• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's just for entertainment!"

*fascist government elected into power*

No. Fuck you. It's not entertaining, it's corrupting.

l2ounD

I won't disagree about Milo but I absolutely disagree about Peterson, he's brilliant listened to alot of his lectures and he's not what so many are quick to label him as at all.

I watched his podcast with Rogan and liked listening to him a lot, went on a Peterson youtube binge after.
And now seeing people calling him delusional is what I like about OT gaf. All spectrums :)

Listened live and man this podcast made me rethink Trump for sure. Not sure if it is all right but Jones has been right on a few things years before they actually came out in public.

Fun listen but I take all this shit with a grain of salt since it is so nutty. Fun if it is true. First 20 min is psychic vampires!

s9nazxfmf4ey.jpg
"Made me rethink Trump"

Go on.

*fascist government elected into power*

No. Fuck you. It's not entertaining, it's corrupting.
Don't forget probably millions take this seriously.

I listened to this interview last week and found it pretty fascinating. The thing about Rogan's sit-downs with people like Alex and Milo is that it gives you insight into their minds if you're willing to listen critically and carefully to what they're saying.

I think Alex has major issues trying to communicate what's going on in his brain -- to the point that he's often basically incoherent. So in a situation like the JRE podcast, Joe can keep telling him to back up and say something that makes sense. For example, all that crazy stuff about interdimensional messages sounds ridiculous, but Alex himself wasn't claiming to believe that these interdimensional messages are actually happening. He's just claiming that's what the "elites" believe. (Whether he's right about that is another debate altogether, of course.)

The two episodes with Milo were even better in terms of getting a truer representation of the man himself. Setting aside his abrasiveness and the shock tactics he uses to get attention, Milo is actually a very smart individual who can articulate his opinions in an intellectual, logical manner. All the talk about him being a nazi, white supremacist, homophobe, islamophobe, etc., is just radical hyperbole. Milo does hold some odious opinions, but if you listen to *what he actually says*, it's quite clear that list of labels doesn't fit. He's mostly just a conservative who happens to be more in-your-face about it than usual.

^^^ What happens when you come to conclusions after watching something called "The Joe Rogan Experience."

You might think Trump was an OK dude if you watched him on Fallon, too. Or that O'Reilly is a reasonable chap when he tones down his bigotry to go chat with Stephen Colbert.

Take a moment to actually look around at the actions of the people you're defending and you'll see reality is a bit different outside of a few hours spent bullshitting with Joe Rogan. But, hey, who knows. Maybe you're right. Maybe I just need to be thinking more "critically and carefully" of The Joe Rogan Experience so I can get better "insight into their minds." Yeah, you're probably right.

Azzanadra

This is probably just derailing the thread at this point but re Peterson: trust me as a UofT student who doesn't necessarily agree with what he says, he comes off as a rational one in this kerfuffle, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE

And this isn't an isolated incident, his office doors were glued shut and his speeches are met with people with white noise boxes to drown him out. The term SJW might not have much meaning anymore due to its liberal use by conservatives on anything to the left of Paul Ryan, but never have a seen people more deserving of that title than these people.

Like seriously, even if you disagree with Peterson (as I do on some levels) who honestly comes off as the more rational and reasonable one here?

T.O.P

Banned
This is probably just derailing the thread at this point but re Peterson: trust me as a UofT student who doesn't necessarily agree with what he says, he comes off as a rational one in this kerfuffle, just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE

And this isn't an isolated incident, his office doors were glued shut and his speeches are met with people with white noise boxes to drown him out. The term SJW might not have much meaning anymore due to its liberal use by conservatives on anything to the left of Paul Ryan, but never have a seen people more deserving of that title and these people.

Like seriously, even if you disagree with Peterson (as I do on some levels) who honestly comes off as the more rational and reasonable one here?

When the squad goes out to be oppressed

legit lmao'd

I listened to this interview last week and found it pretty fascinating. The thing about Rogan's sit-downs with people like Alex and Milo is that it gives you insight into their minds if you're willing to listen critically and carefully to what they're saying.

I think Alex has major issues trying to communicate what's going on in his brain -- to the point that he's often basically incoherent. So in a situation like the JRE podcast, Joe can keep telling him to back up and say something that makes sense. For example, all that crazy stuff about interdimensional messages sounds ridiculous, but Alex himself wasn't claiming to believe that these interdimensional messages are actually happening. He's just claiming that's what the "elites" believe. (Whether he's right about that is another debate altogether, of course.)

The two episodes with Milo were even better in terms of getting a truer representation of the man himself. Setting aside his abrasiveness and the shock tactics he uses to get attention, Milo is actually a very smart individual who can articulate his opinions in an intellectual, logical manner. All the talk about him being a nazi, white supremacist, homophobe, islamophobe, etc., is just radical hyperbole. Milo does hold some odious opinions, but if you listen to *what he actually says*, it's quite clear that list of labels doesn't fit. He's mostly just a conservative who happens to be more in-your-face about it than usual.
Or could be you're justifying wasting your life on this podcast by trying to make it sound smarter than the garbage pile it is.

You are pretty ignorant on Milo, btw, if you think he's just an in-your-face conservative who doesn't live on ruining others' lives. What about all the stuff he *has actually said* about women, feminism, Jews, trans people, and more? What about the harassment campaigns? Hmm?

Tomohawk

The guy is more intelligent that most people.
Just doesn't want all these pronouns to be legislated. Im from Toronto too, im not sure how that adds credibility tho

Maybe I'm wrong, but I listened to him on the Sam Harris podcast and I found him to be spouting some pseudo intellectual bs about the meaning of truth.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Or could be you're justifying wasting your life on this podcast by trying to make it sound smarter than the garbage pile it is.

You are pretty ignorant on Milo, btw, if you think he's just an in-your-face conservative who doesn't live on ruining others' lives. What about all the stuff he *has actually said* about women, feminism, Jews, trans people, and more? What about the harassment campaigns? Hmm?

If Milo is a typical conservative, I wonder what an atypical conservative is.

Ecto311

"Made me rethink Trump"

Go on.

Don't forget probably millions take this seriously.

Or the people who take what others say on gaf serious. Funny seeing so many people quoting me as if I am serious or the bad version of what Alex can do to people.

RinsFury

Seeing how many in this thread are susceptible to the smooth talk and machinations of hate promulgators like Milo and Jones is scary as hell, and shows the danger of "both sides" moderates like Rogan providing them with a stage. They should not be given any opportunity to brainwash more into followers.

StAidan

Look, I'm not making excuses for any of the cruel stuff that he's said and done, I'm talking about the underlying political opinions in his head -- the things that are already there before they come out of his mouth in the most foul ways possible. I'm saying that those opinions aren't at all unusual and are, in fact, quite mainstream among conservative areas of the United States. Opinions about traditional free speech protections, protection of individuals' religious convictions, refugee resettlement issues, economic conservatism, and yes, transgender bathrooms.

That's what I mean when I say Milo is "just a conservative." He chooses extreme and offensive ways to say what he wants to say (and *does* reprehensible things as well), but the actual beliefs are mostly (though not completely) unexciting.

Tomohawk

Seeing how many in this are susceptible to the smooth talk and machinations of hate promulgators like Milo and Jones is scary as hell, and shows the danger of "both sides" moderates like Rogan providing them with a stage. They should not be given any opportunity to brainwash more into followers.
I think it would be alright if they had people that could challenge their views debating them, instead of people amplifying them like Eddie Bravo.

This is so perfectly an example of how Joe Rogam giving platforms to bigots normalizes their bigotry.

Milo is a man who literally harassed a trans student as part of his talk. Dehumanized her and encouraged people to mock and hate her. She ended up dropping out of school.

eggandI

Banned
This is so perfectly an example of how Joe Rogam giving platforms to bigots normalizes their bigotry.

Milo is a man who literally harassed a trans student as part if his talk. Dehumanized her and encouraged people to mock and hate her. She ended up dropping out of school.

He knows. He already handwaved that away

Chumley

Banned
Look, I'm not making excuses for any of the cruel stuff that he's said and done, I'm talking about the underlying political opinions in his head -- the things that are already there before they come out of his mouth in the most foul ways possible. I'm saying that those opinions aren't at all unusual and are, in fact, quite mainstream among conservative areas of the United States. Opinions about traditional free speech protections, protection of individuals' religious convictions, refugee resettlement issues, economic conservatism, and yes, transgender bathrooms.

That's what I mean when I say Milo is "just a conservative." He chooses extreme and offensive ways to say what he wants to say (and *does* reprehensible things as well), but the actual beliefs are mostly (though not completely) unexciting.

He's not "just a conservative". At all. Targeting and shaming transgender students and black celebrities is not normal conservative behavior, and I say that as someone who finds normal conservatives despicable. You continue to obstruct the facts and lie in some pathological need to normalize this guy.

Most moderate conservatives are only reluctantly on board with Trump, and Milo is 10 times worse than him. He's aligned ideologically in every way with Steve Bannon.

StAidan

He's not "just a conservative". At all. Targeting and shaming transgender students and black celebrities is not normal conservative behavior, and I say that as someone who finds normal conservatives despicable.

FTFY. No, it's not normal behavior at all, but that type of behavior also has no bearing on whether or not he's politically conservative. It just makes him a bad person. Not sure where the obstruction is in that.

Ecto311

Oh, so it's this defense.

20e.png

Defense? I said a thing and got piled on as if I was 100% serious but no one knows me or knows if I am or not. Then I get shit talked for pointing that out after tons of quotes showing how I am the one being influenced here. Wtf is going on. No goddamn fun at all in these posts.

Amazing podcast, some of the craziest and most hilarious shit I've heard in a while

Alex Jones is totally out of his god damn mind

This isn't interesting. It's just stupid and kinda boring.

It's like that episode of That 70's show where the gang gets the idea to record themselves while high because they can never remember all the funny jokes they tell each other, and when they play back the tape while stone cold sober they realize how unfunny they are.

Defense? I said a thing and got piled on as if I was 100% serious but no one knows me or knows if I am or not. Then I get shit talked for pointing that out after tons of quotes showing how I am the one being influenced here. Wtf is going on. No goddamn fun at all in these posts.
What is your joke then about rethinking Trump? Cause no one found it funny so you might as well explain it.

Darryl

Banned
I heard this last week after it went up and it blew my mind. I never watched or read anything on ************* before, but I'd heard all kinds of talk about how it was crazy nutjob stuff. I had no idea it was THIS crazy.

PSYCHIC VAMPIRES ARE WORKING WITH AI THAT WAS CREATED TO SEND INTERDIMENSIONAL MESSAGES TO DEMOCRATS IN ORDER TO TURN THEM INTO CHILD MOLESTERS WHO WANT TO UNDERMINE LIBERTY AND SURRENDER THE US TO THE GLOBALIST ELITES SO THEY CAN RUN OUR LIVES!

I mean that's not really me exaggerating, that's all shit that came out of Jones' mouth. And what galls me is that Rogan doesn't call it out as the bullshit that it is, he just rolls along with it. He asked Jones to elaborate here and there ("what is a globalist" for example) but more often than not he almost seems to be agreeing or giving this impression that he is having some kind of awakening to all this. It makes me think Rogan isn't as smart as I thought he was or maybe he's just more gullible. Or maybe its the weed? I don't know.

I think its completely okay for Rogan to have guests like Milo and Jones and it disappoints me to see so many people here suggest he should never have them on. The problem I have is that Rogan fails to see these as the important opportunities they are to challenge their ideas in a public forum and instead chooses to shirk that responsibility in favor of "entertainment". That's the issue. Having them on in the first place is not.

Also, for all the people here that want to say Rogan is full on right-wing, I think you're cherry picking to make that point. I listen to all the shows that aren't about MMA and I've heard him express positive opinions on progressive ideas enough times to know that he isn't some hardliner in either direction.

The rants he goes on about psychic vampires et al. are pretty basic stories when you get to the heart of it. A story about elite pedophile vampires are just stories about how rich elite will prey and exploit innocence for sport (often in groups and in group rituals) as a display of power or as a hazing ritual. It's a known phenomenon with huge historical precedent. He had some stories about immortality. Some stories about strange, transcendent cult-like beliefs. They're just dressed up to be entertaining. They're common conspiracy themes because they're literally common elements of conspiracies, which do happen. When you've reached the top of the power chain, you have no where else to go but to make shit up or do weird behavior. He could make up similar stories like this until the end of time and people will believe him. "The power elite are doing weird things and secretly abusing human rights and/or their power." is a story that will occasionally be correct, eternally. People will believe the story because everyone knows that at some point people reach a level of comfort with a task and they start inevitably bastardizing it, getting clumsy, getting weird. It's human nature.

I thought it was great. Joe Rogan has been killing it lately. The Jordan Peterson one was fantastic.

nilbog21

Banned
such a great podcast holy shit LOL Joe rogan always provides great insight into these fucking nut jobs while not arguing but just discussing their views (See: Milo )

pretty sure alex jones is going to the bathroom every 30 min to smoke crack. dude is out of his fucking mind

also eddie bravo is literally brain dead

And this isn't an isolated incident, his office doors were glued shut and his speeches are met with people with white noise boxes to drown him out. The term SJW might not have much meaning anymore due to its liberal use by conservatives on anything to the left of Paul Ryan, but never have a seen people more deserving of that title and these people.

"Peterson!, do you have any comments on the nazi presence at your protest?!"

*Sikh guy starts looking around confused

LMAO

black_13

Banned
Listened to this baked which is the way it should be listened to and I was laughing my ass off!

JRE is one of my favorite podcasts. Yea alot of the stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt and Joe is far from the perfect but it's still an entertaining podcast depending on the guest and topic. It's basically a long ass interview with odd/interesting questions.

dafodeu

Anyone try Joe Rogan's supplement companies product Alpha Brain? He is always pushing that hard and after this podcast it must really be working lol.

fin

Anyone remember Weekly World News? I remember as a kid seeing that "news" paper waiting in line for groceries.

Next time someone should ask him about Elvis.

Filth

He's a mixed bag some views from the left some from the right. He certainly leans more left than right though.

And he's for sure not alt-right

he says hes a libertarian.

Libertarianism (Latin: liber, "free") is a collection of political philosophies that uphold liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing the values of freedom of choice, voluntary association, self-ownership, and the rule of law.[2][3]

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Ill have to sit down and listen to this sometime. All I knew about Joe Rogan before this was that apparently he breathes into the mic a lot.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What's the deal with this Rogan guy? I've seen him interview both Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, and all throughout both interviews he nodded in agreement with basically everything they said and provided literally zero pushback whatsoever. Yet the guy's supposed to be a pretty hardcore right-winger as you can see by him having the latest guest in the op's video.

Someone explain.

What's the deal with this Rogan guy? I've seen him interview both Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, and all throughout both interviews he nodded in agreement with basically everything they said and provided literally zero pushback whatsoever. Yet the guy's supposed to be a pretty hardcore right-winger as you can see by him having the latest guest in the op's video.

Someone explain.

Because he's not a hardcore right winger at all. He has hundreds of different people on his shows and often times doesn't like interrupting or needlessly disagreeing with them. He basically just books people that he thinks will have an interesting conversation and let's them go on whatever tangents they want.

I mean even during this podcast he's basically telling Alex Jones he's crazy the whole time but laughing and having fun with his craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom