• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan and Alex Jones get high and incoherently discuss crazy shit (JRE podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
What makes you doubt I am here not in good faith? I am not defending the racists and bigots, just everyone's right to say what they want within reason (not hate speech).
Ad hominems do not make my points disappear btw.

Here you go buddy.

Violence is not defensible no matter your "noble" cause.

WW2

Nah. I know many black and latin people that voted for him. Etc etc you could go on and on about this crazy election.

They can be racist too.

But no response when I brought it up the first time.

Lot of anecdotes and tone policing though. You aren't here for a discussion. You're here to talk at us. And I'm done with you.

Ozigizo

He teeters on hate speech. That is the key distinction. He knows how to get away with it. The quicker you recognize this the better youll do against people like him.

No, let's call a racist a racist.

You are not here in good faith or you would be on your actual account instead of risking a ban on a burner.

Gattsu25

Banned
I am aware of him. The reason he is dangerous is because he knows how to argue.
We need someone that will actually debate him and not get emotional because of what he says.
No, I'd say the reason he is dangerous is because people will disingenuously carry his water and lend him legitimacy.

He doesn't need to be put in front of a spotlight with a powerhouse debater. That will only add authority and status to his cause.

He needs to be ridiculed for the hateful charlatan that he is. He needs to have fewer avenues to spread his message provided him: https://twitter.com/paigebrittany/status/809563991315980289

Here you go buddy.

WW2

They can be racist too.

But no response when I brought it up the first time.

Lot of anecdotes and tone policing though. You aren't here for a discussion. You're here to talk. And I'm done with you.

WW2? Debatable. The concept of being noble is a strange one.

Tone policing? Anecdotes? (Only one, and it served as a non-universal point)

You're done debating? Well that is unfortunate.

No, I'd say the reason he is dangerous is because people will disingenuously carry his water and lend him legitimacy.

He doesn't need to be put in front of a spotlight with a powerhouse debater. That will only add authority and status to his cause.

He needs to be ridiculed for the hateful charlatan that he is. He needs to have fewer avenues to spread his message provided him: https://twitter.com/paigebrittany/status/809563991315980289

At this point your, second point needs to be done. As someone put it, he has been on mainstream news already so it is time he gets shut down.

Mexican Eddie will always be hilarious.

For those who are just tuning in, don't take this podcast episode seriously. Joe knows Alex is batshit insane, and Eddie will believe anything once you get a couple of drinks in him.

This. I'll listen tonight, but Rogan rarely calls people out.

No, let's call a racist a racist.

You are not here in good faith or you would be on your actual account instead of risking a ban on a burner.

Sure, but what constitutes a racist? That where the alt-right has everyone by the throat. We need sift through their bs and our own rhetoric.

jtb

Banned
Alex Jones is a white nationalist masquerading as a conspiracy theorist.

I don't know if he was always this way, but he's certainly not an idiot. He knows the way the wind has been blowing the past eight years, and has capitalized on that.

He must be making money hand over fist for his disgusting, toxic lies.

ReAxion

Yes, I see all the bigots quivering for fear already. Have they let up on their rhetoric? Or have they gotten more defensive? Have they garnered shame? Or have they garnered sympathy?

They will never let up on their rhetoric, that's why you can't reason with them. You not understanding this reveals a deep fault in your understanding. What they will do, which is what they're saying they will do, is go back into hiding, because they are going to get punched, early and often.

They will never let up on their rhetoric, that's why you can't reason with them. You not understanding this reveals a deep fault in your understanding. What they will do, which is what they're saying they will do, is go back into hiding, because they are going to get punched, early and often.

How do you know this is the case?

Uhh Gamergaters made him a rockstar....Like that's why he's so popular amongst young assholes.

I think I first saw him on neogaf during the whole gamergate mess.
You're right that hes popular with people that like to provoke others.

All I'm saying is don't fall for it. There are easier ways to deal with it.

Gattsu25

Banned
He teeters on hate speech. That is the key distinction. He knows how to get away with it. The quicker you recognize this the better youll do against people like him.
It's laser focused targeted hate speech against specific individuals. He is a hate monger. Here's an excerpt from one of his speeches: http://mediamilwaukee.com/top-stori...sgender-lockerroom-policy-breitbart-alt-right

>> Context: Milo just finished mocking feminists who critique the very harmful phrase ‘man up’ <<<

Milo: “I’ll tell you one UW-Milwaukee student that does not need to man up, and that is Justine Kramer.”

>>> Milo puts an image of me, taken from last spring when I was earlier in my transition and appeared significantly more masculine, on the main screen<<<

Milo: “Do you know about Justine Kramer? Have any of you come into contact with this person? This quote unquote nonbinary trans—you’re not laughing now, are you, you know him—this quote unquote nonbinary trans woman forced his way into the women’s locker rooms this year. Who knows about this story, any of you?"

>>>Milo looks around, people laugh<<<

"I see you don’t even read your own student media. He got into the women’s room the way liberals always operate, using the government and the courts to weasel their way where they don’t belong. In this case he made a Title IX complaint. Title IX is a set of rules to protect women on campus effectively. It’s couched in the language of equality, but it’s really about women, which under normal circumstances would be fine except for how it’s implemented. Now it is used to put men in to women’s bathrooms. I have known some passing trannies in my life. Trannies—you’re not allowed to say that. I’ve known some passing trannies, which is to say transgender people who pass as the gender they would like to be considered."

>>> Milo directs the audience’s attention to the image of me.<<<

"Well, no.”

>>>Audience laughs. <<<

Milo: “The way that you know he’s failing is I’d almost still bang him.”

>>> Audience begins laughing a lot, keeps laughing <<<

Milo: “It’s just…it’s just a man in a dress, isn’t it? I should reapply my lipstick...”

I don't know if he was always this way, but he's certainly not an idiot. He knows the way the wind has been blowing the past eight years, and has capitalized on that.

He use to be a guy that attacked bush constantly, that's how I first heard of him, he is bat shit nuts but amusing. Definitely someone you should not take at face value.

Ozigizo

Yep. His shtick is used to sell shit to morons on his Infowars site.

You seem to be fine with Milo exercising his free speech?

People calling him a racist is the exactly same legal right.

No, my point was it is dangerous that a group of people gets to decide who is racist and who isn't at their convenience.
It's just kind of authoritarian.

Gattsu25

Banned
No, my point was it is dangerous that a group of people gets to decide who is racist and who isn't at their convenience.

The real tyrants are the ones that call out tyranny.
The real racists are the ones that call out racism.

Breads

Banned
You are, but as you mentioned we have a responsibility to ourselves and others to be careful in how and onto who we apply it to. In reality however, reference is different as it can travel into legal territory of slander.

I don't think I do, actually.

Armaros

So people using their first amendment rights to call a racist a racist is authoritarian now?

It's odd how you assign everything the alt-right are doing to the people calling them out and now say they are just as bad.

So people using their first amendment rights to call a racist a racist is authoritarian now?

1. It can be slander
2. When we as a society follow social cascades to the point where reference is accidentally bestowed and their rights are oppressed then yes it is authoritarian.

Yep. His shtick is used to sell shit to morons on his Infowars site.

To be honest, some of the 'shit' that he sells on his site is actually quite impressive. I still can't believe that the Carbon NanoTube body armor he is selling is real and only costs about $600 dollars. It kinda blew my mind when I saw it.

Armaros

1. It can be slander
2. When we as a society follow social cascades to the point where reference is accidentally bestowed and their rights are oppressed then yes it is authoritarian.

But you have no first amendment issues with the alt right. Just with people calling them out.

That's some nice selective support of first amendment rights.

Breads

Banned
You don't think you do what exactly?

The thing you said.

1. It can be slander

I'm not breaking any laws or violating any rights regardless of what I do, what I say, or how inconsistent I am. If I call someone a racist I will be able to quote something they said in public which means it isn't slander. Beyond that I have absolutely no responsibilities in how I conduct myself here.

It's odd how you assign everything the alt-right are doing to the people calling them out and now say they are just as bad.

Both sides are bad. Extremes are bad. Heck the middle is bad because it is the most extreme. Funny how that works right? Perhaps it just boils down to who has the better argument? Perhaps science is on to something. Hmm.

He use to be a guy that attacked bush constantly, that's how I first heard of him, he is bat shit nuts but amusing. Definitely someone you should not take at face value.

No one here does, dude. The concern is that POTUS does. That's what people are criticizing - he's been legitimized at the highest level.

Both sides are bad. Extremes are bad. Heck the middle is bad because it is the most extreme. Funny how that works right? Perhaps it just boils down to who has the better argument? Perhaps science is on to something. Hmm.

This is just incoherent. Alex Jones GAF account confirmed.

Armaros

There we go, both sides are the same.

Thank you for giving up the goat.

There we go, both sides are the same.

Thank you for giving up the goat.

Both sides are indeed the same. American politics is ridiculous.
Both sides are racist in different ways. Both sides espouse violence in different ways.
Both sides contaminate the environment in different ways etc etc. It is your culture fighting among itself.

Armaros

Both sides are indeed the same. American politics is ridiculous.
Both sides are racist in different ways. Both sides espouse violence in different ways.
Both sides contaminate the environment in different ways etc etc. It is your culture fighting among itself.

Thank you for stop pretending you are in this argument for anything besides contrarian trolling.

And being so cowardly to hid behind a alt.

Uhh Gamergaters made him a rockstar....Like that's why he's so popular amongst young assholes.
Maybe that's why I never heard of him, I didn't follow gamergate at all.

All I know is in this thread I saw a video of a woman getting maced in the face by some coward and I agreed with Joe Rogans points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom