• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC5

Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.
Except that Trump has played starkly against everything Jones says is good about him. Notice, he never has any special info to back those good comments.

fin

Listening to this now.

My coworkers are wondering why I'm laughing so much.

DEAD CHINESE ON THE MOON!!!!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Uh huh. Who's he dangerous to?

Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.

Fun listen but I take all this shit with a grain of salt since it is so nutty. Fun if it is true. First 20 min is psychic vampires!
YCGO4Hr.png

BSsBrolly

Banned
I lost alot of respect for Joe when he started talking about how its weird that people think the birther movement was racist. I heard someone once say Joe is a political chameleon. His views seem to drastically change based on the guests he has. Probably because he subscribes to the truth is always in the middle trash.

I feel exactly the same way as far as my respect for Rogan goes. As far as him being a political chameleon, I attribute it to his ignorance. He views drastically change because he doesn't have the knowledge to defend them. "Both sides are the same," is the easiest viewpoint to hide behind when you have no clue what you're talking about.

The problem I have with Rogan now is that he continues to invite alt-right assholes on the show. Seems to be all he has on lately. This is when his ignorance is on full display and its infuriating to listen to.

Moofers

I heard this last week after it went up and it blew my mind. I never watched or read anything on ************* before, but I'd heard all kinds of talk about how it was crazy nutjob stuff. I had no idea it was THIS crazy.

PSYCHIC VAMPIRES ARE WORKING WITH AI THAT WAS CREATED TO SEND INTERDIMENSIONAL MESSAGES TO DEMOCRATS IN ORDER TO TURN THEM INTO CHILD MOLESTERS WHO WANT TO UNDERMINE LIBERTY AND SURRENDER THE US TO THE GLOBALIST ELITES SO THEY CAN RUN OUR LIVES!

I mean that's not really me exaggerating, that's all shit that came out of Jones' mouth. And what galls me is that Rogan doesn't call it out as the bullshit that it is, he just rolls along with it. He asked Jones to elaborate here and there ("what is a globalist" for example) but more often than not he almost seems to be agreeing or giving this impression that he is having some kind of awakening to all this. It makes me think Rogan isn't as smart as I thought he was or maybe he's just more gullible. Or maybe its the weed? I don't know.

I think its completely okay for Rogan to have guests like Milo and Jones and it disappoints me to see so many people here suggest he should never have them on. The problem I have is that Rogan fails to see these as the important opportunities they are to challenge their ideas in a public forum and instead chooses to shirk that responsibility in favor of "entertainment". That's the issue. Having them on in the first place is not.

Also, for all the people here that want to say Rogan is full on right-wing, I think you're cherry picking to make that point. I listen to all the shows that aren't about MMA and I've heard him express positive opinions on progressive ideas enough times to know that he isn't some hardliner in either direction.

Cmagus

Talking about Joe or Alex? Both? :)

No, I understand that people don't like Joe and how he isn't really well-informed about anything he talks about.I don't think I'd pitch the podcast to anyone as informational or inspirational. I think SOME of the episodes can be informational, but most are just entertaining. I actually hate Joe's standup, but really enjoy the podcast. But I think you either like it or you don't, and that's fine. I consider myself a pretty smart guy and often know when Joe is totally wrong about something he is talking about and it's annoying to hear him and his guests sometimes be totally wrong about something over and over, but it is what it is and I enjoy the podcast more than I get annoyed by it. At least Jamie usually fact checks them more regularly now. When Brian was the producer it was really bad.

Yeah, this really got me, too. I didn't know who Milo was but after listening to about half an hour of an episode he was on I turned it off and had to look him up because of how awful some of the shit he was spouting was. Really disappointing that he's been on a couple of times, and even worse, that Joe agrees with him on some views.

The thing I like most about Rogan is that he is very open to a wide variety of topics, discussion and he is very good at engaging in conversation on just about anything even if he sounds like he has no idea sometimes, it's at least entertaining. I always get the feeling that Joe is genuinely interested in the topics regardless whether he agrees or not and enjoys getting into whatever the topic is and discussing it with an open mind.

I will agree though that there is certainly a side of him that can be a real dick sometimes which I don't like but most of the time it's a fairly entertaining podcast. He also gets some good guests, I always enjoy when he gets Shane Smith of Vice on there his stories are great.

Moofers

Oh and I also wanted to say that if you heard Jones talking about Trmup and you thought there was anything genuine being said there, you've been duped. All that talk about how Trmup really cares about America and the American people was the biggest crock of shit he said on that show, and yes I'm saying that knowing he talked about "Psychic Vampires" as well.

I don't believe for a second that Jones doesn't know the facts about Trmup's policies or what he's done in his first two weeks of office. I think Jones knows exactly how much of a con the entire thing is and I think he pushes this idea that Trmup is a "good guy" because Jones stands to benefit directly from it. Trmup gave infowars credentials so that should tell you where Jones' motivation for being a supporter come from. Its so easy to see, but fools like Eddie Bravo just wave it away because it fits their narrative and going against that would be uncomfortable because then they'd have to use their fucking brain and think critically for two seconds.

PS- His "every day American" persona is paper thin to the point of being insulting. "I just report the facts! I like to drink beer, eat steak, and smoke cigars! I just report the facts because I have to and it is my duty, I'd much rather be drinking a beer!" I'm sure that plays well with simple folk who say shit like "Yknow Bush just seems like the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with. I feel like he's just like me!" Fuckin DUUUHHHHHH I LIKE BEER! IM A MURICAN! USA USA USA NASCAR BEER USA USA!"

PSS- Budweiser...king of beers.

PSSS- Heartbeat of Americuh...Chevrolet! I love mah Chevy truck! USA!

PSSSS- I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT BUDWISER! BOYCOTT BUDWISER HOW DARE EM GET POLITICAL ON HOLY FOOTBALL DAY!

Chumley

Banned
I feel exactly the same way as far as my respect for Rogan goes. As far as him being a political chameleon, I attribute it to his ignorance. He views drastically change because he doesn't have the knowledge to defend them. "Both sides are the same," is the easiest viewpoint to hide behind when you have no clue what you're talking about.

The problem I have with Rogan now is that he continues to invite alt-right assholes on the show. Seems to be all he has on lately. This is when his ignorance is on full display and its infuriating to listen to.

Rogan's podcast is basically 80% alt right at this point and he gets really upset on Twitter if you point that out to him.

i'm pretty sure i lost some IQ points while listening to this.
it's not a good sign when Rogan is by far the smartest person in the room.

"Joe Rogan - A Stupid Person's idea of What an Intelligent Person is Like"

Heard it, I don't know how anyone can take Jones seriously. Bravo is incoherent from the jump. Jones literally is a fucking moron though and it's batshit crazy after a minute. Don't see much good in humoring the nutjob but w/e.

Bravo guy seemed to have taken some knocks to the head with all the shit he was saying. I can't tell if Rogan genuinely believes in any of Jone's theories or if he was just egging him on for good radio.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Why are you calling Jordan Peterson crazy? What authority do you have to label anyone as crazy? Specially when your example is "Jordan Peterson who says pronouns are destroying... something... on recently and they're just nuts." I've heard him talk on a couple of videos and his reasoning was coherent and logical, to label someone as crazy for having a different opinion is what is actually dangerous.

I'm from Toronto and Peterson thinks he's being forced by the government or the university to use pronouns like ze and zir, and is picking fights with trans groups despite none of his paranoid delusions to the destruction of the English language at the hands of powerful institutions to be true. He thinks a handful of people haranguing him on twitter, or a handful of students with signs on a very large campus is a sign of some massive, concerted movement. He's completely delusional.

NandoGip

Yeah, this podcast has convinced me that Rogan is off the deep end. He just said the birther thing wasnt racist....

Costa Kid

It's hard to find him entertaining or amusing when you realise millions of people follow InfoWars for their political news...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Rogan needs to stop talking about most topics and I actually like him in some respects but when he opens his mouth on a lot of things my head starts to hurt. Worse is when he gives a platform to some real shitty fucked up people

Dr.Acula

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM&t=1h48m20s

This is where it really reaches boiling point. He starts to break down what is really going on with the planet right now, starting from the Psychic Vampire Pedophiles.

Jones: "They are inter-dimensionally sucking the essence of our youth-"

Rogan (super high): "Right."

Jones: "-and they believe they are possessed by an off-world entity."

Rogan (now catching up to the conversation): "They do?"

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Rogan's podcast is basically 80% alt right at this point and he gets really upset on Twitter if you point that out to him.

Some of you folks these days are so twisted on whats left and right its startling.

Rogan's as socially left as anyone in their late 40's could be.

But he's not a regressive left wing radical. He enjoys discussing dissenting opinions vs just throwing labels and names at everyone for disagreeing. So tho he's wrong alot he's a free thinker that likes to learn, it makes his show one of the few that has a spectrum of political views on it that is really great to listen to.
I think he's actually a libertarian..maybe a Classic Liberal, But his show or him being Alt Right? man please, such gross exaggeration.

Chumley

Banned
Some of you folks these days are so twisted on whats left and right its startling.

But he's not a regressive left wing radical. He enjoys discussing dissenting opinions vs just throwing labels and names at everyone for disagreeing. So tho he's wrong alot he's a free thinker that likes to learn, it makes his show one of the few that has a spectrum of political views on it that is really great to listen to.
I think he's actually a libertarian..maybe a Classic Liberal, But Alt Right? man please, such gross exaggeration.

I said his podcast is. I don't know or care what his personal politics are, though they shift with the wind as far as I can tell. The facts are that 80% of his guests are right wing to some extent and he's hosted Milo twice. Recently had one of the very very few ex CIA guys on who thinks Russia didn't want Trump elected President. You have to be asleep if you don't see the ideology Rogan is trying to push here.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I think he's actually a libertarian..maybe a Classic Liberal, But his show or him being Alt Right? man please, such gross exaggeration.

He's not with the alt right but damned if he doesn't give them the time of day far more so than they deserve. The fact he's rather popular gives them yet another platform to spread their disgusting filth and bull shit.

Armaros

If he isn't alt right, he is damned sure to make sure they have a large platform on his podcast. And spends some time agreeing with his alt-right guests ala Milo.

He's not with the alt right but damned if he doesn't give them the time of day far more so than they deserve. The fact he's rather popular gives them yet another platform to spread their disgusting filth and bull shit.

Yer actual nazis actually hate this guy because he married a Jew and and suppresses the "real truth."

Arkeband

Banned
If he isn't alt right, he is damned sure to make sure they have a large platform on his podcast. And spends some time agreeing with his alt-right guests ala Milo.

He just spoke negatively about him when he had on Henry Rollins who is a very far-left guest, so how do we reconcile these two things?

StAidan

I listened to this interview last week and found it pretty fascinating. The thing about Rogan's sit-downs with people like Alex and Milo is that it gives you insight into their minds if you're willing to listen critically and carefully to what they're saying.

I think Alex has major issues trying to communicate what's going on in his brain -- to the point that he's often basically incoherent. So in a situation like the JRE podcast, Joe can keep telling him to back up and say something that makes sense. For example, all that crazy stuff about interdimensional messages sounds ridiculous, but Alex himself wasn't claiming to believe that these interdimensional messages are actually happening. He's just claiming that's what the "elites" believe. (Whether he's right about that is another debate altogether, of course.)

The two episodes with Milo were even better in terms of getting a truer representation of the man himself. Setting aside his abrasiveness and the shock tactics he uses to get attention, Milo is actually a very smart individual who can articulate his opinions in an intellectual, logical manner. All the talk about him being a nazi, white supremacist, homophobe, islamophobe, etc., is just radical hyperbole. Milo does hold some odious opinions, but if you listen to *what he actually says*, it's quite clear that list of labels doesn't fit. He's mostly just a conservative who happens to be more in-your-face about it than usual.

Chumley

Banned

Oh and fucking LMAO at socially left. He doesn't think transgender people should have their own bathroom.

Abelard

The Trump stuff and rise of the alt-right has definitely broken him. He's had Milo Yiannopoulos, as well as the crazy UofT prof Jordan Peterson who says pronouns are destroying... something... on recently and they're just nuts.

When he's got guys like Les Stroud or Wim Hof on it's entertaining, but this political stuff... it even sucked in Bill Burr, the two of them went on about Hillary for an hour. Sad!

I'm partway through the Henry Rollins one and they're staying on topic of travel for the most part so it's okay. Stuff like that is more interesting to me.

Edgy Brah is always death though.

Rogan is willing to entertain anyone really, which is a double edged sword but I enjoy it for the most part. I mean sure he's got Milo and Jones, but gets Sam Harris and deGrasse Tyson so really just watch the ones you know you will enjoy- I think people are throwing out the baby with the bathwater here.

Chumley

Banned
I listened to this interview last week and found it pretty fascinating. The thing about Rogan's sit-downs with people like Alex and Milo is that it gives you insight into their minds if you're willing to listen critically and carefully to what they're saying.

The two episodes with Milo were even better in terms of getting a truer representation of the man himself. Setting aside his abrasiveness and the shock tactics he uses to get attention, Milo is actually a very smart individual who can articulate his opinions in an intellectual, logical manner. All the talk about him being a nazi, white supremacist, homophobe, islamophobe, etc., is just radical hyperbole. Milo does hold some odious opinions, but if you listen to *what he actually says*, it's quite clear that list of labels doesn't fit. He's mostly just a conservative who happens to be more in-your-face about it than usual.

You are full of shit. He's gone on record that women should be in camps, feminism is cancer, and he's doxxed people and arranged racist harrassment campaigns. Stop lying.

Armaros

Rogan is willing to entertain anyone really, which is a double edged sword but I enjoy it for the most part. I mean sure he's got Milo and Jones, but gets Sam Harris and deGrasse Tyson so really just watch the ones you know you will enjoy- I think people are throwing out the baby with the bathwater here.

How about we dont normalize Science (deGrasse) with Alex Jones as his oppposite?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Actually i listened to both his shows with Milo on ..and He called Milo out on a ton of shit when he was going to far.
But the reality is sometimes Milo has a valid point within his satirical gay guy tirades, mostly he's a Right Wing nut,but not everything he says is like that.
But he's a unicorn really..I don't know what to really think about how serious to take him.

But guys like Sam Harris are amazing guests to listen to,him and the Rubin Report are really exposing me to alot of different view points on American politics that for the most part are very civil.

the1npc

I'm from Toronto and Peterson thinks he's being forced by the government or the university to use pronouns like ze and zir, and is picking fights with trans groups despite none of his paranoid delusions to the destruction of the English language at the hands of powerful institutions to be true. He thinks a handful of people haranguing him on twitter, or a handful of students with signs on a very large campus is a sign of some massive, concerted movement. He's completely delusional.

The guy is more intelligent that most people.
Just doesn't want all these pronouns to be legislated. Im from Toronto too, im not sure how that adds credibility tho

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
The BIG ENCHILADA/ PAPA SMURF IS REAL/ ITS JUST APPLE JUICE

This was rogans Mona Lisa podcast. Everything was enertaining and it left so many memorable lines and moments it was crazy.

I do agree that Eddie Bravo somewhat ruined it a little bit but it was funny nonetheless.

I listened to it live and on the reddit discord server. It was a blast

Abelard

The guy is more intelligent that most people.
Just doesn't want all these pronouns to be legislated. Im from Toronto too, im not sure how that adds credibility tho

Peterson is a hard one to decide on, on one hand no one should force him to use certain pronouns and the legislation itself is problematic, on the other hand he has a victim complex and is being an asshole.

I actually met him once at a UofT protest as I work in Toronto, and he came off a lot more reasonable than his detractors who called him a Trump supporter and a bigot.

RinsFury

Actually i listened to both his shows with Milo on ..and He called Milo out on a ton of shit when he was going to far.
But the reality is sometimes Milo has a valid point within his satirical gay guy tirades, mostly he's a Right Wing nut,but not everything he says is like that.
But he's a unicorn really..I don't know what to really think about how serious to take him.

But guys like Sam Harris are amazing guests to listen to,him and the Rubin Report are really exposing me to alot of different view points on American politics that for the most part are very civil.

Milo isn't a unicorn, he's a hateful, islamphobic, bigoted piece of shit. Don't be fooled by his smooth talk.

Peterson is also trash.

Dresden

i remember the tyson one because it was the last one i heard - Rogan spent most of it asking about the validity of the moon landing

StAidan

You are full of shit. He's gone on record that women should be in camps, feminism is cancer,

Yeah, whatever dude. He engages in rhetoric to make a point, but I don't know why I'm bothering to point that out, you can't possibly be unaware of it. Extremely common tactic used in political discourse throughout the history of the world.

and he's doxxed people and arranged racist harrassment campaigns. Stop lying.

Lying about what? I'm not an apologist for the guy, did you think I was endorsing him or something? Yes, he's said some bad stuff.

Armaros

Yeah, whatever dude. He engages in rhetoric to make a point, but I don't know why I'm bothering to point that out, you can't possibly be unaware of it. Extremely common tactic used in political discourse throughout the history of the world.

Lying about what? I'm not an apologist for the guy, did you think I was endorsing him or something? Yes, he's said some bad stuff.

You are making excuses for his ideals and also then minimize what he has done to people with soft language. "Bad Stuff"

Right. /roll eyes

The normalization of the alt-right is proceeding as planned. Just as Bannon wants.

Chumley

Banned

"To say he's racist or islamaphobhic is hyperbole"

That's a lie. He is objectively racist and islamaphobic.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Milo isn't a unicorn, he's a hateful, islamphobic, bigoted piece of shit. Don't be fooled by his smooth talk.

Peterson is also trash.

I won't disagree about Milo but I absolutely disagree about Peterson, he's brilliant listened to alot of his lectures and he's not what so many are quick to label him as at all.

NandoGip

I think hat Rogan tries to be that type of guy who thinks being politically correct is a crock of shit but he's gone too far deep and now says some fucked up shit.

Rogan seems like the kind of guy I'd get stuck talking to at a bus stop or a bar because he's got some really intense personal theory about the world that explains everything, while I'm just smiling and nodding and hoping he'll go away. I'm sure he's mostly harmless, but it annoys me how many 20-something dudes seem to think he's some kind of stoner intellectual.

Jones is the kind of guy who'd say that the Apollo I, Challenger, and Columbia accidents were false-flag inside jobs if he thought he could make a buck off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom