• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Japan Time! The Official Phantom Hourglass (JP) Thread

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
farnham said:
aww gimme some spoilers about aryll please.. you can use the tags.. (i dont care about spoilers at all)

Aryll is Ganon. (aka I don't think she's in the game)

Neo Child

Banned
The
5th
dungeon has the be the easiest Zelda dungeon ever, much easier than the 1st dungeon. This dungeon and the
4th
took about 20 minutes in total together to complete. The
3rd
dungeon however was far longer and much trickier, harder puzzles, got me stumped a few times. Something TP didnt do.

NotWii

Banned
Neo Child said:
The
5th
dungeon has the be the easiest Zelda dungeon ever, much easier than the 1st dungeon. This dungeon and the
4th
took about 20 minutes in total together to complete. The
3rd
dungeon however was far longer and much trickier, harder puzzles, got me stumped a few times. Something TP didnt do.
The dungeons are short, but they're great :D

Neo Child

Banned
Wii said:
The dungeons are short, but they're great :D

Only the
4th and 5th
so far really, they take about 10 minutes each, the other dungeons feel like normal length.

Darunia said:
Has anyone fully beaten the game yet? How many dungeons are there?

There are a total of
dungeons.

Zeed

Banned
TSA said:
I can't exactly just put up the mp3s for download, especially when some of them are from CDs for sale.
Yet you stream entire soundtracks, so long as people have to visit your site every time they want to listen?

I used to have quite a bit of respect for you, but what with the bait-and-switching and now this I'm starting to think you're just an attention/hit whore.

Zyid said:
Yet you stream entire soundtracks, so long as people have to visit your site every time they want to listen?

I used to have quite a bit of respect for you, but what with the bait-and-switching and now this I'm starting to think you're just an attention/hit whore.
No one's forcing you to go to his site. He's offering them as a service and yet people bitch. Don't like it? Pony up the cash and buy the cds yourself.

Neo Child

Banned
Wii said:
Eh, maybe we're just really good at Zelda games :p

No, the dungeons so far have been really lame, bar the 3rd. The 4th + 5th were soo easy, and much shorter and easier than the 1st dungeon in any other Zelda game.

Zeed

Banned
Talladega Knight said:
No one's forcing you to go to his site. He's offering them as a service and yet people bitch. Don't like it? Pony up the cash and buy the cds yourself.
Read my post again. Go on, read it. Where do I say that I want to download the music? I don't. I couldn't care less.

What pisses me off, and what I was talking about in my post, is his attention-whoring compounded by the fact that he responds to complaints with some half-assed excuse (which makes no sense whatsoever).

Zyid said:
Read my post again. Go on, read it. Where do I say that I want to download the music? I don't. I couldn't care less.

What pisses me off, and what I was talking about in my post, is his attention-whoring compounded by the fact that he responds to complaints with some half-assed excuse (which makes no sense whatsoever).
Why not? You can watch episodes of tv shows online at their respective networks, watch all Arrested Development episodes at MSN for free, yet you can't download them to your harddrive and watch them at your own leisure. Why? Because you can buy the season sets at the store, or pay to download them online. It's the same thing. He makes perfect sense.

Zeed

Banned
Talladega Knight said:
Why not? You can watch episodes of tv shows online at their respective networks...It's the same thing.
Are we talking about entire seasons, or just samples? Either way, it's the companies themselves that are putting up the shows on their own corporate websites or services they have contracts with. It's not the same thing at all.

It's pretty obvious that you're going to stick to your man no matter what, so I'm not sure why we're arguing here. You're not going to change my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not going to change yours. Also, we're getting off-topic.

Zyid said:
Are we talking about entire seasons, or just samples? Either way, it's the companies themselves that are putting up the shows on their own corporate websites or services they have contracts with. It's not the same thing at all.

It's pretty obvious that you're going to stick to your man no matter what, so I'm not sure why we're arguing here. You're not going to change my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not going to change yours. Also, we're getting off-topic.
Fair enough.

My "man"? :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Talladega Knight said:
Why not? You can watch episodes of tv shows online at their respective networks, watch all Arrested Development episodes at MSN for free, yet you can't download them to your harddrive and watch them at your own leisure. Why? Because you can buy the season sets at the store, or pay to download them online. It's the same thing. He makes perfect sense.
Your comparison falls flat because of two reasons:

#1: TSA doesn't have an affiliation with Nintendo
#2: Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess don't have actual OSTs out there. What he's hosting are game rips, not soundtrack CDs (okay, so there's an 8-song TP disk out there, but that's like less than 10% of the game's tracks)

Zyid said:

Dear lord...back off. I don't want to provide downloads because that's completely illegal. It isn't for hits - hosting the mp3s for download would attract more hits, believe me. I wanted to provide a way for people to just listen to the tracks, and if they like them, they can go out and buy the ones that are for sale.

Because I'm not going to be running a fan site in about a week? If my new site is going to compete at all, it needs something like that. Anyway, this is going to go off-topic, so I'll just give it a rest.

duckroll

I REALLY like Phantom Hourglass. I would say more, but I'm not into spoilers, especially for Zelda. That's the same reason why I don't read this thread. Will contribute more when I'm done with the game, but wow. It's awesome.

Lee N

Membre
ゼルダGET!

zeldaph.jpg

duckroll said:
I REALLY like Phantom Hourglass. I would say more, but I'm not into spoilers, especially for Zelda. That's the same reason why I don't read this thread. Will contribute more when I'm done with the game, but wow. It's awesome.

If Duckroll likes a touch game than it must be damn good. :D

NotWii

Banned
AniHawk said:
Better than LA? Same as LA? Better than TWW?

PLACE THE SERIES IN A ">" ORDER NOW PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW THIS.
It's hard to say right now.
All I know right now is I felt much more satisfied with PH than I did when I beat TP.
I feel that I've still got a lot to explore in the ocean (unlike when I beat TP), I haven't even got the fishing rod yet, but I'm saving those surprises for the English version

I guess for now...
OOT > MM > PH > TWW > TP
&
LTTP > PH > LA > TLOZ > Z2:AOL > MC > OOS > OOA

AniHawk

Wii said:
It's hard to say right now.
All I know right now is I felt much more satisfied with PH than I did when I beat TP.

I guess for now...
OOT > MM > PH > TWW > TP
&
LTTP > PH > LA > TLOZ > Z2:AOL > MC > OOS > OOA

Is it a little more story-intensive like MM and TWW, or does it take a step back like LttP and the Oracles?

EDIT: I guess you wouldn't know if you don't know Japanese.

NotWii

Banned
Alkaliine said:
First off, what did you think of TP?
Apart from the awesome dungeons, it could've been much more.
It lacks a lot of 'Zeldaness' that even Wind Waker had.
Still a great game.

NotWii

Banned
AniHawk said:
Is it a little more story-intensive like MM and TWW, or does it take a step back like LttP and the Oracles?

EDIT: I guess you wouldn't know if you don't know Japanese.
Skipped all the text, but it is more story driven than the old 2D titles, the cutscenes gave me an idea of what was going on and what I needed to do.

Can't wait for the English version!

randomwab

My copy arrived earlier and i'm finding it hard to pull myself away from it. The game plays great (with the exception of rolling and sometimes the spin attack) and it looks fantastic. You can tell alot of effort went into this title, it really is a proper Zelda game.

And anyone else want a Paper Zelda after seeing the intro? :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Wii said:
Skipped all the text, but it is more story driven than the old 2D titles, the cutscenes gave me an idea of what was going on and what I needed to do.

Can't wait for the English version!

Uhhhhh

NotWii

Banned
Viceroy Fizzlebottom said:
Were you able to read the text? I can't imagine playing this game without being able to read clues and hints throughout.
I have very basic japanese knowledge, so I didn't read much.

There were occasions where I got really stuck and had to break out a jap -> eng dictionary to translate anything I could for a hint.
I learnt that shinden means shrine or temple.

But you can get by most of it on regular Zelda intuition since most of the clues are visual, eg. when gossip stones give you the order to pull switches or they show you something on the map.

sp0rsk said:
Huuuuu

Neo Child

Banned
Anyone want a shot of online?

Three questions:
1. How do i register friends?
2. In online mode, what is the "play with anyone" button?
3. In online mode, what is the "play with friends" button?

There are at least three parts I recall where if you don't know Japanese, you're screwed pretty much - unless you trial-and-error to death (like I did). But for the most part, 99% of gamers who don't know Japanese are using a guide or seeking help on GameFAQs for a few parts in the game.

I do apologize for how long it is taking to get the videos up. This is why I need direct capture devices...recording off camera, then dumping it to PC adds an extra step, and quite a lengthy one. I have up to
Dungeon 4
recorded.

I have a question, though. On the front page walkthrough, should I start using spoiler tags even for saying like Dungeon # this or Sea Chart # that?

Top Bottom