless we pull a Detroit and everyone gets injured on our way to the title.

The two years is assuming Mitch can make a bunch of perfect trades, the team comes together, and we get some good draft picks. A lot to assume.

bionic77

Cloudy said:
The real problem is the coaching anyways. Put some pressure on the ball, you moron!!!!!

And who is going to pressure the ball? Kobe is probably the only guy on the team with the wheels to do that, but if he plays that much defense he won't be able to do shit on offense.

Stop blaming Rudy T when the team is garbage talent wise right now. He might be a short term solution, but he is doing about as well as can be expected with what he has.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
DMczaf said:
That's what I said back in 1999...until I learned the truth.

a_krause_i.jpg

Don't forget Brad Miller!

Cloudy

Banned
I don't expect the Lakers to be a championship team anytime soon but I expect them to be fukking competitive and play some defense. They can't be competitive with the way Rudy is using the guys (Cook and Tierre in crunchtime? Is he serious?!?!) and I think I'll shoot myself if I see 2-3 again vs. a sharp-shooting team!!

With some defensive-minded players and better coaching, they'd have a MUCH better record. Everyone on this team is expendable besides Kobe, Lamar, Caron and JJ IMO...

bionic77

Cloudy said:
I don't expect the Lakers to be a championship team anytime soon but I expect them to be fukking competitive and play some defense. They can't be competitive with the way Rudy is using the guys (Cook and Tierre in crunchtime? Is he serious?!?!) and I think I'll shoot myself if I see 2-3 again vs. a sharp-shooting team!!

With some defensive-minded players and better coaching, they'd have a MUCH better record. Everyone on this team is expendable besides Kobe, Lamar, Caron and JJ IMO...

It takes time though man. This team is all young guys who have never played together before and most of them have never been in a winning situation before either. You are being way too impatient and expecting way too much from Rudy T. If they are still playing this garbage type of ball this time next year I will agree, but it is just too soon to make any judgments.

Cloudy

Banned
And who is going to pressure the ball? Kobe is probably the only guy on the team with the wheels to do that, but if he plays that much defense he won't be able to do shit on offense.

Everyone. They have no size but they still allow teams to set it up and throw it inside. They have no perimeter defense outside of Kobe yet they sit back in thet fukkin' 2-3 and watch guys torch them. Scoring is not this team's problem. If they played a lick of D, Kobe wouldn't need 30 for them to win!!!

Stop blaming Rudy T when the team is garbage talent wise right now. He might be a short term solution, but he is doing about as well as can be expected with what he has.

Bullshit! He is not coaching AT ALL They are just running isos and shooting threes all day. Hardly any movement without the ball! It's quite pathetic to watch. The team has no discipline on either side of the ball and the only defense they run is 2-3. Even against teams like Dallas and Seattle!!! The team HAS a lot of talent. In fact, they win most of their games on talent. They are confused as hell and Rudy doesn't have a freakin' clue what to do.

They have a PF in Slava who rots on the bench while a SF and (first option) with Kobe out picks up cheap-ass fouls and can't stay on the court cos he's playing the 4. Luke, the best playmaker on the team can't get PT while Brian Cook who does nothing but shoot 3s gets heavy minutes. As soon as they get a 10 pt lead, he puts the all-scrub lineup in and they fall behind immediately. And these are just a few observations from the last few games!! What kind of coach encourages three point shooting when most of the team are average shooters at best, stink on the offensive boards and are TERRIBLE at transition defense?

Hakeem was even better than I thought he was if he can make Rudy seem like a good head coach :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Oh and the Lakers are LAST in opponent turnovers. DEAD last! That shows they are not even trying to play defense. You gotta blame the defensive scheme (or lack thereof) for that...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ninja Scooter said:
fuck Rudy Tomjonavich. Its too bad Kermit Washington didn't finish the job he started.

And its too bad Kobe isnt in jail,we cant always get what we want.

Cloudy

Banned
Funny how the Lakers announcers were ripping Vince for not being "aggressive" and shooting jumpers in the first half. Why should he drive when he was wide open and shooting 50%? :lol

SKluck

Banned
This Knicks/Pistons game is brutal. :lol The Knicks didn't really start too bad, they were actually leading for a while in the 2nd. But they just gave up at the half.

Final score 91-61 Pistons :lol.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
if the bulls end up losing it's 100% skiles' fault. he plays the 2nd quarter with nothing but our scrubs. what the fuck? piatkowski and pargo = awful. but hey, leave gordon, hinrich, and curry on the bench the whole quarter. it's not like you want a lead or anything.

Bowser

Larry says he wouldn't mind being the next Knicks coach :lol

edit: :lol how the fuck are the Hornets down only 3 to the Spurs at half?

Bowser

Eminem said:
if the bulls end up losing it's 100% skiles' fault. he plays the 2nd quarter with nothing but our scrubs. what the fuck? piatkowski and pargo = awful. but hey, leave gordon, hinrich, and curry on the bench the whole quarter. it's not like you want a lead or anything.

3660.jpg
2638.jpg

"HEY! We resent that!"

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
:lol

the only decent thing about that 2nd quarter was Pike draining a 3 from nearly goddamn half court. he stopped his dribble, ricky davis backed off thinking "that scrub can't shoot that" and then Pike drained the shit from like 4 feet behind the line. it was nuts.

but yeah, other than that and him having the same first name as me, he's goddamn worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom