• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Cordez: Sources say Xbox in talks to bring FFVII:Intergrade to Xbox

Hestar69

of course it is..its been 4 years squares gonna want more $$$$ from it and then theyll port 2 in 2025/6 I bet.. sucks xbox only ppl have to wait this long for it but its a good game and part 2 gonna be GOTY (calling it now)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
artwork.php
frieren-sosou-no-frieren.gif

Chuck Berry I take back what I said.......give him hell!

Last edited:
Since 2020 with the same rumors, what an obsession with FF7 Remake, if at least there was a legitimate interest in buying it and playing it on Xbox then okay, but the only thing I see is taking a card from the rival and little else.

How can you react like this ? If that's a game he cared so much about he could just buy a PS5, fuck even a used 200$ PS4... Those streamers actors are so pathetic.
In his defense, apparently he plays it on PC/PS, but has been on some personal campaign to get it on xbox and was working on it for like a decade or something.
But still, he definitely hammed it up for the clicks.

I was always shocked it never came to begin with. To me seems like Sony must have locked it down completely I see no other reason not to have it. Maybe they are waiting for MS to come to them just because they can.

K2D

Banned
If I were the one from Sony at the negotiations table, I'd make sure the part 1 comes out on PC and Xbox 'eventually', then for part 2 and part 3 to be exclusive for the rest of the generation if not longer.

As it should, assuming this is true.

Hope it isn't a day 1 GP deal, so it can sell, and then maybe GP.

Rebirth shouldn't take fucking 4 years like this, given Switch 2 will be out by September this year, so, probably by March/April next year for Xbox/Switch 2/PC.

Last edited:

RickMasters

it IS insane
Really….. when so many games like Elden ring, Alan wake 2, armoured core and others are NOT on gamepass? You have to buy those games if you want to play them……
Think About It GIF by Identity

What’s the narrative here?

I subscribe to Netflix but I still go to cinemas and buy films digitally.

I subscribe to music software makers like pro tools but still buy hardware interfaces, keyboards and drum machines….

I have an iTunes account but still have an insane ( see what I did there?) vynil and CD collection.

Are some of you so hard up for cash that it’s one or the other? Is it that Hard to believe people do both? These subs are cheap tho…. What’s insane about it bro? Tell me . I’m all ears if like to know your thoughts on it.

Really….. when so many games like Elden ring, Alan wake 2, armoured core and others are NOT on gamepass? You have to buy those games if you want to play them……
Think About It GIF by Identity

What’s the narrative here?

I subscribe to Netflix but I still go to cinemas and buy films digitally.

I subscribe to music software makers like pro tools but still buy hardware interfaces, keyboards and drum machines….

I have an iTunes account but still have an insane ( see what I did there?) vynil and CD collection.

Are some of you so hard up for cash that it’s one or the other? Is it that Hard to believe people do both? These subs are cheap tho…. What’s insane about it bro? Tell me . I’m all ears if like to know your thoughts on it.
wow....You will be doing the that with or without game pass. that's the point

fallingdove

Lol…. Xbox gamer here…… so how would you explain the 800 digital games in backlog if I don’t buy games? I’m sure I’m not the only one. I can have gamepass and still buy games, on Xbox….. I know….. it’s fuckin insane right?
Lowered expectations and an excess of disposable income?

RickMasters

wow....You will be doing the that with or without game pass. that's the point
Simple. I like having lots of games. I also don’t like paying for fifa and madden or F1 and now WRC every year….. but I still want to play them with my friends who absolutely are casuals who won’t touch the games I buy even if they were PS owners. So Intead of buying those games every year. I buy the stuff that’s not on gamepass. The balder gate 3s and the Armoured cores of the world ( I love that game)… but I also get to mess with things like that SD fundal game…. I’ve been exposed to the greatness of yakuza and ended up buying all of them before the first three got removed from gamepass. I haven’t even mentioned the games I started playing in gamepass like dragons quest…. Always knew it was gonna leave gamepass before I could finish it…. So I bought it with a nice 30% gamepass discount and used one of my Xbox rewards vouchers worth 25 bucks at that…. I got that game for 8 bucks. Then relegated it to the backlog, and continued blitzing yakuza, while dipping into smaller indies like moonscars.

Bruh….. I’m just asking you as a fellow gamer… tell me how any of that sounds like a negative for me as a gamer…. Forget that I’m an Xbox gamer for a moment…. Does any of what I said above sound bad as an experience with gamepass since day one? I own and play more games than over ever owned in my life. Just sucks that I don’t have enough to time to finish anything or try everything. My back log is over 800 games. My gamepass library has over 300 more. Some of which I already own but not even close to half of what’s on there. It’s been nothing but good. To be totally honest. I’ll ask again… respectfully…What’s insane about it tho? I got all these options. I wouldn’t even mind one of them Samsung or Xbox Fridges with the led screen on them …. Play some slow burner game like age of empires or some turn based JRPG like persona while my Brockly beef slow cooks on the crock pot. I think it’s pretty cool. Futurist even. 😅😆

Simple. I like having lots of games. I also don’t like paying for fifa and madden or F1 and now WRC every year….. but I still want to play them with my friends who absolutely are casuals who won’t touch the games I buy even if they were PS owners. So Intead of buying those games every year. I buy the stuff that’s not on gamepass. The balder gate 3s and the Armoured cores of the world ( I love that game)… but I also get to mess with things like that SD fundal game…. I’ve been exposed to the greatness of yakuza and ended up buying all of them before the first three got removed from gamepass. I haven’t even mentioned the games I started playing in gamepass like dragons quest…. Always knew it was gonna leave gamepass before I could finish it…. So I bought it with a nice 30% gamepass discount and used one of my Xbox rewards vouchers worth 25 bucks at that…. I got that game for 8 bucks. Then relegated it to the backlog, and continued blitzing yakuza, while dipping into smaller indies like moonscars.

Bruh….. I’m just asking you as a fellow gamer… tell me how any of that sounds like a negative for me as a gamer…. Forget that I’m an Xbox gamer for a moment…. Does any of what I said above sound bad as an experience with gamepass since day one? I own and play more games than over ever owned in my life. Just sucks that I don’t have enough to time to finish anything or try everything. My back log is over 800 games. My gamepass library has over 300 more. Some of which I already own but not even close to half of what’s on there. It’s been nothing but good. To be totally honest. I’ll ask again… respectfully…What’s insane about it tho? I got all these options. I wouldn’t even mind one of them Samsung or Xbox Fridges with the led screen on them …. Play some slow burner game like age of empires or some turn based JRPG like persona while my Brockly beef slow cooks on the crock pot. I think it’s pretty cool. Futurist even. 😅😆

Nothing wrong with it at all. You're a gamer and sounds like you're having the time of your life.

I personally wanted nothing to do with MS after the Xbox one reveal. I just don't trust the company and I feel like their messaging and strategy is all over the place with no real clear direction. I don't want to be invested in an ecosystem like that.

I was so glad to see Xbox gamers get Yakuza though. I got exposed to the series when I went to PS and fell in love with it. So many other niche JP titles\series I've found since then that aren't on Xbox that I'm glad I left. It honestly just makes sense for me because I love Japanese titles and I love JRPGS and Xbox is missing some of the best ones.

RickMasters

Lowered expectations and an excess of disposable income?

it’s called having a job…… but on topic….Nothing but generations of bangers 1st and third party in my collection….. and probably a bunch of great games you never experienced. presume much?

And not to be so presumptuous, myself but….. I bet your gassed about certain upcoming about certain upcoming remasters and yet more superhero game sequels for the next decade, though eh?… cute. 😅

Belthazar

Corden says that nothing is confirmed, but according to his sources, negotiations are underway about Final Fantasy 7 Remake on the Xbox Series and this could result in the arrival of one of the most desired games by the Microsoft Gaming community.​

So... He said nothing.

NonPhixion

And not to be so presumptuous, myself but….. I bet your gassed about certain upcoming about certain upcoming remasters and yet more superhero game sequels for the next decade, though eh?… cute. 😅
Sounds like this dumb fuck thinks the single studio Insomniac Games is all Sony has. Crying laughing emoji here

Barakov

Gold Member
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade-key-visual.jpg

According to Jez Corden of Windows Central, a well-known voice within the Microsoft Gaming community, Via Eurogamer , Phil Spencer is negotiating with Square enix for the arrival of Final Fantasy 7 Remake on his company's consoles.

Corden says that nothing is confirmed, but according to his sources, negotiations are underway about Final Fantasy 7 Remake on the Xbox Series and this could result in the arrival of one of the most desired games by the Microsoft Gaming community.
Angry Kermit The Frog GIF by Muppet Wiki

I heard that one before.

I will ask you the same: Forget that you are an xbox gamer for a moment.

and then look at the overall gaming landscape:
Mobile, PC and Consoles.

Am i saying GP is negative for you as a gamer? No. What i am saying is that the overall landscape of gaming makes possible to access a bunch of games in different ways and at differents price points. Having a backlog is quite meaningless if you dont play the games.

Epic has been giving away games without a subscription fee or weird engagement gamification practices.
Steams has insane deals constantly and on PC you could use emulation to play old games as well.
Consoles usually have deals as well, and of course tend to have the best in clase games thanks to First Party Studios.
Despite all the trash, shovelware predatory GaaS practices, I see mobile gaming as the truly sub-indie space, sometimes i surf mobile gaming to discover games that are well designed (and maybe done by one dude). Little experiences that last less than an hour.

All of the above create a gaming landscape that offers games you couldn't play in a lifetime, quite literally

Game Pass big marketing hook is to offer "Day One Quality/AAA Games and all First Party Day and Date" on the service. This is the promised land Phil brings from the heavens; to not pay full price for quality, Otherwise, what is really the value GP brings to the table?.

The issue here is that if it sounds too good to be true... well, it's because it is.

So, enjoy Game Pass and the backlog it provides sooner rather than later.

Jez Corden's "sources" are about as valued as the poop out my ass, when it comes to Square-Enix stuff. He's been hawking these talking points for YEARS crying constantly about FF games not being on Xbox, despite the fact he barely even plays Xbox himself.

So just more clickbait drivel worth turning a blind eye to.

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFVII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFVII for Xbox Series or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Damn I love this meme. Too bad AmiROX turned out to be a ped0.

Also Draugoth Draugoth you gotta do better with your thread titles buddy.

Last edited:

fallingdove

it’s called having a job…… but on topic….Nothing but generations of bangers 1st and third party in my collection….. and probably a bunch of great games you never experienced. presume much?

Wow. What a brain dead comment.

So you’ve made a few bucks selling gas station hot dogs and amassed a backlog of 800 imaginary bangers. Good for you? I don’t see how that makes my comment presumptuous. Again — Lowered expectations and an excess of disposable income.

Don’t quite understand the remake and superhero game comment. You seem to be grasping at console warrior straws. I’ve owned every console since the Super Nintendo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It's going to be the usual loop.

1. Square-Enix: Refuses to sell JRPGs on Xbox because the system basically doesn't exist in Japan.

2. Finally releases a JRPG title

3. It doesn't sell because they failed to cultivate an expectation and community for these sort of games

4. Square-Enix: Wonders why the title didn't sell

5. Stops releasing JRPGs on the system again.

6. They try again a few years later with no change in the result.

7. Square-Enix: Doesn't think it's worth the effort anymore so they now expect Xbox to shoulder some of the porting cost to release it on Xbox.

RickMasters

I will ask you the same: Forget that you are an xbox gamer for a moment.

and then look at the overall gaming landscape:
Mobile, PC and Consoles.

Am i saying GP is negative for you as a gamer? No. What i am saying is that the overall landscape of gaming makes possible to access a bunch of games in different ways and at differents price points. Having a backlog is quite meaningless if you dont play the games.

Epic has been giving away games without a subscription fee or weird engagement gamification practices.
Steams has insane deals constantly and on PC you could use emulation to play old games as well.
Consoles usually have deals as well, and of course tend to have the best in clase games thanks to First Party Studios.
Despite all the trash, shovelware predatory GaaS practices, I see mobile gaming as the truly sub-indie space, sometimes i surf mobile gaming to discover games that are well designed (and maybe done by one dude). Little experiences that last less than an hour.

All of the above create a gaming landscape that offers games you couldn't play in a lifetime, quite literally

Game Pass big marketing hook is to offer "Day One Quality/AAA Games and all First Party Day and Date" on the service. This is the promised land Phil brings from the heavens; to not pay full price for quality, Otherwise, what is really the value GP brings to the table?.

The issue here is that if it sounds too good to be true... well, it's because it is.

So, enjoy Game Pass and the backlog it provides sooner rather than later.
A couple things:

Just because the overall landscape offers a multitude of marketplaces it does not mean I’m going to subscribe to all of them. I’m going to subscribe to the best. As it stands… as a sun… GPU easily stands heads and shoulders above the rest. It just is what it is?

My backlog will always be there even if GPU stopped existing tommorow because those are games I bought. And will continue to buy more. It’s the only game service I’m subscribed to and it just so happens to Ebony he console I play all those third party games that I buy on. Pretty convenient eh?

You hinge too much of GPUs value on AAA experience but discard Xbox push for indies on the service. Stuff like mooncrest and cocoon should not be. Rushed aside just because they don’t cost 70 bucks, feature an over the shoulder cap view and woke messages trying to be an adult themed game. It ain’t always gotta be like that.

And just to get this out the way. Aside from some sports games I play with long time friends, sea of theives (the chill game) and halo, I don’t play much GAAS games. I play single player and indies as much as any of you. Difference is have a tonne of options on one console and service that I just so happen to access in my PCs and TVs around my house. Can you do that with epic or PSN? And it’s not like I need PSN to play death stranding, returnal Spider-Man on my PC during studio downtimes anyway ( you can really appreciate t the sound design more on these games if you play them in a recording studio 😅)

This are my options and they suit me just as those other options you mentioned are better suited to somebody else. I would say I was a very early adopter of digital downloads on console way back on X360. I still have shit like guardian heroes, Daytona USA and radiant silver gun on the same machine I play forza, halo, Elden ring and others on. I’m good with what I got 👍🏿. And there’s more to look forward too. You say it all seems to good to be true but. Here we are anyway. People say it’s not a sustainable business model….. but people are also not a multi trillion dollar company and don’t have the slightest clue what they are talking about when it comes to what MS are doing. It’s been very evident since the ABK thread last year. I say let those of us who like the service enjoy it for what it is. It obviously has some value to us. I know I’m liking it. Certainly liking where they Vs re going with it.

But as it so happens they own a shit tonne of AAA studios these days so let’s see how it all plays out. Last year was Luke warm but this year they got a hot hand ( I’m sure the 18th will give people like myself even more confidence to sub scribe over the next 12 months to say the very least). I know I’m looking forward to avowed, hellblade 2, and others as far as first party and I’ll still be buying the games I care about that are not in GPU as and when I feel too. AAA.. AA, indie, whater. If it floats my boat and it’s not on GPU I buy it. If it’s on the device I’ll play it as and when I got time. If it leaves the service and I miss it… hey… i can always buy it in a sale later on. No big deal. Too many games. Not really enough time is there? Nothing is gonna change there. I’ll just buy what I want and play what I want when I want.

I’m even gonna try streaming GPU from my phone to my head unit in my car( got a lovely alpine ILX F511) one of these days when I’m just chilling.

I just want to see them hit a new plateau for quality and consistency as far as first party. In time that will only make the service more value for money. But they have to start from where they are. The bottom.last place….. but hey…. Ain’t too many people starting from last place with as many studios as they have these days.

Also looking forward to not having to pay for COD every year at some point. I only buy it for my friends. Will be glad to just download and discard it every year for the next one on GPU.

RickMasters

Wow. What a brain dead comment.

So you’ve made a few bucks selling gas station hot dogs and amassed a backlog of 800 imaginary bangers. Good for you? I don’t see how that makes my comment presumptuous. Again — Lowered expectations and an excess of disposable income.

Don’t quite understand the remake and superhero game comment. You seem to be grasping at console warrior straws. I’ve owned every console since the Super Nintendo.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣…… you sound like one of them hurt, pasty, incel muthafuckaz. Just making up insults to look tall on the internet… why do it? I was being nice too. You know you don’t talk to people like this in real life. Be polite. . Go Touch grass, kid. Or go play your Super Nintendo or something. 😆

Last edited:

RickMasters

Shrugs Sounds like this dumb fuck thinks the single studio Insomniac Games is all Sony has. Crying laughing emoji here
Now now….. no need for childish insults. I know they have other studios. I even own some of those games these days.

Hey….. starfield wasn’t all that, and Xbox is last….Feel better now?

Snoop Dogg Idk GIF by NBC

Kumomeme

from other perspective, if FFVII Remake for Xbox launch this year on same year as FFVII Rebirth,

it probably would end up as unintended stealth marketing for PS5 lol

imagine current PS5 owner already play second game Rebirth while Xbox players just get the first game. then they got curious more after finished the Remake. if they turn out has a thirst to play the continuation game after Remake, but cant wait for Rebirth to come to Xbox/PC due to timed exclusivity and fear that it might gonna take another 3-4 years for it happen, they probably end up gonna buy PS5 for it lmao.

Last edited:
A couple things:

Just because the overall landscape offers a multitude of marketplaces it does not mean I’m going to subscribe to all of them. I’m going to subscribe to the best. As it stands… as a sun… GPU easily stands heads and shoulders above the rest. It just is what it is?

My backlog will always be there even if GPU stopped existing tommorow because those are games I bought. And will continue to buy more. It’s the only game service I’m subscribed to and it just so happens to Ebony he console I play all those third party games that I buy on. Pretty convenient eh?

You hinge too much of GPUs value on AAA experience but discard Xbox push for indies on the service. Stuff like mooncrest and cocoon should not be. Rushed aside just because they don’t cost 70 bucks, feature an over the shoulder cap view and woke messages trying to be an adult themed game. It ain’t always gotta be like that.

And just to get this out the way. Aside from some sports games I play with long time friends, sea of theives (the chill game) and halo, I don’t play much GAAS games. I play single player and indies as much as any of you. Difference is have a tonne of options on one console and service that I just so happen to access in my PCs and TVs around my house. Can you do that with epic or PSN? And it’s not like I need PSN to play death stranding, returnal Spider-Man on my PC during studio downtimes anyway ( you can really appreciate t the sound design more on these games if you play them in a recording studio 😅)

This are my options and they suit me just as those other options you mentioned are better suited to somebody else. I would say I was a very early adopter of digital downloads on console way back on X360. I still have shit like guardian heroes, Daytona USA and radiant silver gun on the same machine I play forza, halo, Elden ring and others on. I’m good with what I got 👍🏿. And there’s more to look forward too. You say it all seems to good to be true but. Here we are anyway. People say it’s not a sustainable business model….. but people are also not a multi trillion dollar company and don’t have the slightest clue what they are talking about when it comes to what MS are doing. It’s been very evident since the ABK thread last year. I say let those of us who like the service enjoy it for what it is. It obviously has some value to us. I know I’m liking it. Certainly liking where they Vs re going with it.

But as it so happens they own a shit tonne of AAA studios these days so let’s see how it all plays out. Last year was Luke warm but this year they got a hot hand ( I’m sure the 18th will give people like myself even more confidence to sub scribe over the next 12 months to say the very least). I know I’m looking forward to avowed, hellblade 2, and others as far as first party and I’ll still be buying the games I care about that are not in GPU as and when I feel too. AAA.. AA, indie, whater. If it floats my boat and it’s not on GPU I buy it. If it’s on the device I’ll play it as and when I got time. If it leaves the service and I miss it… hey… i can always buy it in a sale later on. No big deal. Too many games. Not really enough time is there? Nothing is gonna change there. I’ll just buy what I want and play what I want when I want.

I’m even gonna try streaming GPU from my phone to my head unit in my car( got a lovely alpine ILX F511) one of these days when I’m just chilling.

I just want to see them hit a new plateau for quality and consistency as far as first party. In time that will only make the service more value for money. But they have to start from where they are. The bottom.last place….. but hey…. Ain’t too many people starting from last place with as many studios as they have these days.

Also looking forward to not having to pay for COD every year at some point. I only buy it for my friends. Will be glad to just download and discard it every year for the next one on GPU.
I think I didn't explain myself quite clearly

If GP makes you happy and you keep buying games. that´s good for you and i am not disputing that.

You said that I should forget you are an Xbox gamer. and i did, this is why i was talking about the overall gaming landscape, in this context Game Pass´s value is not that meaningful.

"Day One Quality/AAA Games and all First Party Day and Date"
👆 The 'quality' encompasses AA and indies as well. (Just to clarify)

But by the way you are describing your situation in first person. I should really consider you and your arguments as that of an Xbox gamer. That changes the equation

What is an Xbox gamer?....someone that ONLY plays on an Xbox console?
Someone who plays ONLY through Game Pass on Console, PC, and mobile via cloud gaming?

In either case, if you are a subscriber to the best subscription service (GPU), then you have access to the best value in gaming. Being subscribed to GPU and still trying to make a point about buying games, or implying that you are even purchasing the same games that GP offers too... well, I think that is kind of insane. Insane in a logical way of thinking: you are essentially negating GP's value. It's like paying for a buffet and ordering the same food à la carte.

What i think is happening (and i have seen this online) is that there is this stigma that Xbox Gamers Console-ecosystem is a place where people dont buy games. And some people are trying to overcompensate even if its just theatrics.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I think Square-Enix has a good money strategy for these game so far

- Get Sony to pay for timed exclusivity
- Get Epic to pay for timed exclusivity
- Release it on Steam eventually at full price
- Don't release it on Xbox until they shoulder some of the porting costs and sell it at the new standard of $70
- Release it on Switch 2 because they finally have the hardware to support the title for $70 again.
- Repeat these steps for the 2nd and 3rd game.
- Release a Trilogy bundle on the PS6 with some extra content
- Once again wait for Xbox to pay money for trilogy port.

They are extracting as much money as possible every step of the way.

Last edited:

fallingdove

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣…… you sound like one of them hurt, pasty, incel muthafuckaz. Just making up insults to look tall on the internet… why do it? I was being nice too. You know you don’t talk to people like this in real life. Be polite. . Go Touch grass, kid. Or go play your Super Nintendo or something. 😆
Oooh, serious business — except you’re projecting. Plenty of people are just asking questions or pushing back on your inconsistent claims — yet you seem inclined to shit the bed.

You might have a shred of logic littered throughout your obsessions with spelling errors and incomplete sentences, but it’s hard to decipher. Especially when you are waving off-topic console-warring nonsense high in the air; remember — the discussion is about FFVII going from PlayStation to Xbox.

StueyDuck

I've always said this game is coming to Xbox... so I do believe this is happening.

But jezzy fatty poopoo has 0 inside information on anything and we shouldn't give him the time of day and attention he craves

Astray

Gold Member
I don't understand why "negotiations" need to happen for a 4 year old title to get a port? Sony's exclusivity must have long passed by now.

The only reason that comes to mind is Square asking for money to make it happen because they are (understandably) wary about spending money without a guaranteed chunk of growth.

The only reason that comes to mind is Square asking for money to make it happen because they are (understandably) wary about spending money without a guaranteed chunk of growth.
Square Enix should figure out how to grow an audience on a system. If they cant figure out, should just quit gaming industry altogether.

This has been biggest hurdle for Japanese developers over the years. Over reliance on Sony for marketing their games has kept Japanese games smaller.

LordCBH

I don't understand why "negotiations" need to happen for a 4 year old title to get a port? Sony's exclusivity must have long passed by now.

And Microsoft set the expectation of “well if we wait long enough Microsoft will just write a check for it.”

Good job Phil lol

Top Bottom