• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 Is 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

thelastword

Banned
So if you have a peach tree on your property that produces peaches with a shade more fuzz than the peach tree on mines, I'm supposed to not enjoy mines?
Yes, you can enjoy your peaches, but don't assume there's no merit in the better tasting fruit. I'm sure if overnight your peaches magically tasted as good, you would have no problems whatsoever and would not want to degrade from hereonafter.

why are people coming into resolutions threads and posting "who cares, its fun"

this is not the thread for you. please leave asap.

more on topic, good to hear about 1080p goodness on the ps4 version

what's the framerate on this one?

omonimo

Banned
He's just stating that there are gamers that don't care about something as silly as a minor resolution difference between two consoles, especially when PC could shit all over consoles and should be where you want to play if you care about these resolutions.

I could come back and say "Why are you responding? Don't like what he said? Don't post, you're giving him attention.", but that's silly as well. It's a forum where all reasonable discussion should take place. Not caring about something like the resolution is a stance.
It's not reasonable say who cares in a thread who talks about it. Definitely.

It's a fair trade-off for achieving similar graphical features across both PS4 and Xbox One.

I hope we get to see some console footage before release.

Head.spawn

Yes, you can enjoy your peaches, but don't assume there's no merit in the better tasting fruit. I'm sure if overnight your peaches magically tasted as good, you would have no problems whatsoever and would not want to degrade from hereonafter.

What if I sit 12 ft away from my peaches, essentially they look and taste the same at that point, right? Plus I just brushed my teeth and used mouth wash, so I can't taste a difference anyways.

Wtf? Lol! This conversation is going places.

PS4:
peachesyqs3k.jpg

Xbox One:
elgdzlfsdysf.jpg

Pif

Banned
The "not coming for Wii U" of this generation quickly became "[insert game] runs at 900p on xbox".

Funny how people don't get tired of mentioning it.

Are people really still surprised by this? I mean really?

So if you have a peach tree on your property that produces peaches with a shade more fuzz than the peach tree on mines, I'm supposed to not enjoy mines?

What the hell are you on about? Fine, I'll play along. If the thread was about the texture and quality of the peach (which I guess would include the fuzz?), and you came in saying "who cares, as long as they taste good that's all that matters," it would be the same thing you're doing now. It isn't a thread about how the peach tastes, it's about the physical quality of the peach... or something...

I feel like I lost IQ points trying to go along with this terrible analogy.

Clockwork5

why are people coming into resolutions threads and posting "who cares, its fun"

this is not the thread for you. please leave asap.

more on topic, good to hear about 1080p goodness on the ps4 version

what's the framerate on this one?

That was answered very early in the thread. If you can't read the actual info in the thread and just want jump on other posters, please leave asap.

I just think had the xbox one been the best console this gen, we would have seen a lot more 900p games on the ps4...

thank god this is not true.

BlitzKeeg

At least there's no parity to "avoid controversy" or whatever that crap Ubisoft was spitting.

Add this to the list of reasons why I'm getting a PS4 I guess

Darkangel

Nobody should be surprised by this, it's a simple fact that the PS4 is more powerful.

That being said, there's barely any difference between most multiplat games. I don't think the XB1 has had anything as bad as Bayonetta on PS3, or Killer 7 on PS2.

Oemenia

Banned
Terrible comparison, there is no other version of Uncharted 4 which has the MP in that game running at 1080p... if there was, a lot of people would care.
Sorry I'm not in on the circle that decides to when to shift the goalposts.

But please inform the rest us when its okay to be outraged.

true, but in this thread it's about xb1 vs ps4, so that pic is relevant to the discussion

also for people who dont own pc they'll need something to help decide which console version to get
But you weren't talking about this thread. You were talking about using that pic in a DF thread. Which I said would be fruitless(haha) since the PC would be the top one.

Ciri

Neo Member
I wonder if console CPUs are capable of handling physics in these kind of games. Hopefully without any drops, which I highly doubt if there's lot going on.

Top Bottom