• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoGip

Jesus Christ. What kind of crack are these guys smoking. I'm an hour and a half into this nearly 4 hour long podcast and it's hilarious the things that comes out of Alex Jones mouth. I don't really pay attention to infowars but every once in a while I check out JRE. Idk if Rogans playing devils advocate or what but it's almost like he believes this stuff. This Eddie bravo dude is a nut Job too

Check out the podcast here:
http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/alex-jones-eddie-bravo

obligatory:
super-saiyan-alex-jones.gif

For anyone who's listened, what do you think?

sphagnum

Banned
Watched this is few days ago, crazy how long it is.

I'm endlessly amused that Alex Jones will believe almost anything but aliens are just too far out for him.

owlbeak

This podcast was a really fun and ridiculous one. Don't take any of this stuff too seriously, and just sit back and be entertained by the insanity of Alex Jones as he is egged on by Joe and try not to be too afraid that Eddie & Alex (and maybe Joe to an extent) believe all this shit

sirap

Mexican Eddie will always be hilarious.

For those who are just tuning in, don't take this podcast episode seriously. Joe knows Alex is batshit insane, and Eddie will believe anything once you get a couple of drinks in him.

Ecto311

Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.

Fun listen but I take all this shit with a grain of salt since it is so nutty. Fun if it is true. First 20 min is psychic vampires!

s9nazxfmf4ey.jpg

Idk if Rogans playing devils advocate or what but it's almost like he believes this stuff.

Rogan will give airtime to anybody with an insane paranoid conspiracy theory and has done so for years and years. It's gone past the point where Rogan is a spectator or active participant in the dissemination of misinformation. It's fucked.

Hip Hop

I'm downloading this one for a long drive.

Don't usually listen to the Rogan podcast but this one was recommended.

studyguy

Heard it, I don't know how anyone can take Jones seriously. Bravo is incoherent from the jump. Jones literally is a fucking moron though and it's batshit crazy after a minute. Don't see much good in humoring the nutjob but w/e.

Real Hero

Always someone who has to be a prick.

Every thread.

Listen to the podcast and maybe you will actually be entertained.

I think Alex Jones is hilarious, doesn't mean he isn't an exploitative moron who is activity swindling people and contributing to the downfall of America. Writing these fools of as 'entertainment' is ignoring the huge negative impact they are having.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Joe Rogan is not as smart as his defenders wish. But is a great standup. In fact it's hard for me to reconcile podcast Rogan with comedian Rogan.

However Alex Jones is a dangerous lunatic who inspires other dangerous lunatics and he should be in jail or a safe space for him and his listeners.

lunchtoast

Finished listening to it today, it was tough to listen to, mostly because they're all talking over each other trying to get a word in. Alex "lemme tell ya" Jones said some craaazy stuff. Everything is fact from him because someone told him.

Arkeband

Banned
Two things:

1) This was planned for a while because it's podcast #911 (9/11), so the joke was to have on the most well-known craziest conspiracy theorists in the podcast/radio business.

2) Joe wasn't having Alex on to debate, he's just encouraging him to be as loony as possible for entertainment, even though Joe had to stop him repeatedly because it just got too fucking ridiculous.

Was there ever a thread for that crazy sex trafficking bust in California? Never saw one pop up.

Was Alex implying that some politicians may have been caught up in that?

RinsFury

I could only make it a few minutes in before I had to turn it off. Joe Rogan is an idiot and Alex Jones is insane, they're pieces of shit.

Just watched Joe Rogan #908 with Leah Remini a few day ago. Really eye opening stuff about Scientology. My jaw dropped multiple times during that podcast. Joe Rogan's podcast is really great, especially when everybody gets crazy.

Spat_triate

I listened to the first 2 hours and I rolled my eyes so much they were practically glued to the back of my head.

The stupidity on display was astounding. I mean at one point they discuss the investigation of Anthony Weiner and then 2 seconds later somehow tie that in to psychic pedophile vampires who control every aspect of society.

I won't even address the moon landing/chem trails/ inter-dimensional satan stuff that happens later.

owlbeak

So many people hate Joe and his podcast, why even come in and post in a thread about an episode? :)

Joe is not the smartest guy in the world, but he often has interesting guests on and it's a nice long-form podcast that can actually be pretty informative and inspiring. You just gotta make sure you check facts out if it's Joe spouting them, because he's usually partially or completely wrong. His podcasts got me motivated to lose a lot of weight years back when I was depressed and not taking care of myself. I enjoy the podcasts for what they are, you just gotta know when Joe is out of his element about certain subjects, which is most of the time.

This podcast episode in particular was not an interview or anything, it was just what fans wanted; to get Alex on there and let him go batshit crazy for hours, which is exactly what happened and it's a wild ride full of laugh out loud moments because of how ridiculous it is.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Alex Jones isn't funny, he's dangerous. A complete fucking lunatic. His voice should not be given a platform, so fuck Rogan for propping this dimwitted shithead up to spout his bullshit for four hours.

sirap

So many people hate Joe and his podcast, why even come in and post in a thread about an episode? :)

Joe is not the smartest guy in the world, but he often has interesting guests on and it's a nice long-form podcast that can actually be pretty informative and inspiring. You just gotta make sure you check facts out if it's Joe spouting them, because he's usually partially or completely wrong. His podcasts got me motivated to lose a lot of weight years back when I was depressed and not taking care of myself. I enjoy the podcasts for what they are, you just gotta know when Joe is out of his element about certain subjects, which is most of the time.

Yup. Joe would be the first to tell you he's an idiot and constantly makes mistake. He says it all the time in his (and other peoples) podcasts.

Also, Bert is fat.

Joe Rogan is not as smart as his defenders wish. But is a great standup. In fact it's hard for me to reconcile podcast Rogan with comedian Rogan.

However Alex Jones is a dangerous lunatic who inspires other dangerous lunatics and he should be in jail or a safe space for him and his listeners.

Jailed for speech? Maybe give the Constitution a quick read, bro.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.

Fun listen but I take all this shit with a grain of salt since it is so nutty. Fun if it is true. First 20 min is psychic vampires!

s9nazxfmf4ey.jpg

And there's the flipside of giving certain nuts a platform for entertainment purposes.

.JayZii

Banned

I don't hate Joe Rogan or anything, but is it hard to understand that people don't like listening to a guy spout a bunch of bullshit? Especially when people try to sell the podcast to others as informative or inspirational.

Maxim726X

Every thread.

I've listened.

And I think Rogan is a fucking moron who masquerades as someone who is thoughtful and intelligent.

Of course he would invite a 'free-thinker' like Jones.

Alex Jones isn't funny, he's dangerous. A complete fucking lunatic. His voice should not be given a platform, so fuck Rogan for propping this dimwitted shithead up to spout his bullshit for four hours.

Meh. I'm really against labeling every nutjob that irritates the left as "dangerous". Trump is dangerous. Not so sure about Jones. Doesn't he just go super saiyan on his show?

To be fair I don't spend much one listening to Alex Jones.

owlbeak

Yup. Joe would be the first to tell you he's an idiot and constantly makes mistake. He says it all the time in his (and other peoples) podcasts.

Also, Bert is fat.
Man, the two weigh-in episodes are probably in the top 5 best episodes of all time. So good!

Look, I got really high and watched the entire thing. Alex Jones is fucking batshit crazy and this was a complete waste of time. I used to like Rogan but after him having Milo on and agreeing with him on a ton of shit I realized the dude is a fucking moron.

Chumley

Banned

Every thread.

Eddie Bravo is a Sandy Hook truther and Alex Jones is a certifiable piece of shit, so two of them are assholes without question. Jury is out for Rogan, sometimes he's ok sometimes he sucks.

Look, I got really high and watched the entire thing. Alex Jones is fucking batshit crazy and this was a complete waste of time. I used to like Rogan but after him having Milo on and agreeing with him on a ton of shit I realized the dude is a fucking moron.

This was my tipping point too. He says "I love the guy" about Milo.

Meh. I'm really against labeling every nutjob that irritates the left as "dangerous". Trump is dangerous. Not so sure about Jones. Doesn't he just go super saiyan on his show?

To be fair I don't spend much one listening to Alex Jones.

He was the main proponent of pushing Pizzagate. The guy is going to get people killed eventually.

owlbeak

I don't hate Joe Rogan or anything, but is it hard to understand that people don't like listening to a guy spout a bunch of bullshit? Especially when people try to sell the podcast to others as informative or inspirational.
Talking about Joe or Alex? Both? :)

No, I understand that people don't like Joe and how he isn't really well-informed about anything he talks about.I don't think I'd pitch the podcast to anyone as informational or inspirational. I think SOME of the episodes can be informational, but most are just entertaining. I actually hate Joe's standup, but really enjoy the podcast. But I think you either like it or you don't, and that's fine. I consider myself a pretty smart guy and often know when Joe is totally wrong about something he is talking about and it's annoying to hear him and his guests sometimes be totally wrong about something over and over, but it is what it is and I enjoy the podcast more than I get annoyed by it. At least Jamie usually fact checks them more regularly now. When Brian was the producer it was really bad.

Yeah, this really got me, too. I didn't know who Milo was but after listening to about half an hour of an episode he was on I turned it off and had to look him up because of how awful some of the shit he was spouting was. Really disappointing that he's been on a couple of times, and even worse, that Joe agrees with him on some views.

Corpsepyre

Banned

Uh huh. Who's he dangerous to?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I listened to it live when it was streaming on youtube. Over 50k people watching.

It was amazing and hilarious.

Eddie Bravo is a Sandy Hook truther and Alex Jones is a certifiable piece of shit, so two of them are assholes without question. Jury is out for Rogan, sometimes he's ok sometimes he sucks.

This was my tipping point too. He says "I love the guy" about Milo.

He was the main proponent of pushing Pizzagate. The guy is going to get people killed eventually.

Shit. Then I retract my previous statement given that. Fuck that. Entertainment is one thing. Winding unstable people (sorry if you listen to Alex Jones seriously you're prolly a bit on that end) up towards violence isn't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom