• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Forza Horizon 5 is Set in Mexico

Starfield

SCJSsAs.png

Y9VtHJj.png

yEpSAr2.png

G6IMGuA.png

oooohhh I'm blinded by the night

hWjhH.jpg

I really hope they make the shit colorful. Having just watched Man on Fire, every shot besides being a shaky zoom, was orange tinted as hell. Whereas Mexico is a colorful ass place in general.

Most beautiful beaches on earth, deserts, jungles, mountains, cities, baja, coastline

yeah...I'll go with Mexico every day over Japan

I've been to both places a few time. I def. preferred Japan, which I'd attribute to the architecture and history. But Mexico is fucking gorgeous, awesome beaches, awesome mountains, sweaty ass jungles. Both places would be great settings, Mexico being the one chosen doesn't bug me one bit.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
i think it could be interesting ....I would like to have a Forza H where you run between skyscrapers and populous city streets (not necessarily Japan!)... but mexico also has several nice places to drive in .... and then I'm happy to finally drive on the correct side !!

GODDAMNIT
Yeah, it’s the one thing I don’t like with this serie now, we’ve had two games in a row with left side driving, it’s time for a swap.
I don't get this. It's a racing game why are you even bothering to stay in the lane when you should be hitting correct lines?

Spokker

No offense, most cities in Japan are literally just buiidings on top of buildings. Yay concrete with concrete.
The movie Whisper of the Heart had something to say about this.

Concrete roads
Everywhere I go
Covering
West Tokyo
Chopped down forests
Buried the valleys
My home town's
Concrete roads

Last edited:

Fredrik

GODDAMNIT

I don't get this. It's a racing game why are you even bothering to stay in the lane when you should be hitting correct lines?
Because it’s open world with traffic and it just feels wrong, other cars drive on the wrong side of the road and the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car, even just looking at cars in photo mode feels wrong since the driver is sitting on the passenger seat.

drotahorror

You play as a man who's family has been kidnapped by the Cartel. You murder, torture, and drive fast to get them before their clocks run out.

Sounds pretty cool. Finally a racing game with an interesting story.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Sorry for my ignorance but is there parts of Mexico where it could snow?
I know they have big mountains so maybe.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
no thanks. there's nothing in mexico.

japan would've been better.
Then you haven't been to Mexico. The country is absolutely gorgeous with a significant number of different biomes.

Although for the true Mexico City experience, I want to be at a standstill on the highway and have people walking in between the lanes offering to sell me cigarettes or soda ;)

Verchod

Could be great, certainly scope for loads of variety.
It's really down to what they do with it though isn't it, I didn't really enjoy 3 & 4.

Patrick S.

Banned
Eh... I like my open world driving games to be in places where I'd love to be spending time in real life. Escapism and all that. Mexico is probably in my top five of places where I'd NEVER want to go as a blonde foreigner. That shit would always be at the back of my mind :/

kyussman

Looks like from now on they are only setting the Horizon games in places where Xbox has good market share...UK,Mexico....so all you guys waiting for Japan.....gonna be a long fucking wait,lol.

Vognerful

Why do auch people enjoy spoiling the official announcement so much?
I wish I could somehow filter out all these so called insiders with their useless leaks. Currently the only way is to stop visiting any gaming site.

I don't see how this kind of info benefit me in any way, while it spoils the official announcement and E3 conference.
Maybe it was due to CPU limitations

Vognerful

Nice, Mexico is beautiful

No offense, most cities in Japan are literally just buiidings on top of buildings. Yay concrete with concrete.

Edit: sorry for the triggers lol just think many places would be more interesting than japan for an open world racer. (Not discrediting japan)

Edit 2: I get it, I'm wrong. Calm the nerd bloomers
You are right. all the scenaries are actually outside the concrete forests of Tokyo and Osaka (Kyoto is nice though)

Spacefish

All the weebs can be heard crying out in pain...

man where the fuck is japan, it's the only non western country on earth with a decent car culture and they have some of the coolest architecture and nicest landscapes and I wish I was fucking living there right now.

Catphish

GODDAMNIT

Because it’s open world, and it would be nice if the traffic in game played by the same rules as what I’m used to in everyday driving.

reksveks

Is it really confirmed just because he said so? he gets a lot of stuff wrong and could just be passing on the rumor we all heard.
Go on collaboration aka both jez and Grubb seems to have heard the same thing, and also remember that timeline and shit changes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom