• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
This match works, just need to have Heyman and they Authority get into it, HHH run his mouth about his match with Lesnar and his current position, just get the hate between the two going, Heyman can pull this off easy, and with the Authority touting Rollins as the "Future", I think you could almost have people liking either heel, possibly even liking on Lesnar even as a heel.

Lesnar vs Cena, or Bryan at WM31 would be SUUUUUCCH a LET DOWN!!!!!!!

I don't see how Rollins doesn't come out looking a loser in this scenario. He loses at the Rumble, likely eating the pin in the process, he can't beat Bryan after Bryan goes 30 minutes with the "Beast", then he continues to lose to Bryan in successive rematches because Bryan must have a long title reign.

Rollins is getting crushed and you're killing the MITB gimmick with another failed cash-in.

He's a heel, he's supposed to lose. Nothing about his booking suggests he can win without the help of several lackeys and handicaps in his favor.

found the best gif of 2015

Yd2Iq.gif

Heroman

Banned
This match works, just need to have Heyman and they Authority get into it, HHH run his mouth about his match with Lesnar and his current position, just get the hate between the two going, Heyman can pull this off easy, and with the Authority touting Rollins as the "Future", I think you could almost have people liking either heel, possibly even liking on Lesnar even as a heel.

Lesnar vs Cena, or Bryan at WM31 would be SUUUUUCCH a LET DOWN!!!!!!!

Rollin vs Bryan can and will happen anytime in the future but Bryan vs Brock is probably a once in a life time fight.

Ithil

Rollin vs Bryan can and will happen anytime in the future but Bryan vs Brock is probably a once in a life time fight.

Sure, but a Bryan/Rollins Wrestlemania main event would probably be a match for the ages too, they would both want to have the MOTY and both would be more than capable. Bryan/Lesnar will be a huge missed opportunity if it never happens but I would be compltely happy with either match as main event.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
Can I just have Brock vs Bryan in Hell in a Cell please.

How in the world is a little dude like Bryan gonna take on Lesnar in a cell match and make it believable, UNLESS hes just getting stomped!

He needs a cardio kid and a technichian to make him and the other guy shine.

Sephzilla

I don't see how Rollins doesn't come out looking a loser in this scenario. He loses at the Rumble, likely eating the pin in the process, he can't beat Bryan after Bryan goes 30 minutes with the "Beast", then he continues to lose to Bryan in successive rematches because Bryan must have a long title reign.

Rollins is getting crushed and you're killing the MITB gimmick with another failed cash-in.

It would be consistent booking with how Rollins has been booked so far at least. I'm pretty sure Rollins hasn't had a legitimate win ever since he turned on The Shield. The only difference is that during a Bryan feud Bryan could be someone who manages to survive Rollins dirty tactics. Have the failed cash in at Mania. Have Rollins vs Bryan as the main event for Extreme Rules or Payback. Then have Rollins win the MITB briefcase again and have him kind of lurk and threaten cash ins on Bryan while Bryan goes off to have other feuds.

But really, Rollins is kind of destined to have something happen that ultimately undermines his credibility a little bit so long as he's affiliated with The Authority. Rollins finally losing a few matches wont hurt him too much I think, it's not like he hasn't won a bunch of matches (albeit dirty) in the last year or so.

Sometimes I feel like the only person here other than Nocturnowl who doesn't hate Kane.

Really...? Love him or hate him, he's a jobber to everyone, and, above all else, deserves nothing short of respect for actually being considerate of other wrestlers.

However... He should retire before he gets hurt. I'd rather he not get hurt, and I say that as a fan.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
How in the world is a little dude like Bryan gonna take on Lesnar in a cell match and make it believable, UNLESS hes just getting stomped!

Please tell me you're being sarcastic, please. I don't want to lose MORE faith in humanity than I already have...

strobogo

Banned
Brock had matches with Rey Mysterio and Tajiri and made them look like they could beat him. There is absolutely no reason why Bryan can't look legit against Brock. In fact, that's why the match would be so rad. Bryan seemingly being way out match, but then chopping the big man down with elbows and knees and looking like a total bad ass by standing with him. HHH is as big as Brock and Bryan looks credible against him last year. He's looked legit against Cena. Against Ryback. Against Roman. Anyone can look believable against anyone. It's not a real competition like throwing a heavyweight fighter against a middleweight. It's pro wrestling and small guy vs little guy always works.

You mother fuckers are trying to ice skate up hill over thinking it.

guys.

the duane reade near my office had 90% off all xmas candy.

that's like 30 cents for a bag of reese's trees.

I ate so much of it.

I'm falling into a silllleeeennnnnnt rage.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
Sure, but a Bryan/Rollins Wrestlemania main event would probably be a match for the ages too, they would both want to have the MOTY and both would be more than capable. Bryan/Lesnar will be a huge missed opportunity if it never happens but I would be compltely happy with either match as main event.

Id pass on ever seeing Brock and Bryan, its just not a beliveable match, one that either Bryan could actually win, and or Lesnar could actually "wrastle" at Daniel's level in, it just doesnt work well.

Rollins and Bryan could be a Hart/Michelas or even Dragon/Macho, I think they could put on one of the best matches of all time.

strobogo

Banned
Id pass on ever seeing Brock and Bryan, its just not a beliveable match, one that either Bryan could actually win, and or Lesnar could actually "wrastle" at Daniel's level in, it just doesnt work well.

Rollins and Bryan could be a Hart/Michelas or even Dragon/Macho, I think they could put on one of the best matches of all time.

Have you never seen a Lesnar match before 2012?

Ithil

If you are bringing believability into it, then no one in WWE should beat Brock, as he is a trained MMA fighter (as well as a physical freak) that would murder anyone in WWE if it was "real".
It's not real, so can the believability talk. Someone like Reigns is not more believable than Bryan, and at least Bryan has his speed and grappling skills to construct a match with a good David/Goliath story.

Sephzilla

Brock vs Bryan is a totally believable match. If you saw some of his matches back when he was more in his prime you'd totally know he can go at Bryan's level.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
Brock had matches with Rey Mysterio and Tajiri and made them look like they could beat him. There is absolutely no reason why Bryan can't look legit against Brock. In fact, that's why the match would be so rad. Bryan seemingly being way out match, but then chopping the big man down with elbows and knees and looking like a total bad ass by standing with him. HHH is as big as Brock and Bryan looks credible against him last year. He's looked legit against Cena. Against Ryback. Against Roman. Anyone can look believable against anyone. It's not a real competition like throwing a heavyweight fighter against a middleweight. It's pro wrestling and small guy vs little guy always works.

You mother fuckers are trying to ice skate up hill over thinking it.

I dont even like Cena, and I have to disagree, Bryan and Cena was not a good match, Cena just cant wrestle, and when you have a guy like Bryan who can actually do some wrestling, it just hinders the match with combersome moves over and over.

Im sorry, those matches with Lesnar and Ray were ridiculous!

Ithil

Lesnar is a NCAA champion in amateur wrestling, and since that time trained in MMA. He knows very well how to grapple.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

IT'S PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!!!!!

By this logic, Andre the Giant and Big Show be undefeated 15-50 year long world champs.

Unbelieveable, just wow.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It would be consistent booking with how Rollins has been booked so far at least. I'm pretty sure Rollins hasn't had a legitimate win ever since he turned on The Shield. The only difference is that during a Bryan feud Bryan could be someone who manages to survive Rollins dirty tactics. Have the failed cash in at Mania. Have Rollins vs Bryan as the main event for Extreme Rules or Payback. Then have Rollins win the MITB briefcase again and have him kind of lurk and threaten cash ins on Bryan while Bryan goes off to have other feuds.

But really, Rollins is kind of destined to have something happen that ultimately undermines his credibility a little bit so long as he's affiliated with The Authority. Rollins finally losing a few matches wont hurt him too much I think, it's not like he hasn't won a bunch of matches (albeit dirty) in the last year or so.

How is Rollins anymore established than Bray Wyatt was last year? They're basically in the same spot and we saw what the Cena feud did for that guy. This basically sounds like a repeat of that scenario. All of this so Brock can main event Mania mind you.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
The suspension of disbelief in that match was so damn hard to maintain.

I agree, that match was pretty silly.

Listen guys, just my opinion, not really hating on the fact a smaller guy in real life cant stomp on a big dude, but Brock has a legitimate background that EVERYONE knows and it just doesnt work well having him fight small guys, IN MY OPINION,not at this stage at least.

It cant be denied Rollins and Bryan could put on a much better match and built it up better too!!

HOLY CRAP someone uploaded 9 hours of Kenta Kobashi GHC title defenses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpnaalVZ6-0

here is another great channel for NOAH

https://www.youtube.com/user/ProWrestlingAARK

Listen guys, just my opinion, not really hating on the fact a smaller guy in real life cant stomp on a big dude, but Brock has a legitimate background that EVERYONE knows and it just doesnt work well having him fight small guys, IN MY OPINION,not at this stage at least.

It cant be denied Rollins and Bryan could put on a much better match and built it up better too!!

uh, it can be denied. I think Brock vs Bryan would be better just due to how physical each one would get. It would be WWE's version of Strong Style.

strobogo

Banned
I dont even like Cena, and I have to disagree, Bryan and Cena was not a good match, Cena just cant wrestle, and when you have a guy like Bryan who can actually do some wrestling, it just hinders the match with combersome moves over and over.

Im sorry, those matches with Lesnar and Ray were ridiculous!

You're wrong about pretty much all of that. Bryan/Cena was excellent. Brock/Rey, Brock/Benoit, Brock/Eddie, and so on were great despite the huge size differences. Bret/Diesel matches were great despite the size difference. Bryan/Morishima was great despite the size difference. Brock vs Punk was great despite the size difference.

Brock is an elite grappler and to say he wouldn't work doing "wrestling" stuff with Bryan is ludicrous. Big man vs little man is like...the second most successful story in wrestling besides patriot vs evil foreigner.

Ithil

Seems like some people have a weird view of what Lesnar can do. You can't overstate what an anomaly Lesnar was in his first WWE run. He was immensely strong and big, much more so than Vince's "built for show" body builders, but he was super fast and agile, and could keep up with Kurt Angle in mat wrestling. He was no "big brawling slow guy".

Sephzilla

But you're applying realistic logic to something where realistic logic doesn't actually apply.

If we're applying that then absolutely nobody should be able to beat Brock, ever. Hogan should have never been able to beat Andre. Mayweather should have been killed by Big Show. Bret Hart wouldn't have been able to beat Yokozuna. Marc Mero would have actually done something in his career. Etc

Ithil

Brock would crush anyone in WWE if it was "real". Who exactly would you recommend instead of Bryan to beat Lesnar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom