• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Joe had Andrew Schulz on today

"Andrew Schulz is a stand up comedian, actor, and host. Check out his podcasts "Flagrant 2" & "The Brilliant Idiots" co-hosted with Charlamagne tha God. "

--------------------------

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Schultz talking about C19 and the scientific community was very painful; just showing his ignorance

Sorry you were misinformed and misunderstood the data we've had from very the beginning, but please stop projecting it onto the rest of us

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Shitty, processed, social media snippets of communication are akin to eating shitty, processed food. Bad for your mental health and bodily health. Good points.

That story about how his plan to embarrass his dad by signing him up for acting auditions backfired is fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

If there's one thing that warrants watching/listening to most Bill Burr episodes, is the simple fact that Billy's pretty much the only guest that isn't afraid of challenging and/or making fun of Joe. Absolutely refreshing.

Yup, Bill calling out JR for being a tough guy and not wearing a mask was great :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Why? Is it because you don't agree?

His opinion went from "We gotta shut this shit down now with the military" when Rodeo drive was being looted to quickly downplaying it to "Oh I've seen 100 videos and it's mainly just white people looting, it's not a big deal"

His views have been extremely inconsistent during this whole ordeal.

edit: Rogan has always been a flip flopper even since his days in the 90s with News Radio always suiting his narrative with whatever is popular at the time.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Joe had Jocko Willink back on the show today

--------------------

On Magic: The Gathering being "racist" now

giphy.gif

bender

What time is it?
While they didn't touch on union reform, Jocko's ideas about police reform in terms of training and psychological evaluations should be mandatory listening.

His thoughts on leadership are inspiring.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
His opinion went from "We gotta shut this shit down now with the military" when Rodeo drive was being looted to quickly downplaying it to "Oh I've seen 100 videos and it's mainly just white people looting, it's not a big deal"

edit: Rogan has always been a flip flopper even since his days in the 90s with News Radio always suiting his narrative with whatever is popular at the time.
Granted, I haven't seen all of his recent videos where he discusses this, but I think there was a little more nuance in his thoughts as well as talking about different things.

Tesseract

Banned

people are allowed to adapt, learn, change

that's life

Erdrick

I've just started to get into this podcast, and holy hell, where has this been all my life? It's so good. I don't listen to podcasts in general but I love how upfront and genuine Rogan and his guests are. The one with Bill Burr was great. Apparently I've got plenty to listen to as well. Great stuff.

entremet

Joe is a pretty dumb guy--self admittedly. I barely agree with him. I only come for the long-form interviews, only for specific guests. And his interview technique is great. Most podcasters interrupt their subjects like crazy.

To clarify the dumb part. He's obviously not an idiot. He's created successful businesses and so on. But don't expect Joe to give nuanced and well-informed takes across the spectrum. He's just giving what he knows at the moment. He blurts shit out.

He's not a policy expert and he will be the first to remind you. Ppl need to start expecting less from entertainers. MMA, Comedy, Podcasting. Those are his lanes. Don't expect deep analysis from him on other topics. The starts of his show are his guests. That's why he's been so successful.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Him being a “flip flopper” is what I like. Everyone is such an ideological Puritan these days I like a man who admits when he’s wrong and has the conviction to work things out in front of us. Plus it’s funny I mean who are we comparing him to, the media? Politicians? Lol

I mean lol “inconsistent” he’s not an elected official, he’s not voting for laws, dude is just a meathead podcast host who has a show that isn’t restricted by ideology. We need more people like this to make sense of the crazies

Last edited:

entremet

Him being a “flip flopper” is what I like. Everyone is such an ideological Puritan these days I like a man who admits when he’s wrong and has the conviction to work things out in front of us. Plus it’s funny I mean who are we comparing him to, the media? Politicians? Lol

I mean lol “inconsistent” he’s not an elected official, he’s not voting for laws, dude is just a meathead podcast host who has a show that isn’t restricted by ideology. We need more people like this to make sense of the crazies
The whole flip-flopper thing is so stupid. We're in a very fluid situation.

It's why I push backed on the Fauci hate in another thread. These are ongoing events and people are going to make decisions on the information available.

I've just started to get into this podcast, and holy hell, where has this been all my life? It's so good. I don't listen to podcasts in general but I love how upfront and genuine Rogan and his guests are. The one with Bill Burr was great. Apparently I've got plenty to listen to as well. Great stuff.
You'll soon know a lot about chimps, roundhouse kicks, elk meat and DMT, mate..

Top Bottom