• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Dacon

Banned
What reason?

He's not going to get as great guests if he leaves LA. Being in LA helps tons.

I know the dude hates cities, but no one going to Colorado, breh lol.

Honestly, given the dude's audience and how he lets his guests plug their products I can easily see famous people chasing him wherever he goes.

People seriously underestimate the affect Joe has had on modern audiences.

Last edited:

TTOOLL

Joe for like 5 episodes in a row has said he's leaving that studio and leaving LA and it sounds this time like he's really serious, he mentioned it again today.

He is, he said in one of the last episodes that he was in Texas with his wife looking for a new place. He's done with California.

Ornlu

Banned
What reason?

I dunno, the man is making bank, and the people that come on make bank just for doing the show. They could easily justify paying for flights, TBH.

"Hey bro, fly on out and see us. That $500 ticket is gonna be paid off within a couple fuckin days, bro. Your views are gonna jump by millions. Jamie, pull up that video of the chimp getting on a plane."

TheContact

The jocko episode was awesome. Lot of good ideas there.

Really excited for the latest one since I'm a big fan of the Sopranos. Hopefully they share some interesting stories about behind the scenes stuff

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What reason?

He's mentioned if he did leave LA, he'd just pay to fly in the guests. If that's the case, I don't think it would hit him too hard.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’m sure Joe has already talked with people in the business and people he has on if they’d not go on the show anymore.

It might mean less episodes with his friends that he has on like Callen and stuff who live nearby, but he’ll still have guests.

Joe is trying to be the other side in this interview, but its clear he doesn't even buy it and can't really offer up much of anything to defend the other side. He's just serving up paper soldiers for Bret to knock over.

I get what he's doing, but I'd rather just have Bret riff and Joe ask science questions.

Last edited:
Yeah, that one is a bit terrifying. Listened to it for an hour as well yesterday evening.
He might be on to something there..

And if that's the case, the US might be fucked, and it's spreading over to other wester countries as well.
And yeah, no wonder China and Russia are trying to lock up their internet more and more.

Not sure why this guy is so popular. I always earmarked it as something to get into, with all the interesting guests, but the 3+ hour play times kept putting me off. I always liked old Howard Stern, and I figured he was the modern Howard. I finally try a few podcasts with some guests I like... and they were all shit. Joe keeps jabbering on and dwelling on stupid and uninteresting stuff for ages. I think he fancies himself as a bit of an intellect too, but he appears to be a half wit.

I will stick to Bill Burr podcasts. He goes on insane rambles but at least it is entertaining. Bill on Joe was never as entertaining.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Not sure why this guy is so popular. I always earmarked it as something to get into, with all the interesting guests, but the 3+ hour play times kept putting me off. I always liked old Howard Stern, and I figured he was the modern Howard. I finally try a few podcasts with some guests I like... and they were all shit. Joe keeps jabbering on and dwelling on stupid and uninteresting stuff for ages. I think he fancies himself as a bit of an intellect too, but he appears to be a half wit.

I will stick to Bill Burr podcasts. He goes on insane rambles but at least it is entertaining. Bill on Joe was never as entertaining.
the longer format is what makes it so special

joe doesn't fancy himself anything, he says he's retarded all the time

Kazza

For anyone enjoying the Bret Weinstein episode, check out the Dark Horse podcast he does with his wife. They have been one of the few sane voices about covid and this whole other thing. I'm glad Joe got him on again, more people need to hear what he has to say. It's a shame his wife couldn't go too, she's just as smart.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Btw apparently people were pissed at Joe for saying “masks are for bitches.” I don’t know what episode it was, if he said it I missed it nor would I care if he said it.

Fox Mulder

cancel rogan?

kinghomer.gif

Kazza

This one guy defending the show, :messenger_tears_of_joy:;

Vqiariq.png

Gotta love the "Tell us more..." ban baiting.

This is pretty on point:

I think him, JK Rowling or Ricky Gervais are all close to being the final boss. After that, it's officially game over.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned

Ive only listened to the end a handful of times because they usually exhaust interesting conversation within an hour and a half. Maybe you just chose wrong though. He’s had plenty of interesting ones that went well. He even manages to ask good questions in some of the science episodes

showernota

This video is a clear example of what Bret was talking about regarding the anarchist aspect latched onto BLM.

Some extremely small-time streamer gets confronted by protest organizers to stop filming, is escalates to physical assault and threats to his person, followed by them stalking him to his car. I saw it live, and was legit terrified they were going to kill him. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else online.

This would probably get more traction in the politics forum, but I don't have member status yet.

supernova8

Banned

I dunno, he came off so hasty to say Ahmaud didn't do anything wrong. Felt forced or something. I still like the guy a lot and im sure its different being black, he may have been heated.

Saying he didn't do anything wrong because he didn't technically commit burglary (he didn't break and enter, he didn't take anything) is such a cop-out. He clearly went inside with the intent to steal something. The house was under construction and therefore there was nothing to steal.

He walked into the house and yet ran out. With all that said, I still cannot agree with those guys shooting and killing him. They are the ones who chased him and caused the confrontation.

supernova8

Banned
I'm looking at resetera's thoughts on him. I see they are banning people who are a fan of him. What is going on there?

Well because unlike on this forum, on ResetERA you have to agree with what the mods think at all times or else risk getting banned.

Should be clear from the numerous posts along the lines of "What do you think about X game not having XYZ123 gender/race/disability represented?" as if people need to have an opinion on inane stuff like that.
Anyone who says something like "It doesn't really bother me, I just play the game if it's a good game" gets either banned or harassed until they have an outburst in defence and that gets them banned.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Does anyone actually think or say "All cops are good"?

It seems like one side is saying "All cops are bad" and the other side is saying "Most cops are good", but maybe I'm not paying attention?

Isn't a lack of nuance pretty much coming from one side?

Top Bottom