• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Joe Rogan is a bit too gullible about this stuff for it to be that entertaining, but it was still a stupid fun listen. Watson is the real madman over at Infowars and the real danger.

The BEST is when Alex Jones gets Jon Ronson on his show. Ronson somehow convinces Jones that he'll be nice and then he comes on and just shits on Jones for 30 minutes without Jones knowing.

I think Jones feels a comradery with Ronson :lol

at least they are both not persistently trying to post their crap into websites run by other people.

in that sense I'd take a roomful of alex jones over a single alt-righter

NandoGip

Joe Rogan's show is hit or miss, but he has many guests you would never really hear on other platforms. The criticism is valid, but you gotta admit it's entertaining in the context of podcasts.

Alex Jones though, this man is directly connected to Trump. I think Trump thanked him publicly like immediately after getting elected or something. I'm waiting for Trump to start spouting off these conspiracy theories or revealing the secrets in the government

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Meh. I'm really against labeling every nutjob that irritates the left as "dangerous". Trump is dangerous. Not so sure about Jones. Doesn't he just go super saiyan on his show?

To be fair I don't spend much one listening to Alex Jones.

Alex Jones pushes the kind of bullshit that leads to families who have lost loved ones being harassed and threatened. Sandy hook for instance. Pizza gate is another.

So once again fuck Alex Jones every which way. And anyone who lets him propagate his deceitful and dangerous bullshit.

compo

Banned
The reason why Joe Rogan is hated so much is because he's a wacko conspiracy theorist. Granted, Alex Jones probably makes him look sane by comparison, but that's a comparison with a statistical outlier.

Also, he's a pretty staunch men's rights advocate. I'm not sure what other alt-right type views he has, because I don't really pay attention to him, but I think it's safe to assume he holds a few more unpopular opinions.

Anyway, that's the reason why people don't like Joe Rogan, for everyone wondering why.

Real Hero

Uh huh. Who's he dangerous to?

for one, the people who listen to him and come out the the other end hating Muslims, Obama, the concept of taxes and America itself? He's a fear and hate monger, he sells bullshit vitality pills through spreading hatred. He's the lowest of the low

Chumley

Banned
The reason why Joe Rogan is hated so much is because he's a wacko conspiracy theorist. Granted, Alex Jones probably makes him look sane by comparison, but that's a comparison with a statistical outlier.

Also, he's a pretty staunch men's rights advocate. I'm not sure what other alt-right type views he has, because I don't really pay attention to him, but I think it's safe to assume he holds a few more unpopular opinions.

Anyway, that's the reason why people don't like Joe Rogan, for everyone wondering why.

He also sells bullshit brain pills.

BajiBoxer

Banned

Anyone at Comet Ping Pong Pizzaria for one. Seems just about every right wing shooter I see is going to Alex Jones for news and justification of their violent acts. He's giving people targets and internal rationaile for their terrorism, just like ISIS and Al-Qaeda propagandists do (people we have assasinated and arrested in the "War on Terror"). Hell, even the Boston bombers had gotten into Alex Jones stuff prior to carrying out their attacks.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Alex Jones seems funny until you see somebody you actually know in real life citing him on Facebook and then that's the day the laughter dies.

SeanC

I never know where Rogan comes from half the time or where he goes, but in the case of Jones he's all over the map with utter nonsense and Rogan going that direction with him is kind of dumb for him to do. He doesn't benefit from it and if anything will just give Jones more exposure.

Spat_triate

Jones is dangerous to dummies who fall for the old 'Two truths and a lie' trick.

In the first 30 mins he spouted this:

"Anthony Weiner under investigation for explicit messages to minor" - true

"Dennis Hastert is a convicted serial molester" - true

Conclusion: Psychic pedophiliac vampires control the country! Trump coming in to clean it all up.

giphy.gif

Kurdel

Banned
I was just listening to this! Damn all these guys on the podcast are idiots.

Joe Rogan sounds like he could almost be a skeptic, but then veers deep.

Real Hero

I never know where Rogan comes from half the time or where he goes, but in the case of Jones he's all over the map with utter nonsense and Rogan going that direction with him is kind of dumb for him to do. He doesn't benefit from it and if anything will just give Jones more exposure.

he's on the podcast to give him more exposure, they are friends

Dr.Acula

Banned
The Trump stuff and rise of the alt-right has definitely broken him. He's had Milo Yiannopoulos, as well as the crazy UofT prof Jordan Peterson who says pronouns are destroying... something... on recently and they're just nuts.

When he's got guys like Les Stroud or Wim Hof on it's entertaining, but this political stuff... it even sucked in Bill Burr, the two of them went on about Hillary for an hour. Sad!

I'm partway through the Henry Rollins one and they're staying on topic of travel for the most part so it's okay. Stuff like that is more interesting to me.

Edgy Brah is always death though.

Armaros

The Trump stuff and rise of the alt-right has definitely broken him. He's had Milo Yiannopoulos, as well as the crazy UofT prof Jordan Peterson who says pronouns are destroying... something... on recently and they're just nuts.

When he's got guys like Les Stroud or Wim Hof on it's entertaining, but this political stuff... it even sucked in Bill Burr, the two of them went on about Hillary for an hour. Sad!

I'm partway through the Henry Rollins one and they're staying on topic of travel for the most part so it's okay. Stuff like that is more interesting to me.

Ive remember Joe with various guests seriously talking about Pizzagate as a real possible thing.

His rants about how corporate America is defrauding you and then his commerical for his brain pills back to back. Irony.

darscot

Yeah before the whole election I didn't mind the podcast but it's so hard to listen to know I have lost so much respect for the guy. If they can manage to not go full stupid it can still be good but its pretty rare now.

Tomohawk

I lost alot of respect for Joe when he started talking about how its weird that people think the birther movement was racist. I heard someone once say Joe is a political chameleon. His views seem to drastically change based on the guests he has. Probably because he subscribes to the truth is always in the middle trash.

Alright I listened to this entire podcast at work today, and let me tell you, Alex Jones actually had me going for a bit

And then we get into interdimensional beings trying to control the fate of humanity, psychic vampires, etc.

Shit was off the walls, Alex Jones really is a crazy guy

sirap

Jones is dangerous to dummies who fall for the old 'Two truths and a lie' trick.

In the first 30 mins he spouted this:

"Anthony Weiner under investigation for explicit messages to minor" - true

"Dennis Hastert is a convicted serial molester" - true

Conclusion: Psychic pedophiliac vampires control the country! Trump coming in to clean it all up.

giphy.gif

LA weed is something else, that's for sure. If there's one thing I've envied about America it's that.

I have a few buddies in my writing group that like to get blasted on edibles and free-write. The shit that comes out of their heads would make H. P. Lovecraft's head spin.

Still, Alex Jones is unstable enough even without the weed. I knew Bravo + Jones x Alcohol + Weed was going to be explosive, but I wasn't prepared for this lol.

Armaros

I lost alot of respect for Joe when he started talking about how its weird that people think the birther movement was racist. I heard someone once say Joe is a political chameleon. His views seem to drastically change based on the guests he has. Probably because he subscribes to the truth is always in the middle trash.

He switched to Pizzagate. 'All of thsese people are talking about it, and we have Wiener so that must mean that something is out there, a kernel of truth'

xenist

I kinda like Rogan but he's a kook.

Tomohawk

I kinda like Rogan but he's a kook.
I used to feel that way, but the more i hear him defend Alex Jones and Milo the more i get irked. I know alot of people here are saying Joe doesn't actually belive in Jones, but the way he talks on this and other podcasts has me skeptocal. It seems more like he thinks Alex has a kernel of truth when he talks about the DNC sex rings, but he's layering it in vampires and lizard people for theatrics. Also he always brings up Alex being right about Iraq or w.e like that makes him credible.

Sapiens

I listened to about 3/4s of this before I gave up, but it was HILARIOUS for as long as I could stand the incoherence!

Also, Alex Jones believes there is a place called Pedophile Island!

And there is NO WAY Alex Jones was born in 1974. No fuckin way. Dudes looks 53 at the youngest.

And listen to it if you want. Don't listen to people who say it is dangerous. It is only dangerous if you have a weak mind and feel you have to have people police what you listen to.

phaonaut

Recent episodes surprised me at how much eddie actually believed this stuff, I think joe believes more than he lets on also.

I view Rogans non MMA shows like I do Karl Pilkington, I don't agree with anything he says but I love hearing it and the craziness he and the guests get into.

Armaros

Yup. Never been a fan of Joe, but letting Alex on his show was fucking low. Lost even more respect for him.

nah, Milo was worse, especially when Rogan spent a bit of time agreeing with some of his views. As if MRAs needed even more platforms to spread their cancerous ideals.

Dresden

I used to feel that way, but the more i hear him defend Alex Jones and Milo the more i get irked. I know alot of people here are saying Joe doesn't actually belive in Jones, but the way he talks on this and other podcasts has me skeptocal. It seems more like he thinks Alex has a kernel of truth when he talks about the DNC sex rings, but he's layering it in vampires and lizard people for theatrics. Also he always brings up Alex being right about Iraq or w.e like that makes him credible.

He's definitely a believer. I remember Rogan namedropping Alex Jones and talking about how despite their 'different views' Jones was still a 'great American' and a true patriot who just cares for his country. This was what, four, five years ago? That's a long time to just be a skeptic.

Was reminded of this when Rogan popped in on Bill Simmons' now-dead HBO show. There his public-facing persona, away from the safe space of his podcast, was in full display and you know, he was just a guy who really didn't believe in this stuff but hey isn't it just interesting???

Chumley

Banned
Recent episodes surprised me at how much eddie actually believed this stuff, I think joe believes more than he lets on also.

Bravo is a true believer nutcase. He genuinely dislikes Bryan Callan for trusting CNN and NYT, doesn't even hide it anymore. Dude gets worse all the time.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.
Oh nooooo

Eventually, Ron Paul might be right on hyperinflation since he has been warning us for 3 decades. The problem is when we do experience hyperinflation, we'll ignore the last 30 years he was wrong.

Alex might have gotten a few hits correctly because he threw thousands of pieces of shit against the wall and some are going to stick.

Nostradamus was a joke, too.

Xe4

Banned
nah, Milo was worse, especially when Rogan spent a bit of time agreeing with some of his views. As if MRAs needed even more platforms to spread their cancerous ideals.

Holy shit, I had no clue Milo was even on JRE. Fucking gross, and definitely worse, but only in the way that diarrhea is grosser than shit.

Toxi

Banned
I kinda wonder how you can look in the mirror after giving air time to Alex Jones and not feel complete shame and revulsion.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

He has indoctrinated countless people and made them into complete nutjobs. Info Wars is like Fox news but on crack and people eat it all up like it's gospel.
Also the danger of normalizing Alex Jone's and Milo's ideas as entertainment.

Agreed.

Two years ago white supremacists were the scum of the earth, now they're "dapper", and we have to listen to what they say or freedom of speech is in danger.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jailed for speech? Maybe give the Constitution a quick read, bro.

No. Jailed for incitement to riot, or encouraging lunatics to show up at pizza places with guns based on outrageous lies he told for profit. Maybe give his news history a read, bro.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ping-pong-restaurant/?utm_term=.f2a8023ca6be

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/...ver-ties-sandy-hook-truther-alex-jones/215237

Alex has been doing this shit on purpose for decades now. And he's probably gotten people hurt in the past.

AJLma

Eddie Bravo ruined this podcast. Seemed more like he was trying to plug an angle for some conspiracy show he's planning. I don't watch Jones but I was looking forward to one of his crazy rants that never came thanks to Bravos interruptions. Edit: Also, i learned listening to this that Alex Jones is just a cult leader not too unlike a certain other Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom