• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This episode was EVERYTHING I wanted it to be and MORE. Wow was it so fucking good. The animation, the transitions, the music, everything about this episode exceeded my expectations ten fold. God, I need to rewatch this again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BTW. Did anyone notice in the ending that the rat doesn't appear inside the diamond with Kira and instead was replaced with Stray Cat? Pretty awesome!

VariantX

what a cool power. makes the intro even better.

but why does he have to tell the boy pretty much everything?!

Because he literally thinks because of his evolution he can't be touched anymore. He casually used his real name around Hayato because even if he doesn't tell them about Kira, the other person merely has to question Hayato and his new power activates erasing the person at that point, and erasing the situation itself by rewinding time. He totally feels invincible.

If this has the same resolution as P3, Crazy Diamond's healing actually works by somehow merging timelines together and that'll be the key in beating Bites Za Dust.

Ezalc

Fuck yeeeeeeees, best jojo villain everybody. Kira is godlike, even though I still hate how his new hair looks dude is still amazing.

Also finally got my hands on a cheap version of his tie. It looks GUREITO.

Demoli

There are people in this world who actually haven't read the manga. My post was geared more towards speculating and discussing with those people.

"Just wait for next week" is boring.

Literally what could anyone do with the information that Rohan died? I guess they try to investigate Hayato and that house too since they knew Rohan was going to do that. But once they do that BTD also activates and kills them.

Bites the Dust works better as a concept if yout hink that Kira doesn't want to win, he wants to NO BE FOUND.

Killer Queen destroys someone without leaving evidence, but you have to be there

Sheer Heart Attack is a time bomb, but you still have to retrieve the stand should something happen to it, taking you to the crime place.

Bites the Dust kills someone and rewinds so that.. [REDACTED] tune in next week folks.

I looove Bites the Dust. Secone best arc in jojo imo.

Fuck yeeeeeeees, best jojo villain everybody. Kira is godlike, even though I still hate how his new hair looks dude is still amazing.

Also finally got my hands on a cheap version of his tie. It looks GUREITO.

My friend spent ¥30k on the p-b tie and leather wallet yesterday. I think I might order the tie myself if they're still accepting orders next month.

kewlmyc

Bites the Dust works better as a concept if yout hink that Kira doesn't want to win, he wants to NO BE FOUND.

Killer Queen destroys someone without leaving evidence, but you have to be there

Sheer Heart Attack is a time bomb, but you still have to retrieve the stand should something happen to it, taking you to the crime place.

Bites the Dust kills someone and rewinds so that.. [REDACTED] tune in next week folks.

I looove Bites the Dust. Secone best arc in jojo imo.

What's the first?

a literal time bomb, im glad though I didn't want Rohan to die. Though after Avdol he stlll isn't safe.

so this is a thing the arrow can do do? get struck twice and gain more abilities? what a lucky fuck Kira is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm surprised Bites the Dust wasn't changed.
Well, the title of the episode was. The arc is called Another One Bite the Dust, but the ability is Killer Queen Bites the Dust.

Goodstyle

Anyone else love the stakes in this? The world isn't in peril, hell, not even the town really is. The worst that happens if Kira wins? He continues to live his life as a serial killer, and occasionally murders some women whenever his nails grow too long. That's it. And you know what? This is a hell of a lot more exciting than most stories because of it. Morioh is this town we grew to love, and Kira's like this cancer that's killing it from the inside, but he also loves living there as much as any other character we've seen.

This is a battle to stop a serial killer, but it's also a battle over the soul of this small town in Japan.

Ezalc

My friend spent ¥30k on the p-b tie and leather wallet yesterday. I think I might order the tie myself if they're still accepting orders next month.

You guys are lucky that you can buy some of these things. I'd love to get some of those alternate color ties, maybe even one of the wallets.

King Boo

That we're on episode 35 out of 39 is also a pretty good indicator that the story is going to end soon.

i didn't know the final episode number. i thought kira lost when they first found him, and was surprised when he made it out.

does kira have to collect the trap card if he wants to cancel it like the hand tank?

Ross61

Are we to assume that the instance of Bites The Dust being used in this episode wasn't the first time it was used? What I mean is, when we saw the sequence of Rohan getting killed by questioning Hayato about Kira was that the first time it was use? Or was that just one of the instances. I say this because it seemed like the sequenced had already happened before because of Hayato mentioning he had nightmares.

Yo, there's a JoJo wallet? My old FMA:B wallet is almost in tatters, and I've been holding off until I find a decent JoJo wallet. I've done a few searches but never really found anything (maybe because it's Japan-only?).

Are we to assume that the instance of Bites The Dust being used in this episode wasn't the first time it was used? What I mean is, when we saw the sequence of Rohan getting killed by questioning Hayato about Kira was that the first time it was use? Or was that just one of the instances. I say this because it seemed like the sequenced had already happened before because of Hayato mentioning he had nightmares.

Yes that is my assumption.

That's why Hayato's manga-face had the warning and "predictions" of the future. It had already happened. We saw at the very earliest the 2nd iteration of the loop.

My guess is that the first time BTD activated there was no such warning. Kira probably in a prior timeline explained what happens if someone questions him, and that's why his mental manga then had a warning.

It's heavily implied, but Araki doesn't really go into it.

jstripes

Banned
Kira's stand's third power relates to time. His all have Queen-themed names.

Araki missed a golden opportunity not calling it "NIYUZ OF ZA WARUDO"

uqWoUUy.png

VariantX

I think so. Why else would all the stuff written on Hayato's face be there that describes events happening right down to the minute? I think Rohan was stuck in that time loop for several instances already.

I think so. Why else would all the stuff written on Hayato's face be there that describes events happening right down to the minute? I think Rohan was stuck in that time loop for several instances already.

The time loop has been happening for 5 BILLION YEARS.

Not really, maybe just one?

Top Bottom