• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

If you really want to see how Vince wanted WCW dead from the start when he bought them, check out the location of where they did the first 'WCW on Raw' thing. Ok. Now look at the Raw next week and see where they put that.

And tell me which you would have put 'WCW' on if you wanted it to succeed.

Oh wow.

7/2/01; Tacoma, WA; Tacoma Dome
7/2/01 - included an in-ring segment in which Steve Austin and Kurt Angle argued, with each man taking turns hugging Vince McMahon to prove that it was the other man who didn't belong; moments later, Shane McMahon interrupted, challenged Vince to the Inagural Brawl at Invasion, and said that history would be made later in the night as - for the first time in a WWF ring - the WCW World Heavyweight Title would be on the line:
The Undertaker (w/ Sara) defeated WWF IC Champion Albert via disqualification when Diamond Dallas Page interfered, hit Taker with a steel chair as Albert was set up for the powerbomb, and followed up with the Diamond Cutter; moments later, while distracted by Sara, Kane attacked DDP from behind and Sara eventually hit DDP with a low blow
Molly Holly (w/ Spike Dudley) pinned Crash Holly (w/ Jackie) with the Molly-Go-Round after Jackie dropped Crash throat-first over the top rope
Tajiri defeated Scotty 2 Hotty
Chris Jericho defeated the Dudley Boyz in a handicap match by pinning D-Von with the Lionsault after Spike Dudley interfered and hit the Dudley Dog on Bubba Ray, landing on D-Von
WWF Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac defeated Christian
Rhyno defeated Test; due to prematch stipulations, Rhyno became the #1 contender to the Hardcore Title
Matt Hardy & Lita defeated the Big Show & Trish Stratus when Lita pinned Trish with the moonsault; after the match, Jeff Hardy hit a missile dropkick on Show while he was verbally assaulting Trish for losing the match
WCW World Champion Booker T fought Buff Bagwell to a no contest when Steve Austin and Kurt Angle interfered; Austin, Angle, and Bagwell triple teamed Booker all the way backstage before throwing him out of the arena; moments thereafter, Austin and Angle jumped Bagwell and threw him out of the arena as well

7/9/01; Atlanta, GA; Phillips Arena
7/9/01:
The Undertaker (w/ Sara) (sub. for Shane McMahon who allowed Taker to take his spot) fought Diamond Dallas Page to a no contest in a streetfight when Shane attacked the Undertaker from behind with a kendo stick and helped DDP in double teaming him; moments later, DDP hit the Diamond Cutter on Sara when she tried to attack Shane; after the incident, Sara was taken from ringside on a stretcher
The Acolytes defeated WWF Tag Team Champions the Dudley Boyz to win the titles when Bradshaw pinned D-Von with the Clothesline from Hell after Spike Dudley interfered and broke his crutch over Bubba Ray Dudley
WWF IC Champion Albert (w/ X-Pac) pinned Rhyno with the scissors kick after avoiding the Gore, with X-Pac suffering the move instead
The Big Show pinned Jeff Hardy with a chokeslam as Hardy leapt off the top; after the bout, Trish Stratus - who had come ringside midway through the contest - kissed Hardy and the two left ringside together
WCW World Champion Booker T (w/ Shane McMahon) pinned Kurt Angle after hitting him with the title belt; WCW referee Charles Robinson made the pinfall as WWF referee Earl Hebner fought with WCW referee Nick Patrick, the original referee for the bout who was biased towards the champion, on the floor
Chris Jericho & Kane fought Lance Storm & WWF Hardcore Champion Mike Awesome to a no contest when Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer came out of the crowd and attacked the WWF team as Jericho had the Walls of Jericho applied on Storm; within moments, the ring filled up with the Dudley Boyz, Tazz, Justin Credible, Rhyno, and Raven who then joined RVD and Dreamer in attacking their own WWF teammates; as the brawl settled down, Paul Heyman left the commentary table, entered the ring, and made it clear that the war between the WWF and WCW had just been taken to the extreme as the new ECW group was formed (Tommy Dreamer's debut and RVD's return to WWF TV after a 4-year absence)
WWF Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac pinned Scotty 2 Hotty by blocking a sunset flip and holding the ropes for leverage
Billy Gunn, the Big Show, Hardcore Holly, WWF Tag Team Champions the Acolytes (Team WWF), Kanyon, Shawn Stasiak, Mark Jindrak, & WCW Tag Team Champions Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (w/ Shane McMahon) (Team WCW) fought Tazz, the Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer, Rob Van Dam, Justin Credible, Rhyno, Lance Storm, Raven, & WWF Hardcore Champion Mike Awesome (Team ECW) to a no contest when the WCW contingent joined forces with the ECW team in attacking the WWF team; as the show came to a close, Shane McMahon announced that it was a set up before introducing the new owner of ECW - Stephanie McMahon

Thanks goes to here.

strobogo

Banned
Next set of movies:

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption featuring Wrasslegaf's own Bateaster.
Red Heat
Return of the Dragon
The Hellraiser Collection. A 6 movie set featuring Hellraiser 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

Fox318

Nah. Demographics didn't line up with what TNT wanted at the time. WCW Nitro had ratings that were hire than many of the TNT/TBS shows at the time but the big problem was sponsors. WWE of today still struggles with that.

That's because ad buyers believe the business stereotype that all wrestling viewers are poor white trash with no education.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Next set of movies:

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption featuring Wrasslegaf's own Bateaster.
Red Heat
Return of the Dragon
The Hellraiser Collection. A 6 movie set featuring Hellraiser 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

Hell yes, Red Heat.

A Day in the Life of Nord the Barbarian

One of the strangest promotional videos I've seen for anything wrestling related, as a psychiatrist guides us through a day in the life of Nord. It's only 20 minutes long and the comedy is on par with GLOW skits, but this was certainly very FnP. Here's some gifs;

feGvbYw.gif
AnzsbU9.gif
rye0qCo.gif

Is this gonna be Zayn's gimmick when he gets called up?

Xater

Next set of movies:

Red Heat
Return of the Dragon

What a collection. it features all the terrible ones. Well I guess thee is some enjoyment that one can get out of 3.

The Young Bucks are the new Buff, but with less physique and far more ability. I don't think Buff was the first guy to hit on being obnoxious to get heat, though.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
First off let me say, I hope the rumors are true that Sting and Taker collide, Secondly, I hope Brock puts a beat down on that "Broken Record" Cena, and puts Rollins in is place as well.

If the writers decide that Rollins is truly the future of wrestling with his limited time, I have to say, its time for another Stone Cold pod cast to address this!!

Seth is actually a great in ring wreslter, and is getting very good on the mic as of late, but to have him beat Brock is just wrong, he couldnt even carry Heyman's bra let alone Brock's jockstrap.

Lastly, I dont want to hate on CM Punk, and I dont wish him any true ill will, but in the words of Stond Cold, I hope the first person he faces in the UFC "Stomps a mud hole in his ass and walks it dry!!".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see Stro review Return to Savage Beach and Day of the Warrior. Both featuring Buff Bagwell.

B48JsiD.jpg

PcTIWZE.png

First off let me say, I hope the rumors are true that Sting and Taker collide, Secondly, I hope Brock puts a beat down on that "Broken Record" Cena, and puts Rollins in is place as well.

If the writers decide that Rollins is truly the future of wrestling with his limited time, I have to say, its time for another Stone Cold pod cast to address this!!

Seth is actually a great in ring wreslter, and is getting very good on the mic as of late, but to have him beat Brock is just wrong, he couldnt even carry Heyman's bra let alone Brock's jockstrap.

Lastly, I dont want to hate on CM Punk, and I dont wish him any true ill will, but in the words of Stond Cold, I hope the first person he faces in the UFC "Stomps a mud hole in his ass and walks it dry!!".

image.php

Ithil

Meltzer's choice for WM main event is:
If Brock re-signs, Lesnar vs Bryan
If Brock doesn't re-sign, Rollins vs Bryan

I think either would be a hell of a main event, and two completely different matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see Rollins in the Main Event for Mania. He's got the flavor. A true mega-star.

I think either would be a hell of a main event, and two completely different matches.

Both would be incredible, but one can happen anytime. The hype is too real for Lesnar/Bryan. Leaving or not it should be the main event, and it should be for the title.

Ithil

Both would be incredible, but one can happen anytime. The hype is too real for Lesnar/Bryan. Leaving or not it should be the main event, and it should be for the title.

I think because his contract would be done the very next day, it would hurt the match to know that there was zero chance of Lesnar winning.

I think because his contract would be done the very next day, it would hurt the match to know that there was zero chance of Lesnar winning.

Perhaps. It'd be nice if they could get him to sign an extension to SummerSlam, or at the very least Extreme Rules.

SaturdayNFever

Neo Member
SIDE NOTE: WTF!!!!!! Are you serious, come on JR, need a new talent manager there in the WWE.

the-ascension.jpg

I know WWE cant be thinking these guys could fill these gentlemen's boots!!!!!

Road_Warriors_Hawk_and_Animal.jpg

I really had my doubts about Rollins ever since he was in the Shield. Of course he had the inring skills but he suffered on the mic. Ever since his marvelous heel turn, I've warmed up to him. He does his role well as the chickenshit heel and he has a finisher that's being sold as some serious shit.

I know WWE cant be thinking
That is true.

Ithil

I think Brock/Bryan could work even with Brock leaving the next day. And only Bryan.

Bryan is certainly the only guy that could prevent a Goldberg/Lesnar reaction of the fans crapping on the match. Granted both guys were leaving, but it was more well known that Lesnar was leaving.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SIDE NOTE: WTF!!!!!! Are you serious, come on JR, need a new talent manager there in the WWE.

the-ascension.jpg

I know WWE cant be thinking these guys could fill these gentlemen's boots!!!!!

Road_Warriors_Hawk_and_Animal.jpg

Exactly what is your problem, JBL?

I read Kane and Luke Harper are Bryan's house show opponents. I feel so bad for anyone who was excited to see Bryan and they get the Kane end of the stick. Bryan/Harper would be amazing.

RP912

Banned
Why is Kane a fucking thing in 2015? The last great thing he did throughout his career was electrocuted shane o mac's testicles.

Let him start up with some easy matches.

Throw him in some tags. In fact, Kane should not be a singles competitor ever again. Big Show either. Throw them in a tag. So it would be, Bryan & Reigns vs Big Show & Kane. Literally what everyone of those people needs right now.

Sephzilla

Please leave, Brock.

Fuck that noise.

Brock vs Bryan could be a fantastic match and WM31 is probably the only chance we'll ever get to see it. Rollins is young and there's plenty of time to do a Bryan vs Rollins feud. If WM31 doesn't have Bryan vs Brock and Taker vs Sting I'm dubbing it the WrestleMania of missed opportunities.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bryan vs brock- wwe title
Rollins vs Orton- remember Randy?
Cena vs rusev- rusev goes over(loooooool)

Randy is just looming out there and it bothers me. I keep having this horrible vision of Cena pinning Seth at the Rumble, Seth cashing in and RKO OUTTA NOWHERE costing him the title again.

I'd rather not have Brock vs Bryan, if only to avoid weeks of complaining because some people can't suspend their disbelief to buy a guy like Bryan having even the remotest of chances against Brock. I'm sure it'd be a great match, though.

Serious question, why does anyone want Undertaker vs Sting in 2015?

Spectacle. Entrances that take 10 minutes a piece. Old men trying to reclaim a fraction of their former glory. What's not to love?

I'd rather not have Brock vs Bryan, if only to avoid weeks of complaining because some people can't suspend their disbelief to buy a guy like Bryan having even the remotest of chances against Brock. I'm sure it'd be a great match, though.

Don't give in to terrorists like Cena did.

Sephzilla

Serious question, why does anyone want Undertaker vs Sting in 2015?

Spectacle. It's the last real "dream match". I think it would be a better match than people would think. It gets the two old guys out of the way at the same time. I don't think HHH/Sting or Taker/Bray would be as entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom