• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

bender

What time is it?
I want to like Ben more than I do.

Joe did a really good challenging him. The Colin Kaepernick discussion sheds light on why I can't take Ben too seriously. He came off as really disingenuous and when challenged, just kept saying "Colin isn't the best person to be representing that movement". No ones perfect and a famous guy with a platform who learned from his missteps seems like just as good of a person as anyone to spearhead a movement.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Finally watched the rest of the Shapiro ep. Good stuff. I wish it was longer.

Joe did a really good challenging him. The Colin Kaepernick discussion sheds light on why I can't take Ben too seriously. He came off as really disingenuous and when challenged, just kept saying "Colin isn't the best person to be representing that movement". No ones perfect and a famous guy with a platform who learned from his missteps seems like just as good of a person as anyone to spearhead a movement.
Yeah, Shapiro makes a reasonable point about acknowledging that "no one's perfect" when he talked about historical figures like Columbus, Washington, Jefferson, or MLK. However, he doesn't seem to be as charitable to Kaepernick with that same philosophy.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I think he’s intelligent, has some interesting things to say, I agree with him more often than not, but I just want to shove him in a locker. I’m sure he’s a great guy, I admire that he’s a family man, but he just comes off as such a hall monitor haha 🤷‍♂️

Ya guy is smart and a good listener but he comes off as someone really sheltered about a lot of subjects

The making good decisions bit was painful

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Serious question:

Does this mean Joe can't smoke weed on his show anymore? It's not legal in Texas and you know Joe loves to get high with his buddies when they're on.

Caffeine

Serious question:

Does this mean Joe can't smoke weed on his show anymore? It's not legal in Texas and you know Joe loves to get high with his buddies when they're on.
This is true only medicinally cbd oil is. You know Uncle Joey is gonna show up regardless probably with edibles lol.

manfestival

Yeah, Shapiro makes a reasonable point about acknowledging that "no one's perfect" when he talked about historical figures like Columbus, Washington, Jefferson, or MLK. However, he doesn't seem to be as charitable to Kaepernick with that same philosophy.
I get that, I finished the Shapiro ep yesterday. However, I think that is him playing the counter narrative in both instances. The prevailing narrative for Colin is that he is some selfless guy who sacrificed everything(his NFL career) for the "black" movement(I say that since there are many movements tied here). Keep in mind, these are the thoughts of most of the people that go after Ben Shapiro so his mind is more tuned into the counter to the narrative. I do think he realistically doesn't harbor any ill will towards Colin, just like those political figures.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This was a pretty interesting episode.
I don't often sit through an entire episode without getting distracted by something and doing something else for a bit before coming back. I watched the whole thing in one sitting. Surprisingly compelling conversation.

I'm an hour in and I don't know what this dude does
He's an academic/archaeologist/author/urban explorer/cool dude

manfestival

I listened to a good chunk of the Post Malone one. It was surprisingly entertaining in a dumb and unintelligent way. Funny how much "throwaway" knowledge that Post Malone has that he dropped on Joe. Can't wait to hear more. I admit I have only heard some of his songs and never paid attention to the human side of Post.

TrainedRage

Banned
I listened to a good chunk of the Post Malone one. It was surprisingly entertaining in a dumb and unintelligent way. Funny how much "throwaway" knowledge that Post Malone has that he dropped on Joe. Can't wait to hear more. I admit I have only heard some of his songs and never paid attention to the human side of Post.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Eh...weak. Girls are more ripped these days. Naturally too. And if you disagree, you are sexist.

XxvPPjg.jpg

She will RIP him apart with bare hands.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned

Fuck man. I missed David. I listened to Dvdasa from the start and went to a wedding party they threw in LA and had an amazing time. Saw the whole gang besides David in a strip club called dames and games and we all had some drinks. Great times.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The David Choe episode is one where I'm glad there are clips chopping it up. For some reason, I was getting really anxious trying to listen to the entire thing from beginning to end. It's really good, but I think I'm better off consuming it in bite sized pieces.

TrainedRage

Banned
When he was talking about his dad. And the dude that made the 'Chinese eye' thing... Damn, I could feel that hurt. This is really interesting.

Edit: Wow. He is so emotional and free. I identify ALOT with David.

Last edited:
Top Bottom