• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick: Chapter 2 |OT| I Know Gun Fu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

Fuuuuck I couldn't resist.

They did it. They finally did it. An action film sequel that's better than the first. Gun fights are amazing. The world building is goddamned phenomenal, and it's left me with an insatiable taste for a John Wick Cinematic Universe.

Movies, games, books. Give it to meeee.

Arghhhhh gonna be at a conference until Sunday. Will have to wait until then to watch it. Fuck can't wait for my dose of Keanu badassery.

Wow. Even though i love the first one i'm shocked. Seems to be tracking well too despite heavy competition.

Why do people assume that a high RT percentage somehow indicates that the movie is exceptionnally good? It does not. All that it suggests is that the majority of reviewers were pleased with it.

opricnik

Banned
Fuuuuck I couldn't resist.

They did it. They finally did it. An action film sequel that's better than the first. Gun fights are amazing. The world building is goddamned phenomenal, and it's left me with an insatiable taste for a John Wick Cinematic Universe.

Movies, games, books. Give it to meeee.

Payday 2 is official John Wick game already , they licenced it

May be licensed, but that just makes it a game with a John Wick skin, not a John Wick game

Like you'd need something akin to the Arkham combat system to accurately capture Wick's gun-fu style. Cant play like a regular shooter, because then you could miss and that power fantasy illusion is broken

sirap

Like More_Badass said, that's more of a skin.

There's a shit-ton of lore in this movie and I want to experience it thoroughly. A game that has Vampire Masquerade's faction system, Hitman's assassination contracts and Max Payne 3's gunplay would do this IP justice.

Why do people assume that a high RT percentage somehow indicates that the movie is exceptionnally good? It does not. All that it suggests is that the majority of reviewers were pleased with it.

Uh, where in my post does it imply that? I'm shocked that majority of the reviewers ARE enjoying it. The quotes in the thread so far have been extremely high praise.

Has anyone else who's seen it feel the same way?

I liked it. Final fight is way better than the first and the ending is open but it's a really cool set-up for chapter 3. It's a great action film. The action is phenomenal, the colors pop and we see more of the assassin universe, which is a far cooler cinematic universe than the Marvel one for me.

bigkrev

80% through I was sure this was my new favorite movie off all time. Last 20% has made me want to sleep on that discussion

Greatest sequel ever at the bare minimum

God damn. This was one heck of a sequel. I feel that it is better than the first movie in most regards. I'll have to mull the movie over for a few days before givign a proper review but I will mention that I don't recall anything in the music that elevated a scene like Kaleida's Think elevated the night club scene. Still, I think that I enjoyed this more than the first one.

God damn. This was one heck of a sequel. I feel that it is better than the first movie in most regards. I'll have to mull the movie over for a few days before givign a proper review but I will mention that I don't recall anything in the music that elevated a scene like Kaleida's Think elevated the night club scene. Still, I think that I enjoyed this more than the first one.
Fuckkkkkkkkk, highkey one of my favorite parts of the first. I was really hoping for something similar in regards to left field music choices during action scenes.

I am very happy for Keanu Reeves. He seems like a great person who has had a difficult life. He has never been respected or appreciated as an actor, and I'd agree to a large extent that he was not much more that a charismatic handsome white guy type. His best role as Neo was always said to be due to the fact that Neo is famously one of the anonymous and low spoken main characters you can probably think of. "wow", "I know kung fu". Reeves was always credited for being serviceable because he said almost nothing beyond looking surprised and that was the reason he didn't ruin the Matrix.

In John Wick I think he showed himself as a terrific action star who acted convincingly and with confidence and skill. It is also in a large thanks to the stunt coordinators and fight choreographer. I am incredible impressed by the grappling, and Judo/Sambo/MMA throws on display. There is still hollywood elements to it, but a lot of it is really legit and that is amazing to watch that they went out and tried to make the submissions and takedowns be real.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't make me pick :(
Right now I'd say yes but that could be a recency bias. We'll see in a few days. Regardless, it is very, very good.

John Wicks are 'slick' and 'modern', while the Raids are more 'raw' and... Well, raw... intense, exhausting.

I personally enjoy the John Wicks more than the Raids, since well, pretty much everything else aside from the action, John Wicks did it better (the universe, the story, characters, acting, etc)

Current RT if you were interested

cnzfOeS.png

John Wicks are 'slick' and 'modern', while the Raids are more 'raw' and... Well, raw... intense, exhausting.

I personally enjoy the John Wicks more than the Raids, since well, pretty much everything else aside from the action, John Wicks did it better (the universe, the story, characters, acting, etc)
Hand-to-hand fights are my favorite kind of action scene, followed by car chases, shootouts, then foot chases, so Raid 1 and 2 are probably my most watched and favorite recent action movies

dcelw540

Awesome film! It's a bit more of a build up then the first. Think of it as the raid 2, it's more in depth in the world and builds more on John wick and has better action set pieces.

at the end of the movie he gets exiled from the league so does that mean he has an hour till the contract is back on? Or what does it fully mean?

WatTsu

Just got out. Wow.

Wow.

I feel like most of the stuff in Rome was a bit slow but as soon as he gets home, good gracious me. And all the new worldbuilding stuff! ACCOUNTS PAYABLE!

Loved it. Chapter 3 can't get here fast enough.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Current RT if you were interested

cnzfOeS.png

Hand-to-hand fights are my favorite kind of action scene, followed by car chases, shootouts, then foot chases, so Raid 1 and 2 are probably my most watched and favorite recent action movies

Hand to hand obviously Raids triumph over John Wicks, since it's their focus. Pretty much everything else tho, the John Wicks triumph over Raids... Well except car chase maybe since the one from Raid 2 was just that good.

Awesome film! It's a bit more of a build up then the first. Think of it as the raid 2, it's more in depth in the world and builds more on John wick and has better action set pieces.

at the end of the movie he gets exiled from the league so does that mean he has an hour till the contract is back on? Or what does it fully mean?

Basically Wick
has one hour to go away before the corporation gives him his due to him breaking the Continental's cardinal rule

I just got out of watching John Wick 2. I'm so torn...

Torn between if it was better than Fury Road. Yes. It was that good. Holy fucking dog shit. Wow.

Tansut

HOLY. SHIT.

All I wanted was a sequel that wouldn't tarnish the awesomeness of the first, but I got something even better. I can't even focus on what to start gushing about so I'll just leave it at me saying I love this movie quite a lot and cannot wait for another installment that they beautifully set up.

I just got out of watching John Wick 2. I'm so torn...

Torn between if it was better than Fury Road. Yes. It was that good. Holy fucking dog shit. Wow.

I didn't think it was anywhere near that good lol but it was on par with the first and once we get out of the first act it's an amazing ride. Really unsure if they make a Chapter 3 where they go.

Fuck me, this movie!! Savagely brutal in every way, unafraid to be excessively visceral in each action scene. Lots of humour too, loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom