• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravidee

The highlight of JP3 I'd say was the pteranodon scene. It had some good build up and showed that being locked in a giant enclosure with big avian reptiles could be scary.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
JP was made in a era that handled film differently. I can't put my finger on it, but it has much more of a pure escapism, traditional vibe. By the time TLW came out four years later, the general landscape of films changed; became more self-aware/referential, focused on flash, and began to be more like what films are like today (generally speaking). Maybe it feels more grounded due to everything being laced with sarcasm and cynicism? Like I said, it's really tough to pinpoint why TLW feels so different, purely from a tonal and filmmaking sense.

Yeah, I can see that. The early 90s were like an extension of the 80s (as most early decades are) and the same 80s' movie "feel" is still alive in JP, just like Spielberg' s other sci-fi/adventure movies of the time. TLW definitely was coming at that turning point of movies becoming modern, and 3 went all in with the "Hollywoodness", in the early 00s that I consider "the era of bad CG". By time 3 came out, was when most movies were tossing in all the crazy fantastic creations in the movies, no matter HOW bad they looked on screen. Some did it well, others... not so much. TLW really does feel like it's caught in between both time periods, and wasn't sure itself what it wanted to be.

Superflat

The highlight of JP3 I'd say was the pteranodon scene. It had some good build up and showed that being locked in a giant enclosure with big avian reptiles could be scary.

The actual progession of shadows moving in the mist and revealing the cage above them was pretty good, I must admit. I thought it went full ham once Billy started paragliding and the kid was fighting off baby Pteranodons.

I just felt like posting this again.

5VrNn5Q.jpg

Wow, CGI looks amazing in static shots, you would be forgiven for thinking that those are autoerotica.

Bernbaum

I like that it borrowed that from the Jurassic Park novel.
They're still borrowing elements of the first book. So much more dinosaur action than in the film. Crichton's ending also felt made for cinema. Grant taking Genarro to seek out the raptor nests would have made a great ending, even though the film ending is wonderfully iconic.

Ugh, the Petticoat Lane track doesn't trail off, I'll need to go back and fix that. I was a zombie last night lol

Also instead of the brief glimpse of the stampede after the speech I wanted to use shots of the petting zoo but all the footage I could find of them were watermarked and the ones I did find were way too brief to work with, just didn't look right. I wanted to make the opening speech shorter, but every time I tried to cut it down to get to the JW stuff faster, it felt sacrilegious.

A little while back I saw an article on Facebook claiming there may be human DNA in the hybrid but I ignored it because it wasn't being discussed here.

But what do you guys think?

Superflat

A little while back I saw an article on Facebook claiming there may be human DNA in the hybrid but I ignored it because it wasn't being discussed here.

But what do you guys think?

I wouldn't know what part of humans the hybrid would possess.... thumbs? lol.

It would be stupidly amazing if they transferred the brain of a serial killer into the new dinosaur, like Chucky :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCEhfxSL0M&feature=youtu.be

Been editing this over the past day or two, some of it didn't turn out like I wanted and there toward the end I started running out of footage (and patience) but it closes out like I wanted and I'm happy with it overall. Just a general feel of Giacchino's score with the film.

It's great to hear that score over the JW clips. It fits so well!

Dragoshi1

So was that tail-dragging stego just a juvenile or something? Realized the ones in this shot look much better, anatomically:

I've been kinda off the grid the past week, so I'm catching up now. Holy shit, dat CGI. Love that everything is looking completed/refined.

EDIT: Can someone please gif the moment where one of the raptors hits the other with its tail? I wonder if that's Charlie--isn't that the youngest of them all?

Yep, that's Charlie.

Charlie is the one that looks like a Watermelon pattern-wise.

you-bred-raptors-jurassicworld-movie-still.jpg

Teasing the old Visitors Centre. I really can't wait for this film, it's the kind of thing I have been dreaming about since The Lost World. A fully functional park but also a look at the rundown Isla Nublar.

16 days to go.

Toa TAK

Banned
Latest clip was legitimately good. It's stirring up a lot of interest between his relationship with the Velociraptors.

Don't see an issue with Pratt, though.

Jawmuncher

I said it in the other thread, but it's interesting they call them by name in the movie.

The "what did I just say" is the goofiest line.

Considering they're supposed to be so smart. Would make sense to me ,considering dogs can understand commands and would technically be of a lower Animal IQ than a raptor in this universe.

I'm pissed that after calling out Delta, it shows her... with slitted eyes. Grrrrrr.

Edit: I wonder if things got mixed up in marketing and because it isn't Blue, they can't be fussed to correct it. My avatar was labeled "Charlie" but the LEGO site says it's Delta. So I took the name Delta and put it over Charlie.

Yes they are.
Thank you.

Calcium

Banned
Is this movie going to make me cry if Raptor Squad dies? I think this movie is going to make me cry if Raptor Squad dies.

Blue is easy, she's the lead with the blue/black stripe running sown her sides.

Echo is also easy. Brown/yellow with light blue tiger stripes.

Charlie is green with green tiger stripes.

Delta is a little less distinct in her colors, but is various hues of green but overall darker than charlie, with a blueish patch around her eyes.

With some enhancements it's easier to tell. From left to right in the picture it's Delta, Blue, Echo and Charlie:

5TD07z7.jpg

Delta is a little less distinct in her colors, but is various hues of green but overall darker than charlie, with a blueish patch around her eyes.
Well yes, according to Lego. But not the (assumed) official marketing. And Delta doesn't have round pupils in that clip.

...yet the toys line up with Lego. I guess everything is as such but I'm still miffed about the eyes in film.

So it's known, I already knew this info. But the eyes in the film clip made me question if the marketing screwed up.

Jawmuncher

I still can't tell who is who in the clips aside from Blue. But I'm blaming the current footage. Since in the pic it's bright as day.

Well yes, according to Lego. But not the (assumed) official marketing. And Delta doesn't have round pupils in that clip.

The marketing has been consistent as well, just some fans screwed it up early one and through the wrong names on pics.

The eye thing confuses me as well... HOWEVER it may be like a Gecko's eye:

QeXV4QJ.gif

Either way, Delta does have a round pupil in marketing materials:

HscmSyy.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

With some enhancements it's easier to tell. From left to right in the picture it's Delta, Blue, Echo and Charlie:

5TD07z7.jpg
They look better all saturated like that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom