• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Yo, there's a JoJo wallet? My old FMA:B wallet is almost in tatters, and I've been holding off until I find a decent JoJo wallet. I've done a few searches but never really found anything (maybe because it's Japan-only?).

1000110591_2hfs3o.jpg

¥19,440

Im so glad anime only watchers get to expereince the greatness that is my favorite character Kira. This ending is only topped by 7 and 5 for me

HAHAHAHA.JPG
¥19,440

Fuck me. There's gotta be a much more reasonably priced JoJo wallet out there. Last (and only) time I spent that much (actually more) on one anime product was the limited Rurouni Kenshin soundtrack boxset (this). Those were different times, when there was money I could spend.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kira's stand's third power relates to time. His all have Queen-themed names.

Araki missed a golden opportunity not calling it "NIYUZ OF ZA WARUDO"

uqWoUUy.png

might as well bring it up because we already have Bite the Dust

you'll soon realize that The World is only the pause button of time powers, not "all time powers". Kira is the rewind button. Though actually I don't think rewind button is proper, more like the Previous button

D-Man

Since the end of DiU is very near, I decided to redraw one of my favorite manga covers for this part. The hype is real.

tumblr_oh8hkiX9ay1qji8t6o2_r1_540.png

Testing out a new art program, so excuse the kinda bad quality.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not above buying anime cross-promotional merch but that is not a $200 wallet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm more confused why they photographed the wallets the wrong way round. If you held them that way up all your money would fall out!

Since the end of DiU is very near, I decided to redraw one of my favorite manga covers for this part. The hype is real.

tumblr_oh8hkiX9ay1qji8t6o2_r1_540.png

Testing out a new art program, so excuse the kinda bad quality.
Niceu, niceu, very niceu D-Man chan

BADABOOM! REALEST STANDO IN THE ROOM!

HOW YOU DOIN!
Poor Rohan was just too SAAAAAAWFT.

I'm more confused why they photographed the wallets the wrong way round. If you held them that way up all your money would fall out!

To illustrate the concept of using bites the dust to rewind such a catastrophic event from ever happening.

The reveal of Mature Kira reminded me a lot of [Twin Peaks Spoilers]
Leland Palmer becoming confident when his hair goes grey. Also happens to be a murderous dad.

jstripes

Banned
Leland Palmer becoming confident when his hair goes grey. Also happens to be a murderous dad.

Funny thing is Leland wasn't supposed to be the killer. David Lynch wanted that mystery to go on for years, but the network ordered him to wrap it up and move the plot on, and Leland was the easiest way out. Kind of ironic, as JoJo Pt.4 switched "big bads" partway through as well.

NEO0MJ

It's finally here!

I loved the part where Killer Queen crawled out of its hiding space and threw the page open. I could almost hear it saying "You done fucked up now"

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man I love this show so much, I dunno how it manages to be so ridiculous and have it be amazing instead of stupid, but I'm glad it does because it's damn good.

Also anyone else find themselves mysteriously buying more Pepsi in recent times..?

StoneFox

I love this.

About half way through the season I accidentally spoiled myself that Kira got a new ability and that it was called Bites the Dust. Thankfully I managed to avoid finding out what it actually did. I'm so glad I had the self-control to wait three months to find out!

Mista Koo

Jojo avoids the power creep prob- oh well.
Good episode, even if it's a bit much. I don't even know whether Rohan is dead or not so I'm only kinda sad for him? (Don't tell me if you know!)
I hope this doesn't set a pattern of the Kakyoin types dying.

This power is way too fucking strange and convoluted.
Yep. And not necessarily in a good way.
I don't even want people to explain it, I want to see how well they would do it in the show.

If this has the same resolution as P3, Crazy Diamond's healing actually works by somehow merging timelines together and that'll be the key in beating Bites Za Dust.
I actually think Crazy Diamond reverses time, although on an object/person level.

Anyone else love the stakes in this? The world isn't in peril, hell, not even the town really is. The worst that happens if Kira wins? He continues to live his life as a serial killer, and occasionally murders some women whenever his nails grow too long. That's it. And you know what? This is a hell of a lot more exciting than most stories because of it. Morioh is this town we grew to love, and Kira's like this cancer that's killing it from the inside, but he also loves living there as much as any other character we've seen.

This is a battle to stop a serial killer, but it's also a battle over the soul of this small town in Japan.
I love how desensitized we became so that a serial killer is just eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cntr

Banned
I'd say it's the opposite, taking over the world is "eh, okay", a serial killer destroying the soul of a small town are stakes we can care about

Zolo

Yeah. Kira's pretty much a perfect way to differentiate the main villain (like Araki had been doing with the protagonists) in comparison to previous villains like Dio and Kars.

Man I wish I could have been surprised on what his new ability was but too bad I ran into a random youtube video of the opening playing on rewind a couple of weeks ago. I expected some time fuckery just didn't know from who. =/

Jeeves

Gah you posted exactly what I came here to say. I believe Araki did say that he took some inspiration from Twin Peaks for part 4, didn't he?

I also wanted to say that the moments leading up to Bites the Dust were very well executed by the anime. Even though I already knew what was going to happen, when Rohan was reading those pages, my heart was pounding. Bravo!

Top Bottom