• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
What was the nature of the communication with this friend? Was it txt? Didn't someone call him out and ask him for pics of the txts with the timestamps?

Amir0x

Banned
Gaz Pwnage said:
i forgot about that. Man this guy must be really fucked up to go out and take pics to try and save face

According to Meus Renaissance who has the pic, he also took a picture of the calling card he got from an officer who worked there. This was the ultimate proof he was going to produce to prove once and for all that he actually met a real police officer and got a real calling card and everything!

And of course that must mean he is genuinely concerned about a missing person raped/murdered sister.

CrankyJay said:
What was the nature of the communication with this friend? Was it txt? Didn't someone call him out and ask him for pics of the txts with the timestamps?

unfortunately we don't even know what these so called txts even said

CrankyJay

Banned
metamonk said:
didn't he say her dad or someone close to him (or her) was a police officer?

I believe it was the "friend" whose dad was the chief of Ashland police.

OK...playing this back in my mind, fucker was making it up. It was pretty convenient that this "friend" stopped txting him back after he said he contacted the police and that they hadn't heard anything about this.

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Whoompthereitis said:
Holy fuck, what the shit? Last time I checked this thread it was like 15 pages long...

basically he lied about everything. Big surprise ;)

Right now we're going over the latest bizarre message while batting back theories about the precise order of events the bullshit took

CrankyJay said:
I believe it was the "friend" whose dad was the chief of Ashland police.

OK...playing this back in my mind, fucker was making it up. It was pretty convenient that this "friend" stopped txting him back after he said he contacted the police and that they hadn't heard anything about this.

Yay one more for the truth club!

*pops the cork on a bottle of wine* :D

CrankyJay

Banned
Seriously Amir0x, if you're so entertained, you should probably unban him for for a bit so we can see him work so hard to keep this going. :lol

You know, for entertainment's sake.

LaserBuddha said:
THE EARTH IS FLAT
fox.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
CrankyJay said:
Seriously Amir0x, if you're so entertained, you should probably unban him for for a bit so we can see him work so hard to keep this going. :lol

eh that'd be like playing with your food and it'd be kinda inappropriate :p

As it is, he has several surrogates on GAF who are content to post information for him (I've gotten various PMs since last night with information relating to him in some way), and I've informed them all that if they have any details (whether it exonerates him or proves 110% that he is lying) to PM me the details.

S1lent

While I can understand where the 'he was tricked' camp is coming from, there are far, far too many details that don't make sense under that scenario for it to be more likely than he just made all this shit up. This leads me to believe that the majority of people peddling 'he was tricked' scenario are those that haven't really read the entire thread and absorbed all of the absurd details.

Side note, but THANK YOU JESUS, Shanadeus appears to have given up his insane "he was lied to but his gf's sister really is missing!" theory! That was getting unbearable.

I think it's pretty clear that the only logical explanation here is that JBaird dreamt this whole scenario into existence, we're all figments of his imagination as his subconscious mind wrestles with the decision on whether or not to troll neoGAF with this very thread, and tomorrow morning when JBaird is done having a 'ly dow' we will all cease to exist.

CrankyJay said:

Like I said above, how do we know JBaird isn't already operating under another username and posting in this very thread? The story he concocted leads me to believe he's got multiple guises up his sleeve.

Amir0x said:
As it is, he has several surrogates on GAF who are content to post information for him (I've gotten various PMs since last night with information relating to him in some way), and I've informed them all that if they have any details (whether it exonerates him or proves 110% that he is lying) to PM me the details.

Ah...

MassiveAttack said:
Like I said above, how do we know JBaird isn't already operating under another username and posting in this very thread? The story he concocted leads me to believe he's got multiple guises up his sleeve.

IP address would give it away?

Shanadeus

Banned
S1lent said:
Side note, but THANK YOU JESUS, Shanadeus appears to have given up his insane "he was lied to but his gf's sister really is missing!" theory! That was getting unbearable.
Either the sister is really missing or whoever it is who's sending replies (Bri, Friend or JBaird) is lying.

CrankyJay said:

Yeah, someone did ask him for pictures of the txt's on his phone. He ignored the request.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm confused about this sister thing. Apparently her sister's name is Jessie or Jennifer or something but on her MySpace she says her sister's name is "tristian jewl thompson"?

WTF? :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ZZMitch said:
It is usually a good thing to find out someone has not been killed...
Its funny how many people missed out on the fact that there wasn't even a missing persons report filed. JB didn't even call the police until the next fucking day, and before then he went on about how he 'wasn't physically able to' or some shit.

ZZMitch

Kraftwerk said:
Unban jB for the threads 100th page celebration O:

50th, peasant.

DY_nasty said:
Its funny how many people missed out on the fact that there wasn't even a missing persons report filed. JB didn't even call the police until the next fucking day, and before then he went on about how he 'wasn't physically able to' or some shit.

I was not talking about him, I was talking about in general.

Amir0x

Banned
Shanadeus said:
Anyone has a link to her myspace?
I want to investigate this closer.

nah, we're gonna not give out the information this time around. Was a mess to clean up last time :p

Horsebite said:
Summary of events since 6pm?

a few people came up with more elaborate theories about how he could possibly maybe not be entirely at fault, and me and a few core dudes stuck to the same simple truth that JBaird made it all up.

Other than that, lots of lulz and entertainment in this discussion.

S1lent

Shanadeus said:
Anyone has a link to her myspace?
I want to investigate this closer.

We're all eagerly anticipating your thoughts. I mean, look at how well you've pieced together the existing info into a totally coherent and sensible theory...

Jackson50

Since JBaird's lies have led to a thread 50 pages long (and counting!) and (initially) caused emotional turmoil for many of GAF's posters, I would like to present him with an award...congratulations, JBaird, you deserve it.

Amir0x

Banned
Jackson50 said:
Since JBaird's lies have led to a thread 50 pages long (and counting!) and (initially) caused emotional turmoil for many of GAF's posters, I would like to present him with an award...congratulations, JBaird, you deserve it.

heh

"The Pinnacle of douchedom" made me chuckle

RyanDG

That myspace message actually is making me think that someone completely unconnected to Jbaird (or the 'Bri' in question) has control of the myspace acct is now screwing with GAF for even more laughs.

AkuMifune said:
I'm with this. And god, I'd love to see the transcript of their correspondence.

JBaird (31949748) (522442477)..To:::::Sweet Bri::::..Date: Aug 18, 2010 6:45 PM..Subject: Re: mess

bri,.kan.u, like. hey.this.guy.mit.tex.you.about.your.sis missing, can.yu.say.she.mssng?

::::Sweet Bri:::: (522442477)..To: JBaird (31949748)..Date: Aug 18, 2010 6:47 PM..Subject: Re: mess

wat.u? c.lik.u.sis? y.yal.stil.tex.me?

JBaird (31949748) (522442477)..To:::::Sweet Bri::::..Date: Aug 18, 2010 6:49 PM..Subject: Re: mess

n, jus.kus.i.lik.banned.from.gaf.Bri, jus pleese hep me..

::::Sweet Bri:::: (522442477)..To: JBaird (31949748)..Date: Aug 18, 2010 6:49PM..Subject: Re: mess

wat.gaf?

JBaird (31949748) (522442477)..To:::::Sweet Bri::::..Date: Aug 18, 2010 6:53PM..Subject: Re: mess

a.kewl form, bby.jus.please.say.lik.yur.sis.is.mssing..pleese!

:lol

UNBAN JBAIRD!!!

Just look at this thread! He has contributed more content to GAF than anyone in a long time. He has earned it.

You know he will post in this thread again. YOU KNOW IT!!!

owlbeak

Jackson50 said:
:lol :lol Very, very nice.

Edit: I am also on board for at least a temporary unban of JBaird, purely to see how the thread would develop.

stuminus3

Amir0x said:
No my theory is that it's his GF merely posting at the behest of JBaird, after he apologized and convinced her to play along the sweep it under the rug.
Aargh damnit Amir0x, it can be so frustrating sometimes reading your posts when you get the right thought in your head, what the heck is this? :lol

Look, I agree on nearly all fronts, JBaird is batshit insane and one way or another this has just been a wild rollercoaster ride of non-stop bullshit. He's permabanned and the world's a better place for it. But it's not out of any realm of possibility that the genesis of this whole thing is some equally attention starved bimbo on Myspace. It happens, I have seen it happen so many times since online chat got popular in the mid 1990s (even posted a story of my own that's gotta be a good 12 years old), by the exact same token as you're saying that most of the crazy shit on GAF is posted by nothing but attention whores (which I agree with, by the way), there are crazy women ('?') pulling the same attention whoring shit on poor suckers on everything from the OG AOL to Myspace, if one group exists there's no reason the other shouldn't. "Unfriend/Ignore/Move On" only applies when you're talking about regular internet people in a regular situation, and you yourself agree that not everyone posting on the internet is "regular"... this is two sides of the same coin we're talking about here.

The thing is now that none of us will ever actually know the truth, unless there's GAFfers out there that are even creepier and go find the dude in real life and inject him with a truth serum or something (please don't, GAF). We'll never know for sure. The absolute most important thing is that nobody actually got murdered or raped or went missing here, that's something we can all agree on for sure, it's really all just been about the lulz since yesterday afternoon.

Tntnnbltn

Jackson50 said:
Since JBaird's lies have led to a thread 100 pages long (and counting!) and (initially) caused emotional turmoil for many of GAF's posters, I would like to present him with an award...congratulations, JBaird, you deserve it.
Fixed.
50ppp.4.lif,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom