• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - Super Smash Bros. (3DS): demo available now on the Nintendo eShop

Dryk

Impressions make this sound distinctly different. Going to be interesting to see, given all the combo talk.
I'm actually really pleased to hear people saying that the off-stage game will probably replace edge-guarding. Because even though I'm terrible at following people off-stage to secure kills I have a natural urge to do it.

TreIII

Well its a Namco fighting game, that is enough to make it FAR more balanced than literally every smash game ever

Indeed.

I had an inkling that things would turn out okay, so long as Sakurai was willing to allow the Namco staff that's working for him to do their jobs.

In an ideal world, Smash 4 and Pokkén both would be solid competitive options. And I think the likelihood of that is higher simply because of the pedigree working on both titles.

Awww yiss, Pikachu remains good. All I need to see now is that Marth hasn't changed much and if Fox is comparable to Melee again and my veteran fighters line up will be completed :D

injurai

Banned
So that's the full roster? I was expecting at least a couple surprise newcomers. The selection screen looks pretty filled up though.

Dryk

I had an inkling that things would turn out okay, so long as Sakurai was willing to allow the Namco staff that's working for him to do their jobs.
That was really the only thing that was ever in doubt. The team definitely know what they're doing.

One small little detail that's nice: On battlefield, small leaves fall down every now and then. Not really important, but it looks great in 3D. Was in the middle of a fight and damn near jumped out of my seat because I swear to god a leaf popped out of the damn screen.

I still can't get over how impressively the game runs. 60FPS in 3D looks so good.

Hey, look what I found

BxJZjnFIQAAEToA.jpg

Azuran

Banned
Link actually got some decent buffs?

Oh shit, I think I may have found a partner for Pit. I always wanted to love him :')

JoeM86

Woke up. Saw this. Downloaded it. Had 5 minutes on it. Love it.

Though I'm only seemingly doing well as Pikachu or Mega Man. Guess I'm out of practice. Best get the practice on before my stream Friday.

Jackano

Donwloading now!
Perfect for starting a day where I wake up a bit earlier than usual for an important meeting at work :)

Elija2

It looks like the demo has 30 uses. I guess you can leave your 3DS in sleep mode to conserve uses if you're close to running out. Don't need to play any other 3DS games when you have this.

I was hoping we'd get the demo soon, but I just realized that Smash comes out in Japan this weekend. I suppose we'll have to wait a couple weeks to get the demo then.

Lernaean

Banned
Woke up. Saw this. Downloaded it. Had 5 minutes on it. Love it.

Though I'm only seemingly doing well as Pikachu or Mega Man. Guess I'm out of practice. Best get the practice on before my stream Friday.

I know that i'm completely out of practice.
At least the 3DS version will bring my skills back until the real deal releases, which is the WiiU version :p

FSLink

Banned
I never noticed in the past demos that when Mario uses a Fireball or his Cape move, and it makes contact with the enemy, you hear the classic Fireball sound or SMW cape sound. So neat.

Hmm watching the video and seeing a 12 second black screen from the 3DS before the smash logo showed up.

I hope that is just a bad SD card and not another Brawl style boot up...

I want to not buy the 3DS version and wait for the Wii U one to come out (will probably barely play the 3DS version when the Wii U one comes out) but it's going to be soo hard.

StayDead

This is so good.gif

Messing around with megaman and I feel like he might be a really sick character when used by the right player.

Wish I could play Marth or Lucina though, oh well only 2 days :D

pronk420

oh you can be a female villager?! awesome! i wonder if you can do that in MK8 as well

i don't really get the controls, is it two buttons only? is it just the direction of the circle pad that modifies the attack?

Top Bottom