• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Tomorrow you all are gonna pee out of your freaking butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

//DEVIL//

I have been calling/hopping to ban fake insiders for a while. If nothing happens, can we ban these 2 from here ? I believe this is not the first time they have been proving wrong.

onesvenus

Sony announced the Bungie acquisition on Jan 31st, and Sony's fiscal report was released on Feb 2nd. The deal for Bungie was in the works for months. Just because acquisitions are announced, that doesn't mean they finally reached an agreement that same day.

Look at the Bluepoint acquisition. Sony's Japanese Twitter account accidentally posted the picture of Bluepoint joining the PlayStation family at the end of June, and they didn't officially announce it until the end of September.

This doesn't mean an acquisition is happening. Jeff just mentioned the end of the fiscal year.
You are right, although that excludes public companies then because those deals can't be kept secret.
So no SE, Capcom or Kadokawa

Thirty7ven

Banned
You are right, although that excludes public companies then because those deals can't be kept secret.
So no SE, Capcom or Kadokawa

Kinda, only when a formal bid is presented. But they work on these deals in secret behind doors first.

That’s what happened with MS - Acti, it’s not like we knew from the get go. That one was in the works since last year.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
How is this thread 5 pages long? He literally said that he knows nothing.

People are damaged.

ED5nI6A.png

Thirty7ven

Banned
How is this thread 5 pages long? He literally said that he knows nothing.

If these two guys are trolling then that just about confirms they are PlayStation haters. Haven’t seen them trolling Xbox this way.

Either way it’s good to me, people can just stop pretending.

onesvenus

Sony is buying;
Ubisoft
Konami
Kojima Production
Square Enix
SEGA
Capcom
Bamco
EA

No idea if it’s possible but anyone or some of those could possibly cause some leaking
Except for Kohima, all those are public listed companies. Sharing details of a sale before it happens is a crime. If that were to happen, only the top folks at Sony and the other company would know before telling their shareholders

Fredrik

Except for Kohima, all those are public listed companies. Sharing details of a sale before it happens is a crime. If that were to happen, only the top folks at Sony and the other company would know before telling their shareholders
Things can leak. But I guess nothing there would go under ”you’ll never see it coming” so I don’t know.

Star-Lord

You could put a pin in the calendar on any weekday and vaguepost there will be a "Big announcement". Then just choose the biggest one that broke that day and claim that's the one you had insider knowledge of.
Okay, so I’m predicting this coming Friday, the 32nd March 2022, that Sony will announce the acquisition of Valve and reveal Half-Life 3: Episode 2 Directors Cut (VR Edition) for PS5 and PSVR2.

nush

I have been calling/hopping to ban fake insiders for a while. If nothing happens, can we ban these 2 from here ? I believe this is not the first time they have been proving wrong.

I think the best thing is to have a dedicated "Insider leaker" topic where all of them can get posted instead of giving them a dedicated topic each week/day. At this point it's clear there are a lot of insider grifters vagueposting something is going to happen soon.

EviLore EviLore Would this be workable?

Why does everyone assume it's an acquisition, particularly Capcom? I know they were cozy with them for Street Fighter, but I just don't know where that rumor gained traction.

Square has been mostly PlayStation for some time throughout the history, but again I don't see it.

To me, the most likely scenario would be that Sony acquired the licenses for Konami IPs in a partnership, or they acquired Kojima Productions.

The latter are both fairly significant, but aren't ridiculous big ol' publisher snags, which is just *not* good for gaming, no matter which console you support.

Kojima has mostly always been PlayStation-centric, so it makes sense in a way. Big news, but not totally Earth shattering for everyone.

Nothing will be as significant as Microsofts Acti-Blizzard purchase. I get people want Sony to "counter" that somehow, but I mean...

Holammer

What are the things that could make the gamer scene lose its collective urine via the butthole?
Emphasis on 'collective' here, as Persona 5 or Gravity Rush for PC for example would be neat, but they are niche products.

- GTA6 trailer
- Bloodborne PS5 resolution/framerate upgrade and PC version.
- First PS5 game ports to PC.
- MS/Amazon/Meta acquiring one or more Japanese developer(s).
- New Nintendo hardware reveal.
- Nintendo going PC.
- Industry giants partnering/mixing blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom