• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

You maybe want to check the couple of episodes he's had with an ex Baltimore cop exposing corrution and institutional racism before generalising in such a wrong way.

And now he has podcasts where there is something to Pizzagate and that their must be something to the arguments that the Democrats are running a pedophilia ring.

Then we have his Milo podcasts?

l2ounD

You basiclly made really vague and worthless excuses for his positions. You dont think that believing white people have it as bad as black people with racism is racist?

Clinton: so any evidence of this? Or is this a rehash of the election where people made more vague and bullshit statements with no real evidence? Email amirite?

So you believe in #AllLivesMatter?

I dont think Joe is racist.

Clinton: I could point you towards what Christopher Hitchens says against the Clintons if that helps

I dont follow hashtags

Armaros

I dont think Joe is racist.

Clinton: I could point you towards what Christopher Hitchens says against the Clintons if that helps

I dont follow hashtags

So you dont have any evidence and point to dead person with his own controversial history as proof.

Calderc

And now he has podcasts where there is something to Pizzagate and that their must be something to the arguments that the Democrats are running a pedophilia ring.

Then we have his Milo podcasts?

No, we don't. He does, with it being his podcast. He is friends with Milo, therefore free to invite him on. He challenged Milo on a bunch of shit so don't out make he sat there like a noddy dog the entire time because it's not true.

In the Henry Rollins episode (which no one brings up as it doesn't conform at all 9to this Rogan is alt right narrative) when Milo is brought up he says he finds him crazy but entertaining. He is perfectly allowed to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek2r1UxWMBc

Joe goes into his ideas on universal basic income in this episode, which have developed over the last year and a half. Originally, Joe was super apprehensive of the idea of basic income, providing typical arguments like "oh but then everyone would stop working". Since, he has clearly thought about it a lot more, and he regularly brings up the question with different guests to see what their takes are on the issue, and why they do or don't support it.

So, his ideas seem to be more complicated than just "typical libertarian" or "Anti-communist" as someone had suggested in this thread earlier.

Chumley

Banned
You maybe want to check the couple of episodes he's had with an ex Baltimore cop exposing corrution and institutional racism before generalising in such a wrong way.

Stop using the people he has on as evidence of anything he personally believes. Him having Milo on in itself isn't the issue, it's that he didn't push back on the shit he said. At worst he said "that's stupid" or something, and was mostly giggling along at Milo calling Leslie Jones a gorilla and other racial slurs or saying he's a really smart guy.

Like, the truth is right in front of your face about Rogan yet his fans refuse to see it. I listen to the guy all the time for MMA shit, probably as much as anyone here, and I've known for years he's all in with the alt right crowd. He told me to shut the fuck up on Twitter for saying he's catering to the alt-right, and then he followed me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing all this for business reasons but deep down hates that most of his following is full of these pieces of shit.

Calderc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek2r1UxWMBc

Joe goes into his ideas on universal basic income in this episode, which have developed over the last year and a half. Originally, Joe was super apprehensive of the idea of basic income, providing typical arguments like "oh but then everyone would stop working". Since, he has clearly thought about it a lot more, and he regularly brings up the question with different guests to see what their takes are on the issue, and why they do or don't support it.

So, his ideas seem to be more complicated than just "typical libertarian" or "Anti-communist" as someone had suggested in this thread earlier.

That's the thing with Joe, and why taking little clips out of context here and there doesn't work with him. The man has literally thousands and thousands of hours of content with hundreds of different guests. Many, many topics get covered. Joe isn't the smartest on all of them, and says some stupid shit sometimes (he's the first to admit this) but he'll research something and come back to it time and again with differing opinions based on that research.

Calderc

Stop using the people he has on as evidence of anything he personally believes. Him having Milo on in itself isn't the issue, it's that he didn't push back on the shit he said. At worst he said "that's stupid" or something, and was mostly giggling along at Milo calling Leslie Jones a gorilla and other racial slurs or saying he's a really smart guy.

Like, the truth is right in front of your face about Rogan yet his fans refuse to see it. I listen to the guy all the time for MMA shit, probably as much as anyone here, and I've known for years he's all in with the alt right crowd. He told me to shut the fuck up on Twitter for saying he's catering to the alt-right, and then he followed me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing all this for business reasons but deep down hates that most of his following is full of these pieces of shit.

He did push back, a whole bunch. To claim otherwise is disingenuous. And tell the 'don't judge him by his guests' shit to the people flaying him for having Milo and Jones on.

l2ounD

So you dont have any evidence and point to dead person with his own controversial history as proof.

Are you saying Hitchens is making up all the things the Clintons have done? Its pretty easy to google. Not hard to find corruption as well as her stance on gay marriage or legalizing marijuana

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
So a few days ago After Trump enacted the "Muslim Ban" Justin Trudeau and Canada basically said any refugees being denied entry to the States, Canada will accept you.
Pretty Good thing to do I think. I can't stand Trudeau in general but I respect this position.

In responce Yusra Khogali the cofounder of Black Lives Matter Toronto called Justin Trudeau a White Supremacist Terrorist.

She and those like her(by that I mean those that just nod and say ya your right without any critical thinking) are lunatic left Wing radicals just as dangerous as the Milo's of the world.
Where someone can actually believe and perpetuate that Trudeau is a Nazi..for fuck sakes.
Don't believe me watch it yourself..its disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHbSbtzPXtU
So when i say the far left and the far right to me are just as bad..they are its happening and its disturbing. Hell we don't even have free speech in Canada you Americans should protect that at all costs, you'll regret it when its gone.

Dave Rubins latest is on point as usual The Free Speech Wars Have Begun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KUf_giuZo

l2ounD

Dave Rubin the alt-right nut job that gives Milo a platform and considers him a friend. He is a terrorist! A White Supremacist Terrorist!!

But for real that was a great vid, I'm watching his talk with Glenn Beck now.. what a trip!

Azzanadra

So a few days ago After Trump enacted the "Muslim Ban" Justin Trudeau and Canada basically said any refugees being denied entry to the States, Canada will accept you.
Pretty Good thing to do I think. I can't stand Trudeau in general but I respect this position.

In responce Yusra Khogali the cofounder of Black Lives Matter Toronto called Justin Trudeau a White Supremacist Terrorist.

She and those like her(by that I mean those that just nod and say ya your right without any critical thinking) are lunatic left Wing radicals just as dangerous as the Milo's of the world.
Where someone can actually believe and perpetuate that Trudeau is a Nazi..for fuck sakes.

So when i say the far left and the far right to me are just as bad..they are its happening and its disturbing. Hell we don't even have free speech in Canada you Americans should protect that at all costs, you'll regret it when its gone.

The Toronto chapter is definitely....interesting. I know Yusra, she is very much viewed with disdain even on the UofT campus. Even the people you would label as "SJWs" (like the ones heckling Jordan Peterson) think she's a nutjob.

Ultimately, this issue probably has more precedent in the US but I think Sam Harris here has one of the more balanced and sober approaches to the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_8K-eulZJ4&t=144s

As for Dave Rubin, I have kind of turned on the guy. His show had a lot of promise I think in 2015 when I found him, but as of late he has taken a turn for the worse by allowing his guests to walk all over him, he claims to welcome all viewpoints yet prominently gets guests like Milo and Glen Beck as opposed to prominent leftists figures. In fact, the most liberal guest he has had in the political sphere is probably Gary Johnson which is...yeah. He shows no backbone when people spout utter bullshit (like that Crowder guy saying he's for small government yet in the same breath wanting to ban abortions). At least Rogan in this regard is willing to call out stupid claims as they are.

I don't mind Rubin fraternizing with these kinds of people but if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to show some spine for his views. He had Ben Shapiro sitting right across from him and literally praised him for saying that as an Orthodox Jew, he believed Gay Marriage was a sin, because he is "entitled to his private beliefs". Yep, a Gay atheist. What is wrong with this guy? No push back against idiotic religiosity whatsoever.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I've really enjoyed almost all the stuff I've seen or heard with Sam Harris, really thoughtful guy with the wisdom to be well learned on the data first and not present knee jerk reactions.

I can see how you could see Rubin being too softball in his counter points, he does make them but he rarely is confrontational in his arguments at all and I can see sometimes he should try to be less the unobjectionable host and more the debater in the Conversation he's having.

Audioboxer

I've really enjoyed almost all the stuff I've seen or heard with Sam Harris, really thoughtful guy with the wisdom to be well learned on the data first and not present knee jerk reactions.

I can see how you could see Rubin being too softball in his counter points, he does make them but he rarely is confrontational in his arguments at all and I can see sometimes he should try to be less the unobjectionable host and more the debater in the Conversation he's having.

He's probably one of the most misquoted or slandered public speakers around right now. I think he spends more of his time "busting myths" around things he has said than actually talking about anything "new" these days lol. Although his recent flurries with artificial intelligence are good brain food. I'm really interested in the questions of morality around AI as it expands and becomes life-like. As OT as this might be, good ole Ghost in the Shell has some good episodes (in the TV anime) and thoughts in the movies about morality and AI. One day it will become a real matter for us to debate. Maybe not in our life times though.

I'd say he isn't a Hitchens, but then again no one is. However, I'd personally rank Harris ahead of Dawkins, who tries to be Hitchens, but falls short of having the grace Hitch did. Still, a thinker who has provoked a lot of brain food for the masses whether you agree with things he says or not. In the modern world it's a pleasure to still read a whole book written by someone, rather than just feeding yourself 140 character tweets or a couple hundred word "journalist articles" (in many cases often just the following inflammatory article title). It's sad but a lot of the modern day world is catering to short attention spans around incredibly complex topics that require lots of conversation and lots of reading. This is one reason I like Rogan's podcasts when it's guests I want to hear. Not many other places give people 2~4 hours to discuss anything. As in, all topics, nothing off the table, and not 5~10 mins curated PG-safe mainstream news interviews. Although as I said earlier in here, Alex Jones is just one person I'm not wasting 4 hours of my life entertaining.

jeemer

You dont think that believing white people have it as bad as black people with racism is racist?

Can you please link me to him saying this? I've heard him mock the sentiment that people of colour can't be racist. I've never heard him try to imply white people have it as bad as black people at all.

Audioboxer

ya I couldn't listen to it all , i tried but man this guy is just to hyped and erratic and incoherent..i gave up after about 3hrs with a headache

lol.

Usually an "I gave up" happens after 10~20 minutes. 3 hours? Dude, that's like an episode in self-torture.

Tomohawk

I can't stand Dave Rubin, he's like Joe where he has on fruit cups that spew crazy shit that he barely challenges, except his crazy to sane guest ratio is worse. He's a good speaker but a lot of his words ring hollow.

Pusherman

He's probably one of the most misquoted or slandered public speakers around right now. I think he spends more of his time "busting myths" around things he has said than actually talking about anything "new" these days lol. Although his recent flurries with artificial intelligence are good brain food. I'm really interested in the questions of morality around AI as it expands and becomes life-like. As OT as this might be, good ole Ghost in the Shell has some good episodes (in the TV anime) and thoughts in the movies about morality and AI. One day it will become a real matter for us to debate. Maybe not in our life times though.

I'd say he isn't a Hitchens, but then again no one is. However, I'd personally rank Harris ahead of Dawkins, who tries to be Hitchens, but falls short of having the grace Hitch did. Still, a thinker who has provoked a lot of brain food for the masses whether you agree with things he says or not. In the modern world it's a pleasure to still read a whole book written by someone, rather than just feeding yourself 140 character tweets or a couple hundred word "journalist articles" (in many cases often just the following inflammatory article title). It's sad but a lot of the modern day world is catering to short attention spans around incredibly complex topics that require lots of conversation and lots of reading. This is one reason I like Rogan's podcasts when it's guests I want to hear. Not many other places give people 2~4 hours to discuss anything. As in, all topics, nothing off the table, and not 5~10 mins curated PG-safe mainstream news interviews. Although as I said earlier in here, Alex Jones is just one person I'm not wasting 4 hours of my life entertaining.

I don't think it is slander to suggest Harris is supportive of imperialism and foreign intervention, goes out of his way to justify or rationalize violence done by the West (including Israel) while never considering the context of islamic violence and is guilty of vilifying muslims and islam over other religions. Here are two articles (1,2) deconstructing the terrible politics of Harris. Are they filled with misquotations or guilty of slander?

Well, Eddie Bravo shouldn't have been there, since i just can't listen to him. But the rest was entertaining. For a non American, are those Trump Tax plans for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom