• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Legere announces new T-Mobile One improvements to counter Verizon "Unlimited"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobeid

Banned
I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile three months ago and I seriously can't wait to jump ship. Worst service I've ever had including T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. I might even switch back to Verizon at this point so I can at least make a call in my own home.

I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile three months ago and I seriously can't wait to jump ship. Worst service I've ever had including T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. I might even switch back to Verizon at this point so I can at least make a call in my own home.

Do you not have WiFi calling enabled?

toohectic

How does your home's coverage appear on T-Mobile's coverage map online? I'm curious how accurate their map is.

NeOak

Did you bring your AT&T phone to T-Mobile?

That's probably why.

toohectic

Did you bring your AT&T phone to T-Mobile?

That's probably why.

I plan to bring my existing AT&T phones. Hopefully this isn't an issue. One iPhone 6 and one iPhone 6S+. I figure the standard 6 might be missing support for a few T-Mobile bands, but doesn't the AT&T 6S+ support all the necessary T-Mobile bands? The dumb-phone on our account will likely be replaced, so that's not an issue.

NeOak

I plan to bring my existing AT&T phones. Hopefully this isn't an issue. One iPhone 6 and one iPhone 6S+. I figure the standard 6 might be missing support for a few T-Mobile bands, but doesn't the AT&T 6S+ support all the necessary T-Mobile bands? The dumb-phone on our account will likely be replaced, so that's not an issue.

The 6S is a universal phone, so it should work fine. The 6 too since you have the GSM version, but won't have VoLTE on TMob since no Band 12 support.

Shit gets weird when it comes to Android phones and spotty Band 12 support on AT&T.

If you live in an area with Band 12, you definitely need a phone that supports it, while its a slower band its coverage goes much further.

You definitely want phones that support Wi-Fi Calling/Texting

Toki767

Can you combine that free third line with those 20% off codes?

Cause if so, I may just buy a code off eBay to save money in the long run.

Anustart

If anyone else needs a 20% off code I got I think 1 left. Just as a heads up, learned today that every employee who gets 5 people to sign up gets entered for 1000$.

I didn't know this earlier, just wanted transparency as I said before I didn't get anything.

NMan

If anyone else needs a 20% off code I got I think 1 left. Just as a heads up, learned today that every employee who gets 5 people to sign up gets entered for 1000$.

I didn't know this earlier, just wanted transparency as I said before I didn't get anything.

I'll take one please!

get me one of thems.

Eusis

Will that work if you're already on T-Mobile? If that's the case then I'd definitely like one from any other volunteers.

Got my first bill already.

Two lines w/ Hookup: $80
Third line w/ Hookup: $32 (too bad I didn't wait on this one, but w/e)
Kickback on two lines: -$20

Total: $92. Compared to about $135 I would be paying with AT&T. Many thanks to Anustart. Going to go activate my free fourth line today, albeit at the cost of a $25 SIM.

So I made the switch from Project Fi - well I'm in the process of doing it. I got two lines for $100 in which I'll make sure Kickback is activated. I had them send the 3rd SIM for the free line, but I may cancel it. My fiance gets her phone for free (on her parent's plan and she doesn't have to pay) and I really shouldn't have a use for a 3rd line afterall.

I was able to get the $150 gift card too - I guess Fi counts. No 20%, though. But with Kickback, hopefully my bill will be about $80 a month. From there, my employer actually gives me a stipend of $70 a month for a cell/data plan for work.

Is it possible to call back asking for the 20% employee discount thing or is it too late? I did at least get two of the SIMs at a reduced price. Not quite $0.99, but $3.99. Rather than $25 or whatever.

Switched our plan from the 2 line simple promo to the 2 line one+ and I opted for the $25 unlimited 4g tethering for my line. I'm due to pay off my lease for my current phone, so that will save me $25, bringing the total down to be less than what we pay currently due to being all in.

I did the switch online. I'll have to read up on that 3rd free line thing, although I really have no use for it unless I use a phone just for data only.

It's going to be so nice having that kind of tethering. Our home internet is just under 5MB down and .5MB up, and is down at least once per month. It's down today actually. Now I can just switch to the hotspot and get 3 to 4x the speed plus use the unlimited HD streaming right on my TV.

I'd almost cancel my home internet if the tether never throttled.

Eusis

Fucking hell, missed the one free line deal because of some laziness, a straight period of work, some money worries (it WOULD take a few cycles even with refund) and an unclear deadline.

Hopefully it pops back up sooner than later. I've got a spare phone and SIM card to get going ASAP. And would've thrown my brother on when convenient too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom