• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Awesome OP. This game does look interesting. I probably won't end up getting it, but I like that projects like this exist and have an thriving audience. The directing is really breathtaking and sometimes seems therapeutic almost. Hope it does well.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
You forgot to mention the Journey arcade game (one of the first video games to use digitized graphics, btw!) that came out in the 80's based on the band. :D

Edit: It was even ported to the Atari 2600, without the digitized faces of course.

Speaking of which, the game reminds me *slightly* of an old Atari 2600 game called Riddle of the Sphinx. Maybe it's all that desert.

Agent X

Awesome original post. :)

I'm happy that it's being released early for Plus users. I'll be on board in just three days!

Maybe there was a funny joke involved. But don't you think it's taking attention away from a talented developer and its new game?

Are we trying to draw attention to this game or to how hilarious the topic creator is?

It's not our job to do PR for game companies. Besides if they have a good sense of humor I bet they'd think it was funny too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome OT. Quick question, I heard that for preordering Journey on PSN you get a free dynamic theme, which I want, but can't find where to do it on PSN. I have + too so I'll be able to get the game on Tuesday. I'll use that to drown my sorrows over my CE of ME3 not coming on time.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Really looking forward to this. Normally I'd hesitate to spend $15 on a game that is clearly so short, but I still have PSN credit from back when they gave it away a few months ago. That makes my decision much easier.

Awesome OT. Quick question, I heard that for preordering Journey on PSN you get a free dynamic theme, which I want, but can't find where to do it on PSN. I have + too so I'll be able to get the game on Tuesday. I'll use that to drown my sorrows over my CE of ME3 not coming on time.

Regular PSN users will be able to preorder the game with the theme when the store updates to make the game available on PS+. Since you're gonna buy it then with your + account, though, you'll be able to just buy the game and theme straight out the gate.

ironcreed

Banned
LOL, well done indeed. The game title begged for it and you delivered. By the way, great section for the actual game as well. Can't wait to play it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Regular PSN users will be able to preorder the game with the theme when the store updates to make the game available on PS+. Since you're gonna buy it then with your + account, though, you'll be able to just buy the game and theme straight out the gate.

Sweet

Aesthet1c

Does PS Plus do any kind of trial offers? Would be nice to snag the game on Tuesday if they did some kind of 30 day free trial. If not, I can wait till the 13th to pick this up.

Never said it was but you better warn all other OT creators just the same. They seem to think an OT can be celebatory for a game they and others have been anticipating. You may want to let them know they're only allowed to get excited if they have a job in PR.

And Going for the obvious joke is not hilarious. Having a Sense of humor has nothing to do with it.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

flowsnake

Never said it was but you better warn all other OT creators just the same. They seem to think an OT can be celebatory for a game they and others have been anticipating. You may want to let them know they're only allowed to get excited if they have a job in PR.

You seem to be confused. They can do that, they just don't have to.

Bruiserk

Legendary OT. My friend told me the OT was up and when I first clicked on it I was about to yell at him for tricking me.

Game should be good, I hope it has an excellent soundtrack.

You know, when I read the OP and it got to the "Wait a minute" part, I could have sworn I heard the sound of a record needle being scratched across it's vinyl surface.

Nicely played, sir.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

And Going for the obvious joke is not hilarious. Having a Sense of humor has nothing to do with it.

You must think that Assassins Creed Revelations' OT is the best thing ever since sliced bread.
smh.

Great op, one of the best to ever grace our shores, but I'm seriously disappointed for the lack of the mighty "revolutionary" Journey's arcade videogame and the hideous Atari2600 "prequel" :p

thcsquad

Journey sucks! Gregg Rolie should have stayed in Santana, so he'd still be lending his talents to a real band. There, I said it.

Corto

I hope you don't mind alr1ghtstart but I took the liberty to avatarize your masterpiece. Here it goes up for grabs:

journey1.png

journey2.png

journey3.png

journey4.png

journey5.png

ismk

Hilarious OP, it got me.

I just watched Gametrailers review and this game looks absolutely beautiful. Truly a unique and breath taking game. I wish I kept my PS3 for a bit longer to play this.

Top Bottom