• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle (PS3, CC2) and new TV anime announced

Takao

Banned

That likely has nothing to do with this game. That's being published under the Banpresto label of Bandai Namco, and has been known for months.

Edit: For the new page:

The SWF file is named "countdown01" which leads me to believe that in 3 days we'll just get a new image added to the puzzle. I took a look at the source code, and the SWF file itself:

jbvhSDv1CRcwkk.jpg
jeMXgkvXdXMDT.jpg
jbqi24Zf9LW0Ao.jpg
jbjGD1gc4J3bB2.jpg
jSLI0TwXGCIv.jpg
jAd38rXzEqh0d.jpg
j9Wl5e5DERI3D.jpg
j0fPxAlAL2pil.jpg
jby3RPuL7f9AOa.jpg
jD5H1TPz8GZIM.jpg

Nothing in there points to an obvious answer. The sunrise image doesn't match the one from Smash that was posted here.

Takao

Banned
I don't know why any of you guys would think this would be Smash. Nintendo's not going to allow a teaser site to be hosted on Scamco's site.

Grokbu

Would be cool if it'd be a competitive Shonen Jump 2D/3D fighter.

EDIT: With competitive, I mean a game where they have a fighting game scene in mind, and try to keep the game balanced. Not sure if they've done that with a Shonen Jump game, but it'd be cool.

Nemo's submarine in Secret of Blue Water is called Nautilus (that's not so original)... Mumble mumble (it's a Bandai IP in video game, I guess?).

dramatis

The last 2 Jump All-Stars games were published by Nintendo.
Yes, but that doesn't mean they can't change publishers. I guess it depends on who owns the trademark. Although, the lack of a "Jump" in the title probably makes it lean towards something else.

Takao

Banned
Yes, but that doesn't mean they can't change publishers. I guess it depends on who owns the trademark. Although, the lack of a "Jump" in the title probably makes it lean towards something else.

I'm not even quite sure how the legalities of Namco Bandai publishing a JUMP game in present day would work out. Many of the video game licenses are held by different companies, and in some cases there are different publishers for different platforms.

It's probably going to be the reveal of a Tekken character on Playstation All Stars, but it's definitely not going to be anything about Smash.

wsippel

Banned
Bandai publishes most Shounen Jump games though, and we haven't seen a Jump Super Stars title for years. I won't be surprised if they got the Shounen Jump manga license.
Even if NBGI did a Jump crossover game, it wouldn't be Super Stars. They wouldn't/ couldn't use the branding or the mechanics. Either way, I heavily, heavily doubt this title has anything to do with Jump.

Takao

Banned
Bandai publishes most Shounen Jump games though, and we haven't seen a Jump Super Stars title for years. I won't be surprised if they got the Shounen Jump manga license.

While Namco Bandai does have many of the licenses for JUMP properties, there are a variety that would be missing. If this game is for PlayStation platforms, then it will lack Bleach because SCE is the publisher for that franchise. If this game is for Nintendo platforms it will lack Naruto because Takara Tomy is the publisher for that franchise on Nintendo* hardware. Things like Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, and others would also be missing because they have a non-Namco Bandai video game publisher.

* Battle Stadium DON was published on GC by Scamco. I don't know how that happened.

NeonZ

Even if NBGI did a Jump crossover game, it wouldn't be Super Stars. They wouldn't/ couldn't use the branding or the mechanics.

Which is why I mentioned "All Stars" in the original post. Don't know why people instantly assumed I was talking about Nintendo's series.

Takao

Banned
Would be extremely odd for that to be revealed by Namco and not the company actually doing the game.

It would also be extremely odd for Smash 4 to be revealed by Scamco and not the company who actually owns the game, but that doesn't stop people from posting in this thread thinking as such.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It would also be extremely odd for Smash 4 to be revealed by Scamco and not the company who actually owns the game, but that doesn't stop people from posting in this thread thinking as such.

Well, It might not be SSB4; but I can't help to speculating that Nintendo and Namco might make a deal.

Takao

Banned
Well, It might not be SSB4; but I can't help to speculating that Nintendo and Namco might make a deal.

Might? It won't be Smash. I'm so confident it won't be that I will avatar bet you and anyone else who posts in this thread thinking as such.

I'm also pretty confident that in 3 days we're not getting the reveal, but rather more teaser images.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Might? It won't be Smash. I'm so confident it won't be that I will avatar bet you and anyone else who posts in this thread thinking as such.

I'm also pretty confident that in 3 days we're not getting the reveal, but rather more teaser images.

Hahaha, that would be so namco if they pulled teaser image crap again. I already went through their hype machine and it was awful.

Well, I would like to says It's not smash but just that anything is possible.

dramatis

While Namco Bandai does have many of the licenses for JUMP properties, there are a variety that would be missing. If this game is for PlayStation platforms, then it will lack Bleach because SCE is the publisher for that franchise. If this game is for Nintendo platforms it will lack Naruto because Takara Tomy is the publisher for that franchise on Nintendo* hardware. Things like Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, and others would also be missing because they have a non-Namco Bandai video game publisher.

* Battle Stadium DON was published on GC by Scamco. I don't know how that happened.
The licenses are timed. Once they expire, other companies can scoop them up, and the original licensees can't make XYZ again.

It's stuff that this which keep certain games from having sequels for a long time, like MvC.

Guys Guys Guys, it's not gonna be Smash Bros. It was announced like, a month ago or something that it was in a very early stage. The earliest we can expect a trailer or dojo is in E3 2013. And even that's doubtful.

That still isn't stopping me from getting hyped

Takao

Banned
The licenses are timed. Once they expire, other companies can scoop them up, and the original licensees can't make XYZ again.

It's stuff that this which keep certain games from having sequels for a long time, like MvC.

SCE published a Bleach game last year, as did Takara Tomy for Naruto. Konami published a Nura game this year. Actually, I'm not even sure the latter is out yet.

dramatis

SCE published a Bleach game last year, as did Takara Tomy for Naruto. Konami published a Nura game this year. Actually, I'm not even sure the latter is out yet.
That's what I'm saying. Each company has hogged some slice, but the period in which they can release games for said slice is limited by whatever contract they sign with Shueisha. If Shueisha is dissatisfied with game publisher/dev's handling of the license for video game media, they can eventually back out.

It's possible that they'll even make the ability of the publisher to use the license in a very narrow way.

Javier

Sakurai didn't read the fine print when he made the deal with Namco and now Namco owns Super Smash Bros. and all the characters in it.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider X Super Sentai: The Vidja Game

Berieve

Why do you pull at my heart strings like this? To have a game where I can play as Big One and Kamen Rider Skull is a dream. Here's hoping the new All Rider Generation game gets Kamen Rider Wizard as an unlockable like Fourze in the last one.

Top Bottom