• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan - Super Smash Bros. (3DS): demo available now on the Nintendo eShop

a8VUrAp.png

https://twitter.com/coastward/status/509525193698836480

This needs to be in the game's OT or something

the superior version all along, it brought us all together x world peace

Fiktion

Banned
No way. No way.

Namco.

Smash team.

You did it.

KYLE BOSMAN, EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Though I'm not believing shit until it's in my hands.

Reposting coastward's impressions for anyone who missed them. Melee pro player and tournament organizer.

EMG | Coast @coastward · 2m

dashing pivot ftilts are gonna be the new thing you can fully dash and then just turn around and use a tilt mixup game will be unreal
EMG | Coast @coastward · 1m

EVERYONE IN THIS DEMO IS GOOD NO BAD CHARACTERS BALANCE TEAM CONFIRMED GOOD
EMG | Coast @coastward · 8m

for those spamming me about it THE GAME IS SO COMPETITIVELY VIABLE MEGAMAN CAN KEN COMBO
EMG | Coast @coastward · 21m

IMAGINE THE WII U VERSION GUYS IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES IMAGINE SMASH BRINGING WORLD PEACE TO HUMANITY
EMG | Coast @coastward · 22m

shields do indeed break fairly easily agressive playstyles may be the meta for this game.
EMG | Coast @coastward · 31m

edgeguarding is super clean, going off stage feels comfortable and there are alot of options to throw out.
EMG | Coast @coastward · 32m

THE GAME HAS COMBOS. IT IS NOT BRAWL, NOR IS IT MELEE. IT IS SMASH 4, AND ITS SUPER GOOD.
EMG | Coast @coastward · 35m

the landing lag in the smash 4 demo looks so good, it barely looks noticeable. hopefully this is the final product. it looks promosing.

I'm amused that you can apparently do all CPUs. If I'm seeing this right, there's a streamer doing nothing but CPU vs CPU vs CPU vs CPU matches and letting everyone watch them battle it out.

Does anyone have any good 3DS XL grip recommendations?

DreamGEAR Grip. Cheapest, but I don't like how squishy it feels.
Cyber Grip. Great texture and grips. Varied opinions on finger guards your fingers rest on but super pleasant to the touch. Felt the best for Smash so far.
Buddy Hand Grip. This is the one I use. Solid structure and can handle a lot of pressure.

If you have the money though, Hori's Monster Hunter styled ones look amazing. I want to get this since I love Hori grips and this one has larger shoulder button attachment (not sure how well it'll work).

For regular 3DS units, I'd look at this. It looks odd, but it's from Hori and they make solid products. It'll help relieve strain on your other three fingers which is where most handheld gaming strain comes from.

Honestly, googling "3DS grip" will yield so many interesting designs.

Fiktion

Banned
More:

Caleb @Iateyourp1e · 56s

SMASH 4 LOOKS SOOO FREAKING GOOD AND SMOOTH. REMEMBER WHEN I SAID DONT PUT ANY STOCK IN THE E3 DEMO. REMEMBER!
Even Matchup Gaming @EvenMatchup · 6m

Overall #Smash4 impressions: Very impressed. Game is fast,looks incredible,moves flow smoothly & it features a very balanced roster thus far
Even Matchup Gaming @EvenMatchup · 4m

#Smash4 info: Just tested & its now confirmed. Every character in the JPN 3DS demo has guaranteed follow ups out of grab at low percent.
ObscuricaGGC @ObscuricaGGC · 10m

There is gonna be so much off-stage dunking in #sm4sh. SO MUCH. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I wonder how the single player portion of the 3ds and wiiu games will be.

The odds of me getting four players locally is zero, but online with strangers just isn't the same.

Sakura

I don't know if it is because I haven't played Smash Bros in 84 years or if it is because it's on the 3DS but I can't get a grasp of the controls for shit.

watershed

Banned
I wonder how the single player portion of the 3ds and wiiu games will be.

The odds of me getting four players locally is zero, but online with strangers just isn't the same.

Join your local streetpass group if your area has one. Smash4 is gonna be the game for a long, long time.

2nd match with Megaman. Took me a while to figure out how to use final smash. Hitting all the face buttons at once seemed to do it. Embarrassingly rusty at Smash Bros.

Mariolee

I don't get the comments about a balanced roster though. I know they mean of the five characters playable, but to just say "balanced roster" at all when only 10% of the roster is playable seems like a little too much.

sn00zer

I don't get the comments about a balanced roster though. I know they mean of the five characters playable, but to just say "balanced roster" at all when only 10% of the roster is playable seems like a little too much.

Well its a Namco fighting game, that is enough to make it FAR more balanced than literally every smash game ever

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's just the hype.

So for everyone playing the E3 demo:

Are you guys noticing a significant difference over the E3 demo? Impressions are saying it's way smoother and the pace is more enjoyable.

SoulUnison

Banned
I haven't been this jealous of Japan since Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ released.

We get that soon, too!

I'll be there Day 1, even though I've already played the original NA release 3 or 4 times, plus fan-patched versions of FM+ twice.

2014 is the year of catching up to Japan.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Can't get hyped for this at all. On campus at my college, guys there play Project M every day and I usually get a good 2-3 hours in with them whenever I can. Something about playing Project M has killed any hype for Smash 4.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Can't get hyped for this at all. On campus at my college, guys there play Project M every day and I usually get a good 2-3 hours in with them whenever I can. Something about playing Project M has killed any hype for Smash 4.

Impressions make this sound distinctly different. Going to be interesting to see, given all the combo talk.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This demo is so awesome. I was afraid that the transition to the 3DS would be a very bad move, but it really plays great.

FSLink

Banned

As someone who loves Project M and had a long session of it last weekend, Smash 4 is fun so far.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the 3DS XL grip suggestions. I might try the Cyber one.

Project M will continue to exist and be playable, even after the demo and Smash 4 game is out. People can enjoy both games and not everyone has to be hyped about one or the other.

I personally think the streams look pretty great. I especially like how the second person recovering knocks the first person off the ledge now. That seems cool.

watershed

Banned
Some really sweet Mario combos in the X2 twitch stream but he has the CP set to lvl 1. Why not set it up to 9 and see a real fight?
Edit: Lvl 9 now!

Top Bottom