• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Forza Horizon 5 is Set in Mexico

jhjfss

will i be able to race with a yellow filter?
vUUUjXR.jpg

DonF

lol the title reads like those ´nobody´ memes

nobody:
not one person:
not a single soul:

Jeff Grubb: Forza Horizon 5 is Set in Mexico​

Could you imagine having to scout locations in Mexico? :messenger_neutral:
This is what's happening if this rumor is true. I've been there, stayed there - it's densely populated. The streets aren't great for driving, way too many
people in most suburban areas. And lots of roads are actually dirt roads. And they hang people from bridges fairly commonly and behead people in Mexico.

Not an idea place for a drive. They are noticing right now it is not a sought after driving destination, doesn't show up on any of the top spots for a drive.

And are having to scout locations with what is probably a large team as none of them want to be abducted and or murdered if this rumor proves true.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Probably easier to get Mexico location to work on previous generation consoles due to the landscape.

Japan if it us next will be next generation only and the landscape there I imagine is much more demanding.

Only guesses obviously.

Can you please explain how is Mexico less demanding than Japan? You think it's all like in Breaking Bad and it's all desert? It's more demanding than Japan, not less.

The Shepard

I'd prefer Japan as it could still have the seasons but Mexico will do. Horizon 4 was excellent, set in my home country, best racing game of last gen.

Last edited:
Location sounds great but I'm hoping for a revamp in how the game is structured. What's the development time on this compared to the other games? Have they had enough time to change things up?

Certinty

Can’t be worse than the UK to be honest. The map in 4 was so outright bland without much variety at all, they relied too much on the seasons gimmick to mix it up.

I doubt Playground can ever beat their Australia map in the third game anyway, that was pure perfection in variety. What a masterpiece.

xrnzaaas

That sucks. Weather will clearly not play an important role like in Horizon 4, even in sunny weather it's likely not going to be as exciting as Australia / southern Europe. Also there aren't even that many interesting cars originating from Mexico to expand the car list with some cool local picks. Horizon 3 had that with Aussie cars and Horizon 4 with British cars - both countries had tons of cool new cars for the devs to choose from.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Why do auch people enjoy spoiling the official announcement so much?
I wish I could somehow filter out all these so called insiders with their useless leaks. Currently the only way is to stop visiting any gaming site.

I don't see how this kind of info benefit me in any way, while it spoils the official announcement and E3 conference.

reksveks

Forza have tons of qualities, but cities are always so lifeless they seem like an abandoned movie set instead of real cities. Put some life on the streets.
It would be interesting to see if that is something that they could do on the Series x version and leave out in the one version. I think it's a cross-gen game coming this year.

Fox Mulder

Why do auch people enjoy spoiling the official announcement so much?
I wish I could somehow filter out all these so called insiders with their useless leaks. Currently the only way is to stop visiting any gaming site.

I don't see how this kind of info benefit me in any way, while it spoils the official announcement and E3 conference.

this leak probably gets all the internet disappointment out of the way before it’s revealed at E3 or whenever.

mrmeh

If its out this year year, map will be done, so scouting locations has happened long time ago.... Japan would have been cool but Mexico is also great.. Volcano's, snow capped mountains, tropical forest, arid desert, towns/cities.... modern, colonial Spanish, Maya/Aztec architecture.

Preferred FH4 to FH3, super excited for this :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Banjo64

cumsessed
If only R* would release a new Midnight Club.
Just need a NFS Underground 3 to be honest. Couldn’t give a shit if EA think it encourages street racing or whatever bullshit they thought. They sell games where you straight up shoot a mother fucker. Neon lights, loud base, huge spoiler and side skirts - they’d make bank on it.

Riky

$MSFT
After this come out they should reboot PGR set in Japan, that would be an awesome comeback for the franchise.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Indeed. A lot of people here know shit about Mexico it seems.

Yeah, nah. Been to over 40 countries wouldn’t even rank in the top 10. Let alone 20 if I actually put my mind to it.

Still interested in it but, long as I get to outrun the cops this time when they try and arrest me unless they get their bribe

I want Japan, but Mexico is nice, too.
That game will sell gangbusters in Mexico.

Sales in the country of origin are always higher than comparable installments.

Dural

Will be interesting to see what they do with it; will it be Cancun and the Yucatan jungles and pyramids or Mexico city and Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta and some desert? I guess they could also choose Baja and have some windy roads along the Pacific from Tijuana to Ensenada and the Baja 500 all the way down to Cabo?

Top Bottom