• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Forza Horizon 5 is Set in Mexico

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I hope they don't remove seasons because it gives the map a different atmosphere, just let us choose the weather, tod, season and things like that in single player. The game is gonna be huge, its been too long now. Can't wait to play it (hopefully i can grab a GPU by then :pie_confounded:).

I was really hoping for Japan :-/
it would been nice but im also happy that we can drive on the correct side of the road this time 🤷‍♂️.

Senua

Gold Member
I hope they don't remove seasons because it gives the map a different atmosphere, just let us choose the weather, tod, season and things like that in single player. The game is gonna be huge, its been too long now. Can't wait to play it (hopefully i can grab a GPU by then :pie_confounded:).

it would been nice but im also happy that we can drive on the correct side of the road this time 🤷‍♂️.
Like anyone keeps to a side of the road in these games anyway

Iced Arcade

Nice, Mexico is beautiful

No offense, most cities in Japan are literally just buiidings on top of buildings. Yay concrete with concrete.

Edit: sorry for the triggers lol just think many places would be more interesting than japan for an open world racer. (Not discrediting japan)

Edit 2: I get it, I'm wrong. Calm the nerd bloomers

Last edited:

Cravis

super troopers GIF

I feel like the name Jeff Grub was just recent said to be totally not trusted.

I could be wrong because I don't pay much attention, but I believe it's over a Returnal review.

Could be wrong though.

jaysius

Banned
This one needs to be more than a new map, it needs to make winning matter MORE than merely placing ANY place in a race.

Also it’s about time they stop the lie about drivatards being the AI of your friends, the periods of time I was offline because my Xbox Gold lapsed and I was too lazy to setup a wired or any connection the AI was just as boring and predictable as ever with the same shitty pack shapes as always.
Also we need more than shitty F2P style rolls of a wheel as leveling up rewards.

This needs to be more than a rotten husk to be filled with paid DLC.

Horizon 1 was an incredible game, the best of the series, they lost EVERYTHING that made the series great in 2 and never bothered to get it back.

elliot5

I feel like the name Jeff Grub was just recent said to be totally not trusted.

I could be wrong because I don't pay much attention, but I believe it's over a Returnal review.

Could be wrong though.
Which is ridiculous because it's a review and his review was totally fair. Reviews are subjective. Some people just get upset at scores and metacritic values.

He wasn't even the one to first hint at Mexico being FH5's location, it was Jez from WindowsCentral. He's just corroborating it and saying the cat's out of the bag now.

Fox Mulder

They can make a suitable and varied map anywhere really, so Mexico is fine. MS has to know the thirst for the Japan setting in Horizon.

Fox Mulder

This one needs to be more than a new map, it needs to make winning matter MORE than merely placing ANY place in a race.

Also it’s about time they stop the lie about drivatards being the AI of your friends, the periods of time I was offline because my Xbox Gold lapsed and I was too lazy to setup a wired or any connection the AI was just as boring and predictable as ever with the same shitty pack shapes as always.
Also we need more than shitty F2P style rolls of a wheel as leveling up rewards.

This needs to be more than a rotten husk to be filled with paid DLC.

Horizon 1 was an incredible game, the best of the series, they lost EVERYTHING that made the series great in 2 and never bothered to get it back.

Horizon lost the progression over time, but H4 is also now the highest played game in the franchise. They make it for a big casual audience.

The Lego expansion did tie more things to actually winning for conpletion though. I liked that they finally included the kinds of missions in the game that Test Drive Unlimited had in 2006.

ACESHIGH

Banned
They need to do something regarding progression, rewards and car selection. Put more european and japanese cars there. No pick up trucks or modern cars. Car design went down the drain in the 21st century.

Also I really don't care about the terrible avatar rewards in horizon 4. Horizon 3 reward system was way better.

Fox Mulder

You can play Spotify on Xbox while playing Forza. Couldn't you just mute the music in-game and do that?

I want a streaming station, so it’s integrated in the game properly with music starting with races, having skill songs, or even the DJ interactions. Just piping in Spotify over the game isn’t the same.

AJUMP23

Are you going to be a coyote or a smuggler in Mexico?

when I think great driving roads, Mexico isn’t in there.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
I'm not particularly familiar with Mexico and its landscapes - which is a good enough reason for me to check out a game that shows off the natural beauty of its locations.

elliot5

I want a streaming station, so it’s integrated in the game properly with music starting with races, having skill songs, or even the DJ interactions. Just piping in Spotify over the game isn’t the same.
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that'd be cool to have integration in the mixing like that.

Banned
They better have a streaming option or something. The soundtrack sucks when you play this game for 300 hours.

they had a streaming option in 3.... but Grove Music closed down :/
Spotify integration would be amazing. they should try to get a deal going where you can use Spotify without ads natively in Forza Horizon 5, and with an option to have the usual radio hosts talk between songs. so that you can have the Horizon atmosphere but your own music choices.

With the number of weeks and times I've been to Mexico - out of 2 of those times, which I visited - none of the roads were in fact roads that made me think to myself "Man what a great place to go for a drive"

Ever. Ever....

Not saying there aren't any but Mexico isn't what I think of when I think about great places to go for a drive. German Autobahns, scenic paved highways do typically. Paved gridded out straight crowded streets of Mexico do not.

Mexico fails to even make most all top 20's lists for places to drive. It doesn't even make any top 10 lists.

Last edited:

NikuNashi

Can someone explain how the 100% impartial Grubby get inside confidential information from Xbox first party developers?.

SinDelta

So two big franchises that so far seem to not want their next entry in Japan.

Assassin's Creed and now Forza Horizon it seems.

Ghost Of Tsushima made up for the first, being an Assassins Creed game in Japan but dialed up to 11. I wonder if someone will be doing a Forza Horizon influenced racing game set in Japan, or if its simply not feasible?

Last edited:

ancelotti

Honestly, a bit of a bummer, I'm sure it will be fine but like others I was hoping for Japan (or even China). I thought the FH4 map was somewhat uninspiring, but at least Mexico should have a greater variety of terrains. I'm curious to see how they're going to scale the map this time.

Top Bottom