• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jay-Z Turns Down Offer to Perform at 2018 Super Bowl

If true, he wouldn't be a good fit for a Super Bowl Show really, only Outkast and Kanye could work if we're talking rappers.

Jay's shows are incredible though.
Fade To Black and Tidal B Sides>>>>>

smurfx

get some go again
lol the nfl wants ticket sales for performing at the superbowl? glad jay z is saying no. hopefully that starts a chain and many decline to perform.

Gattsu25

Banned
At least some celebrities aren't being a disappointment.

lol the nfl wants ticket sales for performing at the superbowl? glad jay z is saying no. hopefully that starts a chain and many decline to perform.

Nice show of solidarity on Jay Z's part.

Yep.

I know Jay's in a position of financial privilege so saying no is easier for him than most but I honestly hope others would say no as well.

border

Does Jay-Z have enough family-friendly hit songs to do a halftime show?

J-A-Y I flow sick
Duck all y'all haters, row quick

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I want to believe that it's solidarity with Kap and not the money so imma go ahead with that.

Slayven

I want to believe that it's solidarity with Kap and not the money so imma go ahead with that.

I mean the dude does do stuff like this on the low

http://ew.com/music/2017/06/18/jay-z-fathers-day-bail-out/

Jay Z isn’t the only one having a very special Father’s Day this year. Thanks to the rapper, many fathers who are currently behind bars awaiting bail will now be going home.

The Songwriter’s Hall of Fame inductee recently penned an op-ed for Time in which he not only identified the for-profit bail bond industry and “its predatory lending scheme” as one of the major factors contributing to the United States being one of the most incarcerated countries in the world, but also pledged to give money to organizations that would help bail out men currently being held pending bail.

“If you’re from neighborhoods like the Brooklyn one I grew up in, if you’re unable to afford a private attorney, then you can be disappeared into our jail system simply because you can’t afford bail,” he wrote. “Millions of people are separated from their families for months at a time — not because they are convicted of committing a crime, but because they are accused of committing a crime.”

He later referenced organizations like Southerners On New Ground and Color of Change that bailed out moms for Mother’s Day. “As a father with a growing family, it’s the least I can do, but philanthropy is not a long fix, we have to get rid of these inhumane practices altogether. We can’t fix our broken criminal justice system until we take on the exploitative bail industry.”

Loxley

I would love to live in a world where, like Trump's inauguration, the only musical act the NFL can get is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

xaosslug

wan't the rumour they wanted him to perform w/ JT? That's probably why he turned it down. Also, too cheap to pony up the $$. LOL

Acorn

Jay-Z doesn't seem like he'd fit for a SB performance. As a guest sure, but not a headliner.
People said that shit about Glastonbury and he won everyone over.

Like or hate the man he can go live, dude repeatedly goes without a hype man too. Best live breathe control I've ever seen.

Slayven

People said that shit about Glastonbury and he won everyone over.

Like or hate the man he can go live, dude repeatedly goes without a hype man too. Best live breathe control I've ever seen.

Considering the last few half time shows were meh to garbage they could use something to shake it up.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Jay-Z doesn't seem like he'd fit for a SB performance. As a guest sure, but not a headliner.

No hate but you've never seen a concert lof his. I think it is fair to say, kinda of easily too that when you are at his concert, there are so many bonafide hits that most people know the words to, that's aren't performed. He misses albums and years of songs. Last time I saw him, no Big Pimpin, No Money Ain't A Thing, those were monster hits. He doesn't move, he stays in his imaginary box and rocks the crowd. Amazing live performer.

kswiston

Anyone big enough to be booked for an NFL halftime show doesn't really need an NFL halftime show to boost their popularity.

Acorn

Considering the last few half time shows were meh to garbage they could use something to shake it up.
Agreed.

As soon as he played 99 problems every doubter would jump on his dick, just like Glastonbury. It's his shut the fuck up rock fans song.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
NFL's got this backwards if they think they're the ones making those artists more popular. If anything it's the artists that drag non-football fans to watch the Super Bowl.

But I'm not surprised. The NFL started drinking their own Kool aid years ago.

Mortemis

Banned
Anyone big enough to be booked for an NFL halftime show doesn't really need an NFL halftime show to boost their popularity.

Yeah. I'm kinda confused about this shit, what's the point of a big performer paying for the halftime show.

I mean I guess it's worth it if past performers did it.

Top Bottom