• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says FFVII Intergrade and FFXVI on Xbox is up to Square Enix

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
adamsapple adamsapple can read phil spencers mind

8eAt.gif

No, I wish.

Just the article.

I'll add a line break in the article so its easier to see where he starts talking about something completely different.

mqRdOHl.png

So he said a lot of shit that's unrelated to the question asked? Nice one, Phil.

Uh Huh Yes GIF by CBC

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I mean it's literally in their business strategy...
So are a lot of things from Microsoft. Doesn't mean it'll happen that way. They will not be the only one to acquire pubs, and they definitely won't be acquiring all of them. You have to be pretty naive to think that.

xHunter

No, I wish.

Just the article.

I'll add a line break in the article so its easier to see where he starts talking about something completely different.

mqRdOHl.png

Uh Huh Yes GIF by CBC
Reads more like they split his answer into small paragraphs. There isnt even a new question between the 3 paragraphs, so one can assume that they all belong to the initial question.

adamsapple

Reads more like they split his answer into small paragraphs. There isnt even a new question between the 3 paragraphs, so one can assume that they all belong to the initial question.

If that's how you want to read it, sure. I think it's a pretty clear pivot when he starts talking about the CEO of Square and referencing the FF14 stream quotes from a few weeks back. It has nothing to do with FFVII or FF16 at that point and he's talking about generic support and commitments here.

StueyDuck

So are a lot of things from Microsoft. Doesn't mean it'll happen that way. They will not be the only one to acquire pubs, and they definitely won't be acquiring all of them. You have to be pretty naive to think that.
It's gonna happen 🤷‍♂️ rather just get use to the idea now then pretend

Dane

Does it even matter? Xbois don’t even play those types of games, SE knows it and lying Phil knows it. He’s just putting on his ”gamer t-shirt” nothing more nothing less.
They do, and it actually sold well, especially considering that it was FF13 and 15 of all games to be introduced. The entire idea that Xbox gamers doesn't play japanese games are overblown, Namco and Capcom games are big hits on the platform, and that's noticing that most of the support started with that quality blunder in the HD generation.

Square, unlike other developers, decided to make backsteps, especially for a big company, to auction their stuff as console exclusives, even to PC part of that went to EGS and when it released on steam, it was meet with cricket reception, I think the new CEO has other plans and knows that they don't have any leverage to make Xbox accept their terms since they have better alternatives such as Atlus, their own studios, and indie RPG games with great reception.

r/country in a nutshell, the brazil one is completely devoid of your average brazilian.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So he said a lot of shit that's unrelated to the question asked? Nice one, Phil.
No shit. There is obviously no current commitment from SE to bring those titles to Xbox, but he obviously isn't just gonna say that, so he just waffles on about how he is such good friends with SE. With XVI, SE may not even be allowed to publicly commit to an Xbox release.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No shit. There is obviously no current commitment from SE to bring those titles to Xbox, but he obviously isn't just gonna say that, so he just waffles on about how he is such good friends with SE. With XVI, SE may not even be allowed to publicly commit to an Xbox release.
I don't know what you guys expect him to say in an interview. Honestly. He's not cleared to just announce things randomly that aren't announced yet. He's not cleared ever to announce SQEX games obviously. So he just says it's up to them and he's happy they made a commitment to bring stuff over. It's honestly the only thing he can say, literally. This is why most games journalism is largely pointless.

adamsapple

Yes, precisely. Why is anyone expecting Phil to break news sitting on a couch on Gamescom. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Flutta

Banned
Yes, precisely. Why is anyone expecting Phil to break news sitting on a couch on Gamescom. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Isn’t that what he usually does? sitting on chairs and coutches
”breaking news” to his minions so they can run around the internet telling us how Xbox is the best deal in gaming over and over again 🤣

Go_Ly_Dow

Didn't Sony with FF7R extend or lockdown the exclusivity arrangement? I recall it was initially just for 6 or 12 months but then became long-term. Can't remember the exact specifics though.

Edit: Now I remember, they locked down the exclusivity again with the Intergrade version on PS5.

With 16, I'm thinking we'll see a PC release announced at the Game Awards and out around Spring or Summer. Possibly Summer to create a gap between Rebirth.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Final fantasy VII remake was great and I can't wait for the sequel. Will play that on PlayStation. Always said I like that game.

The game that I personally felt was shite and I genuinely regret playing through 65 hours of it was Final Fantasy XVI. I felt compelled to complete it for my love of JRPGS. I did all the side quests....but man. What a bang average to bad game. Shouldn't have got more than a 6 out of ten imo
Final fantasy XVI objectively is not shit that game is super impressive and beautiful, graphics and art are stellar, music is superb, and the acting is good to great. game is fun if you remove the rings that plays the game for you. There are set pieces that are fucking great artistically and technically. You probably don’t like the game for whatever reasons. But objectively the game is not shit by any means.

It is dumb to waste 65 hrs on something that you think is shit. It’s an illogical thing to do.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

Last edited:

cireza

Final fantasy XVI objectively is not shit that game is super impressive and beautiful, graphics and art are stellar, music is superb, and the acting is good to great. game is fun if you remove the rings that plays the game for you. There are set pieces that are fucking great artistically and technically. You probably don’t like the game for whatever reasons. But objectively the game is not shit by any means.

Only a moron wastes 65 hrs on something that said individual think is shit. It’s an illogical thing to do.
What is the correct time to spend for someone who ultimately dislikes a game to :
- not be considered stupid because he played the game for too long ?
- not be considered irrelevant because he didn't play for long enough ?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Only a moron wastes 65 hrs on something that said individual think is shit. It’s an illogical thing to do.
FF16 is amazing. It's just too long with some bloat. Should be more classically linear than fake rpg to be honest. But it's one of best games I've played this year. It's proper great.
Not ff 15 or 7r but close

Matsuchezz

What is the correct time to spend for someone who ultimately dislikes a game to :
- not be considered stupid because he played the game for too long ?
- not be considered irrelevant because he didn't play for long enough ?
The key word is shit.

The moment I think something is shit that is the moment I stop the activity I’m doing whether I’m 10 minutes in or 5 hrs. If it took 65 hrs to realize something is shit. Damn!! And then go on and completing all side quests…. Damn!! Again.
Star Trek Reaction GIF

The good thing is that PlayStation plus has trials and that let you know the quality of the game for up to an hour sometimes. I have been trying stuff there that I can realize that something is good and well made. The FFXVI demo alone was great!!

Last edited:

Stafford

So we had Nate Drake recently say it wasn't being planned, but things can change of course. Let's see what happens.

I have no idea how to directly show tweets here.

t447TiY.jpg

We're still at "could be" so yeah......we'll see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom